The Devil's Hour

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Belated SaTzu Day

 

***

 

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep…

A repetitive task like counting sheep can be soothing after a long, hectic day as these types of activities can help focus the mind and block out stressful thoughts. That alone might be the ticket to dreamland.

Tzuyu called bull, excuse her improper language.

Even so, she acknowledged the fact that it was partially her fault for googling about dog facts at 10 PM because her heart ached to visit her baby, Gucci. She might have cried over fact number four, ‘Your Dog Does Have a Sense of Time—and Misses You When You’re Gone’ which sent another pang in her heart knowing that the canine companion must be in the same position she was.

Spoiler alert: He was sleeping just fine, but do not tell Tzuyu that.

Usually, the maknae of the group would be the first to hit the hay. Now, she found herself in the extraordinary position of being the last person awake. Hours of relentless researching on her phone, which she debated with herself for a good minute to pay a visit to an ophthalmologist because she thought she almost went blind for forgetting to adjust the screen’s brightness the moment she pressed on the power button but then again Sana’s dazzling smile had that same effect on her, lead her from one article to another. ‘Healthy Sleeping Tips’? Futile. ‘How to Fall Asleep in 10, 60, or 120 Seconds’? Unavailing. ‘What to do When You Can't Sleep’? Inefficacious.

Eleven o'clock morphed into twelve and then one. Time trickled by as Tzuyu’s mind was blank where there should be dreams being conjured and her figure would blanket itself, submerged in the heavy blackness of the room, but instead, her eyes were dead set on the nothingness of the ceiling with her phone as the only source illuminating parts of her features. With a low groan, her eyes darted to the time on the far corner of her phone screen.

3:13 AM

Ah, it’s almost the devil’s hour. She joked mentally and drew in a long breath. She placed her phone back on the nightstand and stretched her long limbs, extracting a few ‘pops’ from her body. The sound of lethargy leaving the body was immediately replaced as pleasure washed over, almost granting her the permission to finally succumb to cocoon-shrouded slumber.

Keyword being ‘almost’.

She tossed and turned over to lay on her side. As her eyes started to adapt in the darkness, she took note of two certain midgets all cuddled up from her viewpoint. Despite sharing a bunk bed, Tzuyu would often catch Chaeyoung discreetly slipping herself to sleep next to Dahyun, much to the latter’s delight. They both looked so at peace having the comfort of each other’s warmth. It reminded her of a particular Japanese woman who happened to be right next door.

On that note, a thought occurred in her mind.

Before her own mind could process, apparently her hands already took the initiative to grab her phone to message a certain someone. Of course, after managing to successfully shield her eyes from going sightless again.

Her finger was about to hit send when she received an incoming message.

(03:33) Sana 🐿️💜: [attached.video.link] omg chewie, this dog looks like you aaah so cute~ ╰(*´︶`*)╯

Well, speak of the devil.

Deleting her earlier message, she typed in a new one.

(03:33) Chewie 💙💙💙: It’s 3 am, why aren’t you asleep?

(03:34) Sana 🐿️💜: that is v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter