A Little Break

Dance With Me

- Students, pay attention here, please! - Chaeyeon's sudden entry into the hall gave everyone a slight scare. - I want you to meet Ms Kang. She will be a teacher here too. She has a degree in dance and will also help me evaluate you today. I hope you have memorized the movements. Let's take a break for lunch, and on the way back you can start recording your videos dancing. You can go now!

The students started to get up and left the academy, except Eunbi. She remained standing in the center of the room, staring at Chaeyeon. When everyone left, she walked towards her teacher.

- Now we can continue our conversation - she said, still a little nervous, but this time without shaking. - What do you want to ask me? Are you curious about something?

- H-how do you know that? - Chaeyeon was incredulous at the student's sharp perception.

- Earlier, while I’m talking to Joohyun unnie, you didn't take your eyes off me, so I assumed you were wanting to know something, but you couldn't ask, maybe due to lack of courage on your part - Eunbi let it out, without stuttering, surprising even herself.

- She has the same genius and sense of perception as Irene unnie! Without a doubt, she is her sister - exclaimed Seulgi, admired.

- Wait… are you Kang Seulgi?? The great Kang Seulgi??? You know me?? - again, Eunbi was surprised.

- Yes, it's me ... Chaeyeon told me about you yesterday, so I know who you are.

- Sorry I didn't recognize you at first, your face was the best known in Korea... My unnie kept talking about you. You are her favorite person, did you know? Sometimes it even seemed like I was jealous to see you with Jimin .. I always wondered why she never took you home.

- Don't worry, I got used to it. I spent a lot of time away from the spotlight. And honestly, I prefer it like this… W-wait, did you say I'm her favorite person?? I never knew that... - Seulgi was visibly flushed. - Irene unnie just told me that her mother didn't allow it, but she never explained why. It must be the same reason that made her hide your existence from people...

- Surely, the reason was me - Eunbi said, putting the dots together. - my mother never wanted to see my unnie being an idol, and she didn't want me to enter this world either... certainly she didn't want you to "influence" me, also that I never saw her performing live..

- That already answers the question I wanted to ask - Chaeyeon interrupted suddenly, resuming the previous subject. - that's why you were crying at unnie's feet earlier, isn't it? If your mother reached that level, you came to have hidden lessons and Joohyun caught you!

- Did you see me crying?? - Eunbi's face turned red at the time - That's why ..

Chaeyeon was ready to answer when Eunbi's phone rang. She said goodbye to Chaeyeon and Seulgi, started to leave the dance academy and answered promptly:

 

-Hello?

- Eunbi unnie!

- Hello? Chaewon? Are you ready to have lunch with me?

- Today I can't, unnie .. I'm not going to have class in the afternoon and Minju is going to introduce me to her parents, I'm going to have lunch with them!

- Hmmm then the dating is already official ???

- Not yet ... she will introduce me as a friend yet ... - Chaewon sighed deeply on the other end of the line.

- But why, Chaewon? You've been together for months, and you've been seeing her more than me, who I've been your best friend since elementary school… Do you love each other so much and won't introduce yourself as girlfriends?

- She didn't give me many explanations, but she told me that she wants to take it easy, and I was afraid to force the bar, I ended up agreeing...

- Ahh yes... - Eunbi was speechless when she felt the clear disappointment through her friend's voice.

- But anyway... let it go! I want to know, how did you do today??? Did the class start well? Did you manage to hold yourself close to Chaeyeon?? You didn't do anything stupid, did you?

- Well, Chaeyeon is incredible and I already knew that... but seeing her dancing meters away from me was like being in heaven, next to an angel! I just managed to stay paralyzed, sweating cold, admiring...

Suddenly, Eunbi noticed that someone was behind her, watching the whole scene.

- So I'm an angel ???

When she turned around and noticed that Chaeyeon kept a slight smile on her face, Eunbi was deeply embarrassed and not knowing how to respond for a few long seconds.

- Hello? Unnie? Are you still there????

- Ch-Chaeyeon ???? Have you been watching me all this time??

- Erm .. Yes… I ended up holding you here with my questions, and you won’t be able to go out to lunch and get back to class in time… so I thought about calling you to lunch with me and Seulgi .. she brought food and has a lot… Do you want join us?

- Unnie ?? Did something happen? Where are you????

- REALLY? Of course I do ... it will be an honor! Not even in my best dreams could I imagine something so wonderful! Three days ago I was almost depressed, doing something I hate, and today I am about to have lunch with my favorite person!

- F-favorite person? - it was Chaeyeon's turn to be embarrassed, as she looked directly into Eunbi's eyes, and when she noticed the size of the student's happiness, she smiled without realizing it.

- EUNBI UNNIE! WHERE ARE YOU? Chaewon shouted on the other end of the line.

- Chaewon! I'm sorry, I got distracted here..

- I already saw that you are very distracted .. or I mean, in love !! Anyway, I need to go, I'm at Minju's door... will you see me after your class?

- Yes, yes, I'll see you… and good luck there!

- See you, unnie!

- Wait, PASSIONATE? Where did you get that ??? Chaewon!! Don’t disconnect yet - DAMN, she hung up on my face!

- What happened, Eunbi? - Chaeyeon asked, with a curious face.

- Eh .. n-nothing, nevermind… shall we have lunch? - Eunbi took off again.

- Yes, yes, let's go in…


 

Not far from there, in a convenience store, while eating a quick snack, Wonyoung and Yujin remained silent for a long time, without even looking at each other. The two sisters were always very close, despite the difference in temperament, but that day, the younger sister was really upset about the older woman's behavior. Suddenly, Wonyoung broke the silence:

- I can't believe until now that you made that cardboard during class, unnie! I am very ashamed!

- I didn't do anything too much, I just wanted to take class in practice! What's wrong with that, Wony?

- You were disrespectful to Chaeyeon unnie, made her nervous! Do you want more? In fact, it was because of you that we had to memorize that dance ...

- My fault? She wanted to pass this task at the last minute, she doesn't even come!

- Yes, it's your fault! - Wonyoung insisted - she only did it because you provoked her too much!

- I didn't do anything too much, I repeat! I just said what no one would have the courage to say, that talk about “the real meaning of dance” was very boring!

- Boring or not, I shouldn't have interrupted anything! Now we have to learn a dance that is almost impossible to copy!

- Impossible to copy or are you unable to do so? - Yujin looked to the side, with a slight air of superiority.

- WHAT? Are you serious what you said, unnie? Repeat if you dare ...

- I will repeat it more slowly, for you to understand: DON'T YOU HAVE ANY CAPACITY TO DO THIS ??

- WELL, YOUR ... - Wonyoung didn't even complete the sentence and threw the roll he was holding in Yujin's face, hitting it hard.

- YOU CALLED FOR IT! You can declare yourself dead, little sister!

Yujin practically flew around Wonyoung's neck, but before She could get it right, She felt a strong hand pulling her shirt from behind.

- Who are you and why are you pulling me?? shouted Yujin.

- For you, it doesn't matter who I am! In my establishment nobody will make mess! Or you either stop this discussion or get out of here! They are disturbing the other customers!

- We already stopped, we stopped… you can rest assured, sir! - Wonyoung tried to put warm cloths in the situation and started to hold Yujin. - Let's pay the bill and finish eating outside ..

- But I don't want to leave, I paid to eat here and I'm going to stay here!

- Stop being petulant, boring and arrogant at least once in your life, Yujin! LET'S GO AWAY, OK?

Wonyoung even let her sister replicate her speech, she took out her money - as all counted - paid the bill and literally dragged out of the convenience store.

Yujin was perplexed by the younger girl's sudden act of courage. She always behaved in a sweet and gentle way, and seeing her with such anger and determination in her eyes scared her for the first time in her life.

- What happened to you, Wony? You never pulled me like that!

- I ask you, unnie! Why are you so angry and irritating? You are unbearable today! Destructing people, hitting me, cursing for nothing... your behavior is bordering on scoundrel! You are not like that! - Wonyoung crouched at the edge of the street and burst into tears. She felt a mixture of anger and indignation, but at the same time she was worried, feeling that there was something else in the whole story.

- Look, it's time to go back to class! Let's just let it go ... we need to run!

Yujin went as far as she could, despite her sister's insistence; started to pull it and ran like crazy. Soon, they disappeared from the shop owner's view.

“I'm still going to find out what happened to you, Yujin! Wait and see ...”