The First Lesson

Dance With Me

- Unnie, did you already know Chaeyeon?? Why did you never tell me anything? - Eunbi was still crying, not believing what happened. - You always knew I was a fan of her… I could have a chance to met her before…. WHY, unnie?

Before Joohyun could say anything, Chaeyeon took the lead.

- Don't treat your sister like that! I never gave her a chance to get close to me... in fact, at that time, I was isolated behind the scenes. I never really liked social interaction, I was always watching the shows from afar ..

- For a long time, the girls and me thought that the story of Hoseok having a protégé was an urban legend - Joohyun added. - and even after we learned of its existence, only Seulgi was managed to get close to her, and that some time after our disband... literally, today is the first time that I meet Chaeyeon.

- Well, Chaewon told me you were like that at school -  Eunbi whispered, but loud enough for Chaeyeon to hear.

- Chaewon? That name is not strange to me!

- She's been my best friend since... always! She says she studied with you for a few months, but she didn't have the opportunity to get close to you. She also said that she was surprised when I told him how she treated me when I got your autograph. She couldn't believe it.

- I remember that name! She was the best student at school... everyone admired her!

- She still has the best grades - added Eunbi.

- Girls, the conversation is very good but I need to go to work. We finish talking at home, Eunbi… and don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

- I love you, unnie ... see you later!

- And it was really nice to finally meet you, Chaeyeon! Take good care of my sister! - completed Joohyun.

- Okay, unnie, she's in good hands - she said, looking directly at Eunbi.

“Why is she looking at me like that ?? Did I do anything wrong?” Eunbi thought, sweating cold and trying to hide the trembling in her hands. She was, again, with her mind out of her body.

 

Immediately after Joohyun left the room, Chaeyeon walked towards the door to close it. The intention was to continue the conversation with Eunbi, but she soon noticed the first students arriving. In a matter of minutes, the place was filled with people of all sort of ages and styles. Chaeyeon then announced the start of the inaugural class.

- Good morning people! My name is Lee Chaeyeon and, starting today, we will learn the art of dance together. I don’t wanna simply teach you movements, but rather to imbue the real meaning of dance in your soul. I want you to learn to express yourself with each part of your body, to feel light as a feather, to understand it as a state of mind.

- Alright, alright, I know we have to understand all of this... but when will the class really start?

Chaeyeon was disturbed by this sudden comment, coming from one of her students.

- The class has already started “for real”, miss ..

- But you didn't even tell us to warm up... shall we just sit here? I thought I was going to teach people to dance instead of philosophizing about dance ..

- I'm sorry, but what's your name ??

- It's Ahn Yujin, Ms. Lee. Is the class going to start?

- Stop being boring, Yujin... let the teacher talk - said one of the girls who was next to her.

- Be quiet, Wonyoung! Nobody spoke to you!

Chaeyeon was holding on inside so as not to be irritated by the student's petulance.

- Enough!! I understand that you are eager to go straight to the practice, but it is really necessary to make this introduction.. And because of your behavior, you are the one who most needs to learn... you know what, I had an idea... get up and warm up, I'll be right back!

 

- Did you need to talk to the teacher like that, Yujin? Don’t you have manners, unnie?

- It was just the truth, Wonyoung! You, as my sister, should already know that I only speak the truth ..

- Shut up and warm up, soon Chaeyeon will be back... weren't you the one who complained "ain but didn't even tell us to warm up” and whatever?

- Warm? To learn the basic movements? You're crazy... I don't need that! I just wanted to start dancing!

- Are you refusing orders from Lee Chaeyeon? The great dancer from Korea??? It is a privilege to take classes with her! Where would you have another chance?? You should follow all what she says... I just think ... then don't complain!

- What does the great dancer in Korea do then in this small place? She was kicked out of the idol world, that's all! Maybe it’s not that amazing anymore…

Suddenly, Chaeyeon came from behind the scenes, positioned a camcorder in the corner, the sound and started dancing. Her clean and graceful movements, but at the same time powerful, delighted everyone. Every detail, every part of your body, every facial expression. Everything perfect - and improvised. After finishing - and receiving loud applause and almost hysterical screams - she turned to her students and started to explain the idea she had:

- Students, you just saw the dance routine that I presented, right? It is an easy level routine. I want you to learn and reproduce exactly what you saw for the audition that we will have this afternoon. I will divide the class into difficulty levels based on this assessment, and I will take the opportunity to enroll as well. All right?

- Teacher!

- What's up, Yujin?

- You won't teach the movements to us, in detail, give some tips... anything?

- But I already taught .. I just showed the dance. You noticed, didn't you? I'm sure you'll be able to reproduce, it was only 40 seconds .. You don't even have to “warm up to learn the basic movements” ..

- B-but, look, it's not like that.. let me-

- You must be here after lunch, with everything memorized. I will film and evaluate one by one. See you later - Chaeyeon turned and went towards the back of the hall, to the office.

Yujin looked in the direction of Wonyoung, who smiled wryly at her sister. Eunbi, in another half, could only be amazed by everything she had just seen. Despite having been bothered by the discussion that had just taken place, she still seemed to be dreaming. Lee Chaeyeon was literally meters away, showing everything she knows in a few seconds ... her heart was pounding, and the feeling of having thousands of butterflies in her stomach was a good (or bad) sign….

 

As the students struggled - and struggled - to memorize what they just saw, Chaeyeon was still adjusting some details on each student's enrollment form. It was difficult to handle everything on my own. Being the owner, administrator and teacher, all at the same time, was scaring her, even if she didn't want to admit it. So he was in for a big surprise when she saw the office door opening.

- Unnie! Why did not you call me? I would have welcomed you better - exclaimed Chaeyeon, with a mixture of surprise and happiness. - You came in through the back door, right?

- Sure ... I saw the room full, and even though no one recognizes me on the street anymore, I'm still afraid of being recognized and receiving hate... but I had to come and tell you this in person: I decided to accept your offer! - Seulgi said, excited. - I couldn't stop thinking about it, all night, and you're right! I need to do what I love again, and this opportunity came at the right time, I can't let it go.

- It arrived at the right time, unnie - Chaeyeon went to the door, which was ajar and started showing the students practicing. - I just spent a short dance for them to memorize and be evaluated later, but I wouldn't be able to do everything myself... you can start helping me with this!

- Of course! I came to start working ... and ... wait! What does Joohuyn unnie do here?? Did she enroll too? - Seulgi was pointing at Eunbi.

- No, unnie ... that's her sister, Kwon Eunbi.

- The girl that you told me about yesterday??????

- Yes, yes! She asked me for an autograph, she took the flyer for the opening announcement of the dance academy, and today she was the first to arrive... I just didn't understand one thing until now...

- What?

- Irene unnie was already inside when she arrived... the two were talking for a long time, and Eunbi cried a lot ... I confess that I was curious to know the reason.

- AAAAH seriously? I wish I had come earlier... I miss Irene unnie - Seulgi's eyes sparkled as she spoke of her. - but what could have happened ???

- I don't know ... when I went to ask her, the other students arrived. Now, I'll have to wait.

Seulgi began to notice that Chaeyeon was behaving differently than she was used to. Even without seeing her friend for a long time, she still knew how to detect when something seemed out of the ordinary.

- Why all this sudden curious about her sister?? Are you interested??

- N-no, of course not... it's just curiosity!

- Don't try to fool me, Chae! Your eyes are shining!

- Like yours, when you talked about Irene unnie??

- Don't change this issue…. Irene is like my sister! I'm just missing her a lot!

- ANYWAYS, do you want to take a closer look at the students training? I'll introduce you to them now.

- Sure, let's go!