Prologue

Dance With Me

Seoul, Monday, 7:00 am. Breakfast was not even served at the table when another discussion started at the Kwon house:

- But mom, it's my dream! I don't want to be a lawyer!

- We won't have this conversation again, Eunbi! You will not be a dancer. Have you forgotten how many tests you did, trying to be a trainee, and was rejected? Don't you think you should stop wasting your time?

- No! It's my dream, I already said. I want to be like my sister was, the most famous member of Red Velvet...

- And do you think it was easy for her? - Ms Kwon said, pointing to Joohyun. - Her group didn't even last 3 years! She decided to listen to me, went to study and now she is a successful lawyer.

Joohyun, the eldest daughter, soon manifested: 

- Don't involve me in this discussion again, I'm tired of these fights. I'm going to my office. - she got up from the table and left without saying goodbye.

- It will be different with me, mother - Eunbi continued - I don't want to be an idol, I just want to be a dancer. And I am of legal age, I have the right to choose!

- Enough of this conversation. Go get ready for college. And have your coffee, you know you can't study without eating.

- But, mother ..

- ENOUGH, I SAID! shouted Ms Kwon, slapping the table. - In my house, I say the rules and it's over. Finish eating and go to study! And leave everything clean, because I'm already going to work, I'm late. Close the door when you leave. See you at night.

- Yes, mum... - she muttered, as tears streamed down her face.

 

Eunbi was already tired of that routine of discussions and stress. At that moment, the doorbell rang. She opened the door and soon received a long hug.

- EUNBIIII UNNIE! Are you ready for class? Let's go together! - Even before the answer, the visitor noticed her friend's tears and amended: - What happened?

- Ah Chaewon, the usual..

- You and your mother argued again, didn't you?

- Yes…

- I can already imagine why-  Chaewon said, already pulling her friend out of the house. Eunbi locked the door and the two started walking.

- It's the only reason for the fights with my mother. She will never accept my dream.

- You should have enrolled at the School of Arts when you had the opportunity! If I succeeded, you would certainly have entered... your sister studied there and would easily find a place for you!

- But you know that I was frustrated with yet another rejection in the SM trainee tests ... then I decided to take another course. And I couldn't take my mother anymore saying that I was wasting time with "this dancer thing"... I auditioned at JYP, SM, Big Hit, CUBE... and I wasn’t accepted in anyone... I was tired of being frustrated...

After a good walk and a silence that followed Eunbi's short outburst, the two friends arrived at the door of the youngest school. Chaewon said goodbye and Eunbi continued on her way, as the college she attends is just a few blocks away.

In the same morning, in a beautiful house, on the other side of the city, the alarm bells at the usual time. Chaeyeon looked at the window and refused to get up. She had not been able to sleep well, as she spent the morning deep in thought. The lack of sleep was taking its toll right now. "Aish, do I really have to get up?" She thought to herself. She turned the other way and when she tried to go back to sleep, the phone rings. She refuses to answer and lets the mailbox ring:

- Hello? Is it from Chaeyeon's house? My work team is already ready in front of the hall, but everything is closed. Does anyone will come open?

Chaeyeon looked at her watch again. “MY GOD, IS ALREADY 9 AM! I HAVE TO RUN!” She had forgotten her commitment. She got dressed in a hurry - she even forgot to brush her long blond hair - then got in the car and got out.

After a long journey, she arrived at her destination. She barely parked and was already apologizing for the delay.

- No problem, Ms Lee. I know how busy the famous people are.

Chaeyeon opened the salon and the team has already started work. It was the last day of service. They continued at a brisk pace until late afternoon.

The whole day passed and the dancer was still there, steady.

- Yeah, yeah, put that mirror on the right side, right on that wall. Install the sound system on the other side. HEY HEY HEY BE CAREFUL, this equipment is expensive! - Chaeyeon was restless, supervising and guiding every small detail of the mini-remodeling of the property she had just acquired. She wanted everything to be impeccable.

- Can you get everything ready today? she asked the team supervisor.

- Of course, Ms Lee! It will became the way you asked.

- Great. You can go on there, I'll distribute the flyers for the opening of my dance academy.

Before leaving the room, Chaeyeon stopped for a moment, looked at the room she had just bought and cried, being emotional. "Ah seonsaengnim, how I wish you were here with me... Our dream is coming true".

The memories of her dance teacher, Jung Hoseok, came to her mind. The nostalgia invaded her whole body and soul. On that day, it was completed one month of the accident which took the life of the only person she could count on, open up, expose her dilemmas and trust her fears and secrets. “You don't know how much I miss you. I hope that wherever you are, you feel proud of me. Here I start my new life.”

Chaeyeon ended up getting lost in her own thoughts. She looked at her watch. "Wow, it's almost time to finish classes, I need to run to distribute these pamphlets!" She was almost leaving the room when she heard someone approaching:

- C-Chaeyeon ??? The choreographer? Am I seeing it right?

- Yes, it's me. Why?

- MY GOD, AM I DREAMING?... GIVE ME AN AUTOGRAPH, PLEASE... - the passerby jumped with happiness, not caring about the eyes of the curious.

- Calm down, girl, control yourself…

- I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN! MY DREAM IS TO BE A DANCER LIKE YOU! THE CHOREOGRAPHY YOU DID FOR TXT IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! YOU'RE PERFECT!

- T-Thank you ...

Chaeyeon never got used to receiving praise and having fans. She was the sensation of the moment in Korea, and the only one under the age of 18 to receive an award for best choreography; but as idols are much better known than choreographers, it was not common for her to be approached by fans. Besides, she didn't know how to react to situations like that, she lost her words. She was always a reserved and closed person.

- I-I'm sorry, am I boring you? - said the fan, noting the blonde's discomfort.

- No, no... it's just that I'm not used to paying so much attention yet - Chaeyeon replied timidly. - I'll give you my autograph. Do you want a dedication?

- Sure! Could you write "For Kwon Eunbi, my fan # 1" ??

Shaking her head positively, Chaeyeon signed the back of Eunbi's notebook. Meanwhile, she noticed the stack of pamphlets in the choreographer's hand:

- Dance Academy? Are you going to open one?

- Yes, it will be right here in this hall...

“Right next to my college ??? Is it a sign ?? ”she thought immediately. "If I can take classes with her, I will definitely make my dream come true!"

- When do classes start ???? I want to sign up now !!

- Be calm, please... the opening is tomorrow at nine o'clock, and there will still be enrollments and selective sessions. You can show up here, if you want - Chaeyeon said, handing one of the pamphlets to Eunbi.

- THANK YOU! IT WILL BE A HONOR TO HAVE CLASSES WITH YOU!

- Take it easy, girl, take it easy... I have to go now!

 

Chaeyeon said goodbye and left. Eunbi remained paralyzed, not believing what had just happened.