A New Beginning

Dance With Me

Eunbi was still intoxicated by the unexpected meeting with Chaeyeon, when her phone rang. As soon as she answered, she immediately heard some screams:

- EUNBI! Are you going back home? It's late, our mom is worried!

- I-I'm going, unnie ...

Noticing her sister's shaky voice, Joohyun immediately asked:

- What happened, Eunbi? Why are you so late? Did you miss your way home? Don't tell me you went out with Chaewon again... our mom already said she doesn't want you hanging out with her,..

- I-It's nothing, unnie... I'm already on my way... and I also don't understand what her implication with Chaewon is, she is my best friend!

- You know the reason-  replied her sister. 

She began to remember what her mother always said to her younger sister: "This girl keeps feeding her wild dreams, she is not a good company, she takes her focus off college" were words that Joohyun always heard. Deep down, she knew her sister was determined to follow in her footsteps, but at the same time, she was right for her mother. She always remembered the bad times she went through as an idol and she was worried about Eunbi.

- Chaewon is not with me, she was at a presentation from her school - as soon as she said those words, she started scratching her head. "Aish, I forgot about her presentation... I promised to her that I would watch it... she will kill me! I should have gone there straight from school... will she forgive me if I say it was because I met Chaeyeon?" - but don't worry unnie, i'll be home soon!

- Don't get home late! - Joohyun said, hanging up the phone.

Eunbi immediately called Chaewon. As she was not attended and was ashamed to face her friend, she went straight to her home.

 

 

It was late at night when the work team finished work in the hall. Chaeyeon, after distributing the pamphlets, had returned and oversaw all the last details.

- You all did an amazing work, thank you! - She congratulated the employees.

One by one, they started to leave and the dancer was left alone. Since she was used to it, she lay down on the floor, closed her eyes and went back to her own thoughts. A movie was playing in her mind, from the day she decided to leave the city where she was born to try her luck for herself. "You've been through a lot, Chaeyeon..." she spoke as if she were talking to herself. "Now things are going to start to settle."

- What things, Chae?

That voice was not strange to her. When she opened her eyes, at first she was surprised:

- Yoongi oppa! It's good to see you! I miss you so much... - she said, while getting up and giving him a tight hug. - Why are you here?

- I lived with Hoseok for many years, don’t you know?.. He told me about your desire to open this dance academy, and I wanted to see it with my own eyes. Your dream was him dream too, right? - Chaeyeon nodded positively. She knew that Yoongi, among the members of BTS, was the closest to her teacher. Hoseok and him were so close to the point that fans thought that something beyond friendship happened between the two.

- I know, oppa.. thanks for worrying about me...

- It's a way to keep a good memory. Look after the person he loved the most in his life give me strenght too! You were really like a daughter to him! That's what filled his life after we retired from the stage... Sometimes, he choosed not go out with us, just to take care of you. "Chaeyeon is my priority", he always repeated.

- I miss him so much… I was just a child, lost in the countryside, when he found me on the street, took me to her own home and treat me. He gave me hope again… - the memories invaded the being of the dancer again, and she collapsed in tears.

Yoongi hugged her tightly, while also crying.

He didn't know the details, but he did know the story of how Chaeyeon became his best friend's “daughter”. He imagined it was a sad story; but since neither Chaeyeon nor Hoseok told anything else, he respected it.

- I have to go now, the boys are waiting for me at Jimin's house… one more meeting of longing. Do you want to come with me? They miss you too...

- I can't, oppa - replied Chaeyeon.- The tryouts for the new students will start early tomorrow, so I have to be here.

- Okay, see you soon?

- Of course, come visit me here whenever you want!

The two hugged again, said goodbye to each other and Chaeyeon went home, already looking forward to the new day.