One Cannot Make an Omelette Without Breaking Eggs

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EstablishedRelationship!SaTzu AU

 

A/N:

Y'all, I actually posted on time for SaTzu day!!

...but at what cost?

I realised that the last time I updated was a month ago lmao. Oops.

 

Happy SaTzu Day!

 

***

 

Tucked comfortably in her bed, Chou Tzuyu laid half-awake with sleep ready to overtake her eyelids. Her consciousness languidly drifting away from the grasp of her mind as the buzzing excitement had yet to settle down. A relentless smile grew and she did not care enough to hide it.

She was thankful for many things in life. One thing that sat among others at the top-tier was having the privilege to call Minatozaki Sana her ‘girlfriend’ and it never failed to make her feel lightheaded.

Tomorrow marked Sana’s birthday.

Being the perfectionist she was, Tzuyu had constructed a flawless plan that was sure to sweep Sana off her feet. Although her girlfriend was the type of person to be easily impressed and amused by literally anything, Tzuyu always strived to give her only the best of the best.

Gift? Check. Tickets? Check. Reservation? Check.

The flaming passion to keep her girlfriend’s happiness outshined the little seed of insecurity within her. She was sure that nothing could possibly derail the flow of her scheme.

Just the two of them. She could not think of a better way to spend her time with.

 

———

 

Strike one.

No. No way.

Tzuyu overslept.

This is unbelievable! Out of all days?!

Waking up to endless notifications from her phone, she thought it was another occurrence of Sana being excited, expressing her undying love.

Yet, that was not the case.

“I’m really sorry, I’ll be there in half an hour!”

“Seriously? I’ve been waiting for more than an hour now!” Tzuyu did not have to imagine the disappointment in Sana’s face as her voice was ample.

When Sana hung up, Tzuyu was already in disarray. Despite her planning and preparation beforehand, she had double-checked everything in order. So why did it already start off badly? Aphrodite was probably toppling over laughter looking at Tzuyu’s state. The Taiwanese was too fixated on arriving as soon as possible to point out the odd looks given by bystanders.

“You’re late,” Sana scolded, her foot impatiently tapping on the ground. It was not like for the other woman to be late, she was known for being punctual. “Do you have any idea how long I’ve been waiting, Tzuyu?”

“I really”—Tzuyu huffed, trying to catch her breath from running—“am sorry.”

Sana wanted to continue voicing out her anger. She had the right to, but looking at how depleted Tzuyu was, she cursed herself for being so soft-hearted towards her girlfriend. She felt her own shoulders slump as she fished out a handkerchief from her mini backpack.

“Come here.”

Curious at the change of tone, Tzuyu raised her head and complied. “I am sorry—”

“Yes, I know you are,” Sana cut her off. Using the handkerchief, she lightly dabbed away the sweat that occupied Tzuyu’s forehead. “It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not—” Tzuyu nearly squeaked when the material reached her neck and reflexively shrugged.

Sana smiled once she was done. “Let’s go, the movie’s already starting.” She reached out to grab Tzuyu’s hand in hers, intertwining their fingers right away.

Tzuyu gently squeezed her hand, still disappointed in herself. “Were you waiting outside for me this whole time?”

“No, I was astral projecting myself to a universe where you were actually on time,” Sana flatly replied.

“Sana—”

“I’m joking. Don’t worry about it. Let’s just hurry.” Sana giggled as she tugged on Tzuyu.

Tzuyu exhaled and mentally prepped herself.

This time, no more mistakes from here on!

 

———

 

“You idiot, you’re late! I’ve been waiting all this time. I thought you wouldn’t come.” The actress’ loud weeps bounced off the walls of the theatre. She held onto her love-interest tenaciously as if her life depended on it.

“I’m sorry.” Her partner withdrew, wiping her tears away.

Tzuyu drew in a long breath and shut her eyes tight in discomfort. The timing of their lines sure is impeccable. Her mind struggled to console her heart. It was just one unfortunate slip. She would reclaim the title of being Sana’s perfect girlfriend soon.

Glancing to her side where Sana sat, she lost sight of her senses as she bit the inside of her cheek. Pure adoration dawned her face at the mess of her girlfriend attempting to subtly hide her already slightly puffy face from crying. It was moments like this when Sana innocently demonstrates her pure-hearted nature that never ceases to make Tzuyu’s heart do somersaults.

Her hand moved on its own accord, lightly brushing their fingers together in support.

Sana responded by linking their pinkies together with a mild firm.

Tzuyu’s heart leapt up in joy, effectively replacing her sulky mood with a familiar blooming warmth.

 

———

 

“Ah, that was such a good movie.” Sana gushed.

Tzuyu stiffened and stopped sipping her drink, aimlessly looking at anything besides Sana. “Uh, yeah.”

“The part where the protagonist had to choose was pretty suspenseful! I didn’t expect that plot twist at the end when—"

To be honest, Tzuyu did n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter