Floriography

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Student!SaTzu AU

Inspired by this fanfic and the fact that Sana loves floral scent.

 

***

 

The significance assigned to specific flowers in Western culture varied, nearly every flower had multiple associations, listed in the hundreds of floral dictionaries, but a consensus of meaning for common blooms has emerged. Often, definitions derive from the appearance or behaviour of the plant itself—

“Tzuyu-ah.” A notebook covered Sana’s upper face, leaving only her lips out in the open where an evident scowl could be seen. One more sentence and she would have seriously considered jumping out of Tzuyu’s balcony. “Do you honestly expect me to catch all of that?”

A desk tucked neatly in one corner, littered with wadded up pieces of paper and pens. A few shelves were pushed against the walls and filled with books. Some books sat on the floor in front of the shelves. Sana turned over on the bed, the notebook slid down from her face onto the comfy pillow as she propped her chin in her hand.

Tzuyu’s room was nice and all but her eyes were more engrossed on the person occupying the desk wearing a small frown usually seen when she is in deep thought. The tall figure was focused on the piece of artwork in front of her. The way she was holding her pencil like how she held her elegant posture to her fingers moving into a series of beautiful with a steady wrist.

Sana pouted. “Why are you so invested in this flower thing anyway?”

“Floriography,” Tzuyu pointed out, cutting her off.

“Okay, flo-oreo-graphy and whatnot, answer me.”

A squeaky desk chair turned around and Tzuyu wheeled her way towards Sana with her craft in hand. “No specific reason, really.” She shrugged half-heartedly and passed it to the Japanese girl.

Orchids. They are luxurious and almost ethereal in their perfection. Just like the girl in front of her. Just like Sana.

You are beautiful.

“Wow, your art never fails to amaze me, Tzuyu-ah.” Sana flashed a bright grin.

This is enough for me. Contentment warmed Tzuyu from within. Sana did not seem like the type of girl who knew much about flowers.

 

———

 

The shopping mall was the same temperature inside no matter what the season was. The light was the same, the scent, the polished floor, the tense faces on the shoppers. Only the piped music and the fashions changed. There were professional shopping guides smiling at every entrance, always ready for more business.

“What about this one?”

Tzuyu’s emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face. Not when Sana’s wearing a grosgrain-trimmed striped cotton-poplin dress, quite close-fitting enough to accentuate her slender waist. As she continued to gaze from her attire all the way up to Sana’s profile, she thought that all the beauty of the universe could not even hope to compete with the person in front of her.

Sana clapped twice at Tzuyu, making her snap out of her thoughts. “Earth to Tzuyu, quit ogling me and help me out here.”

Tzuyu quickly turned her face away, hoping Sana failed to see the blush that was starting to form on her cheeks. “I wasn’t ogling you.”

“Yeah, sure.” Sana stuck her tongue out towards her, giggling as she continued her search in finding the perfect dress for herself.

While Tzuyu was trying to compose herself, a particular dress caught her eye. A faint smile tinted on her face.

“How about this? I think it’ll look good on you.” Tzuyu held out the dress for Sana to see.

Sana twirled around and stopped when she saw the lovely sundress with accents of yellow at the bottom. She skipped her way towards her to take a closer look and noticed the yellow flowers printed below.

Yellow tulips.

She looked up at Tzuyu, giving her a perfect display of her smile and Tzuyu’s knees almost buckled at that.

There is sunshine in your smile.

“Thank you.” Sana linked her arm with Tzuyu’s and wiggled her eyebrows. “Want to help me zip it on?”

“No!”

 

———

 

A sliver of moonlight spilt into the room. Tzuyu laid on her bed, staring straight at the ceiling but her mind elsewhere. She did not have to look outside to know that it was a cloudless night and the sky would be freckled with stars. She sighed and rolled to her side; her phone screen lit up indicating an incoming message. From Sana.

It was a selfie she took of herself earlier after they went to their separate homes. She had a pink camellia in her hand with pursed lips, eyes on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter