A New Day

Dance With Me

Seoul, Tuesday, 7:00 am. Chaeyeon woke up with the loud alarm clock, but this time she didn't grumble. She was so excited about the opening of her academy that she got up jumping and singing - something she hadn't done in a long time. “Today is my big day, nothing is going to ruin my joy” was the letter she created at the time, and repeated constantly. Unlike the previous day, she got up, made the whole bed and called the delivery, asking for tteokbokki - one of the only things she couldn't learn from Hoseok was precisely cooking, so she depended on prompt delivery of food or had to eat out, alone. While the delivery man did not arrive, she went to shower and get ready. Washing her long hair took a lot of time, so much so that she already considered cutting it, even though she had never done it before.

Chaeyeon still hadn't fully changed her clothes when the doorbell rang. It was the delivery man, who arrived earlier than she anticipated. She tried to finish in a hurry, ran out of the room and opened the door.

- Good morning miss, here's your tteokbokki.. wait... CHAEYEON ??

Chaeyeon, in a hurry to put the shirt on, messed up all the hair, looked hungover, looking like she spent the night awake. For a split second, she was confused, but soon recognized the person at her door:

- SEULGI UNNIE???? she exclaimed, her eyes opened wide.

- Are you okay? She looks like she needs to go to the hospital ...

At that moment, Chaeyeon realized the state she was in and turned red with embarrassment.

- No, no, unnie... I was getting ready to leave and I came running to answer... I ended up messing up all over.

- Ahh so I shouldn't disturb... here's your delivery, it's 2,500 won ..

- You don't disturb, unnie! Come in a little bit, let's talk while I finish getting ready.. can you? - said Chaeyeon, while making the payment.

- I think so ... the next delivery is only in half an hour.

- Oh, I miss you, Unnie! - Chaeyeon started to hug Seulgi and pulled her into her house. - I haven't seen you since Red Velvet disbanded... how have you been? How the nation's dancer eventually became deliverer of food delivery? I always watched you backstage, and it was amazing... Hoseok always taught me your dance moves ..

- Ah Chae, those years were very difficult .. since the end of the group, no one company wanted to give me another chance.. worse than that, a few time later it, I received a lot of hate because Jimin assumed he was dating me... media spread a lot of rumors, you know. They was saying that I was the cause of that fight between Jin and Yoongi, that I was the reason for the end of BTS, that Jimin broke up with me because he had been betrayed... and the worst thing was seeing every newspaper that reported this to have gone unpunished… I had to disappear for a while until the people “forgot” all these lies… Today, I am working as I can. I had to move on, right?

- Why don't you try again? Don't you miss the stages? You were born for this, unnie..

- Of course I miss it, but what can I do? It's too late for me to try to debut again... and someone will always want to revive those rumors, I can't support this... to tell you the truth, I'm relieved that no one else recognizes me - said Seulgi, with a sad expression, holding on to keep from crying.

- And the girls? Don't you see them anymore? The boys see each other today, yesterday they were all at Jimin's house.

- I only see Wendy, because she is sharing an apartment with me… in fact, I am living in her apartment while I cannot afford one… Joy and Yeri moved inland and Irene unnie became a lawyer and is a volunteer in an NGO that assists orphaned children. Now she only lives to work and care for her younger sister, and only accepts to be called by her real name.

Chaeyeon, who was already dressed up, stopped for a moment and started to remember the day before:

- Wait ... Irene unnie has a younger sister? I never knew that ..

- Yes, I was as surprised as you were when I heard. I still don't know why she kept it from us, but she certainly had her reasons.

- Funny thing is that yesterday I saw a girl very similar to her in front of my dance academy, asking for an autograph! And I don't remember her name .. but anyway, it shouldn't be the same person, it would be a lot of coincidence and I don't believe in these things.

- It must be really ... none of the girls even saw her sister. We don't even know if they look alike... And a dance academy ? So the newspapers were right! Did you leave Big Hit?

- Yes, I did, unnie. I couldn't bear to stay there and remember Hoseok every day, and endure the media all the time asking questions is out of the question... I need some breathe, and nothing better than being a little off the radar.

Seulgi was about to answer when her phone rang. It was the delivery she should have made in half an hour. she had missed the time.

- MY GOODNESS! I need to run soon or I'll be fired! - She shouted, rising in despair and already opening the door.

- Wait unnie ... I had an idea! But you don't have to answer me now!

- What is it, Chae?

- Why don't you come to work with? I will not be able to manage everything on my own, and you are the best dancer I know… you will do what you like again, and you will not have to endure anyone's hate… we both want the same thing - disappear from the scene! It's perfect for us!

- Hmm... can I think a little? I'll give you my number and I'll answer you later .. now I really need to go!

- Take all the time in the world! Today I will start with enrollments and auditions. If you accept, we will start when the classes are ready!

- Okay, Chae! It was great to see you .. Have a great day and even more!

- See you, unnie -  Chaeyeon said, closing the door behind her and heading straight for her dance academy.

 

 

- Eunbi unnie, shall we?

- Yes, Chaewon! Thank you for waiting for me… I'm so nervous…

The two friends were already a good distance from home. With Ms Kwon's fury the day before, Chaewon decided not to go to her friend's house for a while - but that didn't stop them from meeting on the street.

- Relax, unnie! You are about to take the reins of your life! - she said, jumping with joy.

- To tell you the truth, I'm still scared ... if my mom catches me, I'm completely screwed.

- Fear of what? Isn't the academy right next to the college? She won't even suspect... neither she nor anyone. I didn't know you were so afraid, unnie. You always showed so much confidence and confidence, you even encouraged me when I was afraid to ask Minju to go out, when I started to be afraid of the stage ..

- You giving me advice?? Our roles have really changed, Chaewon-ah... but that is not the only reason. I don't know if I'll be able to restrain myself next to Chaeyeon! Just thinking that I'm going to have class with her every day.. I'm afraid I can't control myself, you know? I hardly slept well with this on my head..

- You’ll have to learn to cope... she is her greatest idol, it will be very difficult... but you will succeed! She herself isn’t used to being treated like a celebrity; when Chaeyeon studied there at the art school, everyone knew that she was protected from the “big BTS Hoseok”, but she always lived isolated from everyone, she didn't accept anyone approaching her, I never understood why. I was even surprised when she told me about the way she was treated yesterday by her… and besides, she left school months after I started.

- Yes, yes, I already know this story.. you always told me, to make me jealous!

- Anyway, my subway arrived... good luck today, unnie, and have a great day!

- Good class, Chaewon... see you later!

Eunbi continued walking, alone. It was not a very short ride, but she had already gotten used to it. And that day, especially, it was helping her to calm down. As she watched the blue sky, the cars passing by, the bird’s sounds, all of that was like trying to control herself from the inside. Soon, she was already facing the academy - and, also, the college. It was the symbolic moment of take the decision that would radically change her life’s trajectory.

 

Eunbi started towards the academy, which was already open. However, the anxiety and excitement she felt turned to astonishment and dread when she saw, instead of Chaeyeon and her future classmates, her sister, Joohyun, waiting inside. She immediately tried to disguise the situation.

- Unnie! I didn't expect to see you around here today... did you come to visit your college friends? In fact, shall we going there together?

- Don't insult my intelligence, Eunbi. I know you want to drop out of the course to come and take classes here!

- Seriously? How do you know? I decided that yesterday, I didn't tell anyone... - said Eunbi, literally shaking.

- I followed you and Chaewon yesterday, even disobeying mom's order, because I really thought you wasn't going to go home anymore. I was worried. So, I heard the whole conversation that you had with her.

Immediately, Eunbi started to cry. Without thinking too much, completely desperate, she knelt at her sister's feet.

- Don't tell me that you told our mother everything... is that why you are here??

- Get up, Eunbi! Stop this drama! How could I do this to you? Of course I will not tell her! That's why I came here...

Suddenly, Eunbi's eyes went wide.

- Well, yesterday I noticed a certain similarity between you and Joohyun unnie... so are you her sister?? - Chaeyeon said, soon as she entered the dance hall.