Family Conflict

Dance With Me

- Where have you been? Dinner is already cold - asked Ms Kwon, as soon as Eunbi opened the door.

- I had a setback today, I'm sorry.. but also, I didn't arrive that late.

- I know you were with that friend of yours! You can confess… I already told you about it, didn’t I?

- "That friend of yours" has a name, and it's Chaewon! shouted Eunbi indignantly. - Your antipathy for her has no reason!

- She keeps filling her head with nonsense things! Now it even makes you lose your way back home… I don't want to see you with her anymore!

- YOU CAN'T PROHIBIT ME FROM DOING THIS! I AM AN ADULT, I DON'T NEED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF MY LIFE IN THAT WAY!

- As long as you live in MY house, you have to obey me and that's it!

- Eunbi was not with her, I can assure - Joohyun interfered, seeing that the situation could get out of control. - And you two, stop this silly argument! There is not a day when you will don’t fight! I'm tired of it!

Ms Kwon, surprised by her older daughter's firmness - and tears - took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. But soon after, the doorbell rang and she went to answer it.

It was Chaewon.

 

Eunbi's mother immediately closed the door on her face.

- Mother! You can't do that!!! said Eunbi, as She opened the door again.

- That girl doesn't enter that house anymore! She is a bad influence for you! Since that day you met her, you only gets more rebellious!

- Am I "rebellious" or more aware of the prison you put me in? I’m not an underage, but I can’t do what I want, nor have friends, nor have fun... I can’t have a life!

- I’m your mother, Eunbi! I know what's best for you! Do you think it is easy to take care of your home, life and education? Since your father left us, I have gone out of my way not to miss anything!

- I lack nothing, but I lack happiness!

Those words hit Ms Kwon like a knife entering her chest.

- So you're not happy living with me? Then you can leave now!

- You don't even have to repeat it. Come on Chaewon - said Eunbi, while pulling her friend out of the house.

Joohyun tried to stop it, but her mother held it back:

- Let her go. She will return home soon, she just needs to put her head in place.

- Mom, don't you care about her or where she's going ????

- Of course I care, Joohyun. But now, I'm going to let it think by herself. I won’t go after her, and neither will you!

Joohyun went to her room in silence and left Ms Kwon alone in the room, still not believing everything that happened.

 

 

 

The two friends decided to walk along the Han River, it was something they usually did . Seeing that Eunbi was visibly down, Chaewon tried to break the ice:

- Unnie, do you want to see how my performance went today? Minju filmed everything… - she said, pulling her cell phone out of her pocket. - The school gym was full, but this time I was not nervous! I hope I get a good grade.

- I want! I'm glad you're overcoming this stage fright - said Eunbi. - By the way, do you forgive me for not coming to see you?

- No need to apologize to me unnie... I realized why you couldn't go... your mother still hates me, right? I imagine she prohibited you to go.

- Chaewon-ah, I didn't want you to see that scene... my mom went so far this time, you didn't deserve to hear any of that words! You are the best person I could have by my side, you are the one who believes in my dreams even when I try to give up… but it was not because of her that I didn’t see you.

- So what happened? You always go straight from college, unnie...

Eunbi smiled slightly.

- You know that place that was under renovation, on the college side?? So... there will be a dance academy!

- Did you stop coming to see me because of a renovation hall, unnie? I do not believe!

- Let me finish, Chaewon! - Eunbi raised her voice a little. - This place belongs to Chaeyeon!

- WAIT… are you talking about the great Lee Chaeyeon, the great choreographer, best dancer in Korea???

- Yes!! And I saw her up close!!! It seemed thats he was directing the reform, I don't know…. she gave me an autograph and everything... and this pamphlet... tomorrow there will be a selective for the beginning of classes! I was anesthetized for a few good minutes, and I ended up wasting time for your presentation.

- Eunbi unnie... I will only forgive you with one condition.

- What????

- You will enroll in this academy!

- I really thought about it, but I can't! My college grades will going to hit time with her dance lessons… My mom kills me if I don't become a lawyer.

Chaewon stopped walking, frowned and looked her friend in the eye:

- But didn't you just tell your mother that you lack happiness? Who can not stand to live like this anymore? Seeing Chaeyeon today may have been a sign that, after all; you must follow your heart instead of simply following orders!

- Even so, it's complicated - said Eunbi, already in a sad tone. - There is no way I can take dance lessons without dropping out of college, and if that happens, I could be kicked out of the house! I have no job and nowhere to stay...

- Who said your mom needs to know?? Pretend you're going to school, but take that dance lessons. Isn't it the same way? In the meantime, let's look for a job for you. If one day she finds out, you will have a way to keep up .. And besides, you will see Lee Chaeyeon every day! Who can have this privilege?? Stop hesitating, unnie..

Eunbi was filled with confidence and undone that sad expression.

- That's exactly what I'm going to do! Chaewon, you are absolutely right. No more postponing my dreams. I'm going to be a dancer, whatever it takes!

- Yes, my friend! Do it! Good luck!

The two exchanged a long hug, when they realized it was late and they had to wake up early.

- See you tomorrow, unnie! Fighting! AAh, I’ll send you the video of my presentation later, okay? But next time, if you don't go, I won't forgive you.

- I promise I will, Chaewon! Thank you for everything, I love you!

 

Eunbi returned home with renewed energy, not realizing that Joohyun was watching all the scene...