Revelations - Part I

Dance With Me

Shortly afterwards, breathless from running a lot and looking very angry, Joohyun arrived at a big house in Seoul, a real mansion. She approached the door and started knocking while shouting:

- Open that door! Let me in now!

Facing the silence that followed her action, Joohyun insisted:

- I know you're there! If you don't open, I'll break this door and get in! - she shouted, when she saw, through the window, the shadow of a person moving.

When the resident of the house saw that he would no longer be able to hide, he decided to turn on the light in the living room and open the door. As soon as he opened it, she was slapped in the face:

- Jimin! Why did you meet Seulgi? What did you say to her?

- Good night to you too! Good to see you, Irene! - He replied, still feeling the blow that she gave him.

- Shut up and answer me! And get that freaking smile out of your mouth, I'm talking serious!

- How did you find out that I went to meet her? She swore to me that you haven't spoken well in years ... did she lie?

- It doesn't matter, Jimin! What did you say to her? Answer me! What did you do? She is feeling bad..

- This is between me and her, you have nothing with it!

- I know you told her about me! Open your mouth now! - Joohyun said, with an intense expression of anger.

- Are you sure you want to know? - Jimin said, without even looking at her face.

Noticing that Joohyun didn't show any kind of hesitation, he decided to say:

- All right. I made her remember the past and know the truth. I got tired of keeping inside myself everything that happened. She deserved to know what you did!

- WHAT???? - Joohyun shouted loud and started towards Jimin, grabbing his neck. - What truth? What you mean? I did nothing!

- Don't pretend you don't know, Irene. Did you think I would never find out that it was you, at that time, that leaked my relationship with Seulgi to the press? Now I understand why you suddenly decided to leave Red Velvet. You wanted to get rid of any suspicion, am I right??

- I-I have no idea what you're talking about! Stop lying and answer me!

- Don't pretend that you’re misunderstand it! You know what you did! Do you realize what it cost, not only for me and her, but for everyone who was also indirectly involved? You ended the career of two groups, ended my courtship, made Seulgi stained for years, and why? For what? Because she chose to stay with me instead of you?

- She was mine! You stole her from me! - Joohyun, without realizing it, gave Jimin that reason he claimed.

- So you finally admit what you did?

- I didn't admit anything! I would never do that to Seulgi! I love her! - Joohyun said, bursting in anger.

- Well, keep denying... I knew you would say that. And to make it clear, I didn't steal her from you. You didn't even confess to her! She chose to stay with me, and you know it!

- Don't lie! You took her away from me, how could I confess with you already dating her? You took her chance to know that I loved her!

- I don't care if you think I'm lying or not... anyway, now she knows the whole truth.

- You just threw up lies to her. Seulgi would never believe you!

- Yes, she believed me.. she kissed me, instead - Jimin said, in a provocative tone. - And I hope you stay out of our way, because I will win her back!

Upon hearing this, Joohyun froze for a moment. Consumed by jealousy, she replied:

- That's what we're going to see. you'll regret what you did - she said, practically putting her finger on Jimin's face, practically threatening him. Soon after it, she turned and walked away, crying.

 

 

 

- And that's what happened, Chaeyeon - Seulgi said, weeping.

- I still can't believe all this, unnie. Are you sure that everything that Jimin oppa said is true??

- I'm not sure, but it makes sense. I remember her reaction very well when I told her that I was dating... somehow, she didn't seem totally happy to know about it, but at that time I thought she was just being an overprotective friend... I would never imagine that she liked me!

- Unnie... that's not what I asked. I'm sure you understand me - Chaeyeon looked Seulgi in her eyes, waiting for her answer. The older one sighed deeply, trying to organize her thoughts:

- I don't know, Chaeyeon. I can't think that Joohyun unnie would be capable of such a thing. This scandal practically ended my career! And she always treated me well, protected me, gave me affection and love, she was my best friend and counselor. But, in another half, I think.. why would Jimin lie about it? His career was badly damaged too, and he also treated me very well, he was an exemplary boyfriend. We only ended it because we couldn't take all that mass harassment and hate from the fans and the media anymore.

- Don't you think you should clean up this story with unnie? You need to hear what she has to say..

- Is it really a good idea? Do you remember that day when Eunbi asked to come to your house and I gave the idea that I would go here with Joohyun? Remember how she treated me?

- Maybe she was so ashamed to face you, since she was so strange and giving you little attention all the time - said Chaeyeon, trying to comfort her friend.

- I don't know what to think, I don't know what to do, my head is a mess now. Think that either my best friend for years or my sweet ex-boyfriend is potentially lying to me is excruciating. For now, I don't want to make any decisions, I just want to vent with you and feel safe..

Chaeyeon wrapped Seulgi in a tight hug, remaining silent until she felt that her friend's breathing was no longer as intense and her heart was no longer beating so fast. When she broke the hug, Seulgi quickly changed the subject:

- And then, will you tell me what happened between you and Eunbi?? Something definitely happened, since you left me waiting in that call for a long time...

- B-but your subject is much more serious than mine .. this is no time for that - Chaeyeon replied, totally embarrassed. - It doesn't matter now..

- Nothing involving my friend is unimportant, okay? Now spill it! Something happened beyond "just a farewell", right ?? I can tell by your all red face..

- I can't hide anything from you, can I? Okay, I'll tell you. We spent the whole afternoon together, we ate and got to know each other better, it was wonderful. When she left, right when you called me, she thanked me for the company in such a sweet way that I couldn't resist! I don't know what happened to me, but I ran after her before she left the house and kissed her.

- This is love, Chaeyeon! You're falling for her!!

Seulgi expected this happening one day, so she wasn't so surprised; but I certainly didn't think it was the way it happened, because she knew her friend's personality. Chaeyeon wasn’t the type one to approach people, just as Chaewon testified during her school days.

- Look, Chaeyeon, this is an evolution - Seulgi continued - I thought Eunbi would take some action first...

- What?? - Chaeyeon opened her eyes wide, not understanding.

- What do you mean with this “what”? Are you going to tell me that you didn't realize that she likes you? The way she looks at you, that she defends you during classes, as much as she insisted on going to your house... do you think this is normal?

- She's just my fan... and fans are like that with the people they admire, aren't they??

- Chaeyeon... have you never had fans before ?? Okay, some of them are really devoted... I still remember a Japanese fan who asked me out, when we did a show in Tokyo... but what Eunbi feels for you is different. Maybe she doesn't even realize it yet, but she doesn't just see you as an idol. And this kiss will definitely help you to realize that.

- I don't know, unnie... what if I rushed? She ran off after I kissed her... what if things get weird between us? - Chaeyeon started to get worried.

- I'll use the same phrase you said to me - replied Seulgi, laughing. - Get this story clean with her. Talk to her about it. Your situation is much easier to solve than mine!

- But I don't even know what I'm feeling... what am I going to talk to her about ??

- You don’t need to know. You just need to talk and understand each other. Promise me you will do this?

- Why do I have to promise, unnie?? - Chaeyeon was outraged. - Don't you think I'm capable??

- I know you very well. I know that if you have an extra minute to think, you will avoid this conversation and the atmosphere between you will be very strange. It was always like this when you had to resolve a situation...

Chaeyeon knew that Seulgi was right. So she sighed deeply and promised that she would speak to Eunbi as soon as she could - which, in this case, would be before the next class. But she imposed a condition: Seulgi would have to do the same with Joohyun. After both agreeing to it, they decided to sleep; despite not having to wake up early, they were already very tired. That Saturday had been very busy, and their energy had run out. They would take advantage of Sunday to enjoy each other's company and rest a lot.

 

In the other day, Chaeyeon woke up early with the doorbell ringing. She got up, still sleepy, thinking "who could be calling me, early on a Sunday?" As soon as she opened the door, she saw no one, but there was a letter addressed to her, but without the sender's name.

Curious, she decided to open it. When she started to read, he went into shock and screamed. At the same time, Seulgi woke up and went to her:

- Chaeyeon?? What happened? What's that in your hand??

Chaeyeon couldn't speak. Seeing her friend's condition, she decided to read what was written in that paper:

 

“He’s coming after you. Please be very careful! I don't wanna see you having the same fate your sister had. Stay alert."

 

- Who is "he", Chae??

Chaeyeon, still shaking a lot, replied:

- M-my father...