Uncertainties and Despair

Dance With Me

- What do you think of taking me to your house?

- WHAT??? - Eunbi exclaimed, surprised.

Chaeyeon immediately realized what she just said and put her hands to , with a totally scared expression, with a red face.

- W-well, that's not what I meant, it's ... actually, I want it ... it's ...

- Why are you shaking? - Eunbi, although she was also nervous, started to get close to the teacher, worrying about her.

- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, I'm not intimate with you or your famil .. forget what I said, okay? You can go away...

- It will be an honor to receive you! No need to apologize, I want you to come with me! Not even in my best dreams would I could imagine having Lee Chaeyeon at my house! And Joohyun unnie will love to see you too..

- Oh really??

- Of course yes! I don't know why you want this, but I accept it!

- You know, I haven't tlat feeling in a long time... I can't explain, but seeing you and your sister rekindled something inside of me that had been dead for a long time. I need to see Joohyun unnie and remember those times, the good part of my life - Chaeyeon's voice broke for a moment; Eunbi noticed, but remained quiet for a while.

- Are you going to visit Joohyun unnie?? exclaimed Seulgi, who had just entered the room.

- Come with me, Seulgi! I know you want to see it again!

- Her mother won't let it happen, Chaeyeon! If I, who was Irene unnie's best friend, couldn’t go there often, imagine someone she never saw, like you?

- AAH I forgot that detail - Eunbi exclaimed, slapping her hand on the forehead. - I can't take you home, although I really want to...

Had Eunbi said the last part of the sentence too loudly? Her face was instantly red.

- W-well, if so ... I was just curious to know more about Joohyun's family, since Red Velvet was very close to my “father” .. I wanted to remember the good times and know more stories, since I was always behind the scenes of the shows… there is so much I wanted to know!

- Hey guys! Are you talking about me??

The three, mainly Seulgi, went into shock when they saw Joohyun entering the room, expressionless. An awkward silence filled the entire room. Chaeyeon noticed the strange weather and took the floor:

- We talked, but nothing bad, don't get it wrong .. I just asked if I could visit your house and-

- This is out of the question - Joohyun interrupted the teacher's sentence. - Eunbi, let's go, mom is already waiting for us!

- But unnie, why can't they go? - Eunbi asked, trying to be cute to convince her sister.

- Stop making that face, Eunbi! You know our mom! She may not know Chaeyeon, but she knows Seulgi, and she doesn't want either you or me to have any contact with people who are or have ever been idol ..

- Okay, I got it... let's go, unnie. But one day I’ll take you home, Chaeyeon - Eunbi said, still in a panic.

- I don't want to cause you any problems - replied the dancer. - We can leave everything as it is, for now; after all, we all know each other practically today, we have a long time ahead.

Seulgi had a sudden idea, thinking she had resolved that slight impasse:

- We can go to Chaeyeon's house, instead! She lives alone! You wouldn't have a problem with your mother, Irene! What about it?

- See you, girls - Joohyun replied, dryly, pulling Eunbi and leaving the place.

Chaeyeon, watching the scene and seeing Seulgi's reaction, noticed that something was wrong. Why did Joohyun seem to treat her friend and former co-worker so coldly? When she decided to ask, she saw Seulgi leaving, running and crying. “Well, better let it go…. What a busy day it was! I need to rest!"




 

It was already dark and Yujin didn’t leave the room where Wonyoung was hospitalized. She refused to leave her side, no matter how much her parents asked her to rest; she expected to be present as soon as she woke up. The feeling of guilt was consuming her inside and she didn't want to waste a second. She needed to ask for forgiveness for the way she treated her all day - and for the past few days, too. When Wony finally woke up, Yujin practically jumped with joy and relief:

- Wonyoung! Thank God you woke up! - She shouted loudly, immediately calling her parents, who were in the hospital canteen.

While they went to tell the doctors what had happened, Yujin returned to the room and returned to the charge, crying and hugging her sister:

- My dear little sister! I was so afraid of losing you .. I would never forgive myself if that had happened! I need you to forgive me, please! I love you very very much!

- What happened? How did I get here?? - asked Wonyoung, visibly not understanding anything. "Maybe she is still dizzy from the force of the impact..." thought Yujin.

- You had a serious accident, my sister. You passed by a surgery and now you’re recovering. Our parents are coming now, don't get excited, just rest.

She was not prepared for what she would hear next:

- Sister? What Sister?? Parents? What are you doing here?? I don’t know you!!

- Wonyoung, it's not time to play with me... it's me, Yujin! Your sister!

- I don't remember you... actually, I don't remember anything ..

Yujin's eyes widened in total amazement.

- Seriously?? NO, PLEASE, you’re kidding, for sure! No way you lost your memory….

- If I lost, I don't know; I just know that I don't know who you are and I don't remember anything you said that happened to me - Wonyoung replied, coldly. It was understandable, due to her condition. - Please, can you stop hugging me??

- Not! You need to remember me, sister! You have to forgive me! I can't take it like this...

- Let me go! - Wonyoung pushed Yujin with the little strength she had left, and the latter falled to the ground. Soon after, she passed out.

At that moment, her parents and the doctor who attended her entered the room and, seeing that scene, immediately tried to understand the situation, while raising Yujin to the floor:

- What happened here, Yujin? asked Ms Ahn. - You told us she was awake ...

- She doesn't remember me, mom! - replied the daughter, crying and sobbing. - I tried to make her remember, but she pushed me...

- Really? Are you serious? Aren't you just thrilled and imagining things?? - replied the father.

- NO! I'm sure of what I saw! She looked me in the eye and said she never saw me in my life!

The three immediately looked at the doctor, who started trying to explain what could have happened to the youngest girl's memory, without success. The accident had been serious, but her head was hardly affected; therefore, she preferred to wait for more detailed exams.

Yujin was heartbroken. How was she going to apologize to someone who didn't even remember what she had suffered?