To Infinity

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Student!SaTzu AU

*Sana’s a year older than Tzuyu

*So are Nayeon and Momo

*Squint for MiMo

 

A/N:

So, while I had slow progress in stimulating my brain to recollect bits and pieces of the ideas that I, regrettably, forgot… I strayed away and ended up with this AU lmao.

Based on this short manga.

 

***

 

Certain people in life are bestowed with a natural endowment. There are those who inherit an aptitude for a variation of talents since birth while others endure impediment adversities just to coexist with others.

Chou Tzuyu had a special kind of case.

From a very young age, she was an inquisitive child who constantly ventured into expanding her mind. While other adolescents were on their way to produce the ability to display intellectual giftedness, develop a sixth sense or had a knack for hoarding their favoured collectables, Tzuyu could not put her finger on why she acquired a different gift from the rest.

Hers were… peculiar, so to speak. Though, rather than fearing or questioning it, she learned to adapt to it well. When she had achieved puberty, she discovered something strange. Nothing like in any of the books she read, the films she watched, or even the superstitions she grew up with.

A heart meter. A scale of measurement for, well, love. Platonically or romantically. It appeared in numbers above an individual’s head.

She had the ability to ascertain the level of affection of the people around her towards her. Although the only downside was that it was ineffective for her blood relatives, she never minded despite her own curiosity whether her older brother enjoyed her company or not.

After years, Tzuyu learned to scheme a graph after much monitoring and reflection.

❤️ 0 – 20: Not interested.

❤️ 21 – 40: Acquaintance.

❤️ 41 – 60: Friend.

❤️ 61 – 80: Best Friend / Respect / Admiration.

❤️ 81 – 100: Like in a Romantic Way.

She thought she had it all figured out… until she saw her.

 

———

 

A breath of wind roamed past the students arriving through the gates, emboldening the trees to litter their shedding leaves across the cobblestone walkway, scattering themselves in stray patterns. Some students composed themselves with the warmth of their outer garments while others would rally into groups, met with welcoming recognition.

Clack, clack, clack…

“Tzuyu-ah!” a melodious, angelic-like voice, called out.

Tzuyu could distinguish that tone anywhere. She raised her head and lowered her scarf that was shielding the lower part of her face from the breeze. With a huff, she diverted her eyes from the ground and peered over her shoulder to find the source of the voice.

Like any other day, she was supposed to be greeted by a specific squirrel-looking girl. She was supposed to be enveloped by her in a bone-crushing embrace which she would sometimes successfully deflect. She was supposed to brush her off and the other girl would whine for being rejected yet again. She was supposed to live through another push-pull antic.

This time, it was different.

Another gust of wind circulated, causing Tzuyu’s dark hair to sway aimlessly, resulting in a slight tousle. She lifted a hand up to manoeuvre it back into its original state and took in the arrival of her friend.

Enchanting dark brown hair flowed smoothly down in all its luxurious glory, sitting at a shoulder-length with an occasional bounce, capturing Tzuyu’s eyes in a spellbinding curse. The right side of her hair sported a white snap clip that settled behind her ear, granting more exposure of the god-sculptured profile. Tzuyu didn’t miss the fragrance it carried that invaded her senses.

Wait, something was definitely different.

Reluctantly, the Taiwanese tore her eyes away from the beauty and darted to the heart meter above her head.

She froze and clasped her backpack strap a little tighter.

 

Minatozaki Sana

❤ ️ ∞

 

ChouTzuyu.exe had stopped working.

I don’t get it. This has never happened before. What is that? What did that symbol mean? Was it some sort of mark? It looks a bit familiar. What does it mean?

Rounds of questions started to overrun her mind to the point that she wasn’t aware that the brunette had already capered her way towards her and stopped in front of her, looking as lively as ever with that bright smile worn by her alluring lips.

“Maybe if I just…” Tzuyu mumbled and tilted her head to the side, studying the heart meter carefully. Unaware that Sana mimicked her action as well but with her eyebrows slightly knitted together in a cute confusion.

Ding!

Ah, I see. It’s an 8 but it must’ve slipped on a bug and fell. Tzuyu nodded to herself but the dissatisfaction still situated within her. But 8 is so low though…

“Hi, Sana-unnie.” She gave her a tight-lipped smile and a small wave of a hand. “How’re you?”

Without wasting a second, Sana lunged forward to link their arms together. “A bit tired, I couldn’t sleep much last night.” The older girl admitted with rosy cheeks and hid her face against the younger’s shoulder. Tzuyu felt a surge of warmth spread through her body. She would never admit it out loud, but she did enjoy Sana’s affection. Who wouldn’t if it was your own crush initiating skinship with you?

“Oh? A naughty dream?” Tzuyu jested. “You might want to keep the details to yourself.”

This earned her a slap on the shoulder and a pout from Sana. “No!”

Tzuyu held her hands up in defeat. She pressed her pointer finger and index together and brought them to her lips and slid them across, referring to the motion of zipping them into silence.

As they continued their route to their respective classes, Tzuyu couldn’t help but glance at Sana’s heart meter once in a while. Something just did not add up.

It was 70 yesterday when we hung out at the coffee shop. Maybe I did something to her?

Her face contorted into a frown. She was starting to feel frustration build up inside her. Nothing was making sense and there had been no other encounter like this before. It didn’t help that Sana seemed the same as always. She peeked towards the said woman. The Japanese was humming mindlessly in a random sweet tune, probably too preoccupied in her own world. Unconsciously, Tzuyu’s eyes began to wander off on its own and she felt her frustration gradually dissipate.

Her soft honey-coloured round eyes that gleamed with an irresistible charm, accompanied by the Minatozaki grin that never failed to reach them. Her pointed nose carved like fine polished artwork handcrafted by a mythical goddess. Her luscious lips attuned to the gloss of her cherry lip balm. Don’t get her started on Sana’s cheeks that looked like they’d be as soft as the clouds. God had his favourites and Minatozaki Sana was one of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter