A Pleasant Change

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cat!Sana / Owner!Tzuyu AU

 

A/N:

Will I ever post on time for SaTzu day? Who knows?

I would like to apologise in advance for any errors or lack of clarity / weird word choices. I spent like 3-4 days straight doing a proofreading assignment and as a result, my brain has turned into mush. It basically made me question everything I know about English, so yeah. :’)

 

Happy Belated SaTzu day!

 

***

 

“What’s wrong, Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon asked. “Is something bothering you?”

Tzuyu merely covered her face with her hand and gave a half shrug. “I don’t even know.”

“Oh, what is this?” Hypothetically, a lightbulb could have emerged from the top of Jeongyeon’s head, judging by her facial expression. Her eyes were practically glinting with anticipation. “Does Chou Tzuyu finally have someone she likes? Do you have intimate feelings for them?”

“Not even close.”

“Eh? Do you really plan on living alone forever?”

 “I actually got a cat so I wouldn’t be lonely anymore,” Tzuyu sighed. “We’ve been enjoying our time together so far.”

At least, that was how it was supposed to be.

 

———

 

Tzuyu never asked for much. A warm, loving, and adorable furry companion to spark joy in her adulthood full of despondency. With the lack of friends becoming a minority in her list of contacts, she was bound to get one sooner or later, especially since her dog, Gucci, could not accompany her in South Korea.

As she grasped the handle of her apartment door, she drew in a long breath. “I’m home—”

A flash of blonde hair scurried into a beeline, immediately engulfing the tall woman with great force, almost causing both to tumble over each other if it were not for Tzuyu’s firm hold around other’s waist.

“Tzuyu, welcome home!” The said woman was greeted with a gleaming grin.

“Sana…” She was about to request for her to tone down her vibrancy before her cheek got softly flicked by a pair of cat ears.

Right.

A two-year-old ginger tabby cat with eyes that were like rich, deep copper.

Tzuyu was used to being welcomed by the treasured feline by her ankles every day she comes home, never failing to be marked.

However, she was not used to being swamped by an abundance worth of sunshine in human form with slightly tousled blonde hair flowing down as precious as melted gold. What was once copper eyes was replaced with vivid honey-coloured eyes. The small and lightly wet button nose she loved to tap on had reformed itself into a prominent point. A natural glow draped across creamy skin than the usual orange coat.

Thank god that she was decently covered.

Her eyes travelled to the perky yet fluffy cat ears, then back down to her grin which featured a set of two fangs. Under different circumstances, she would have been intimidated by it.

She was definitely not used to it.

Reluctantly, Sana let her arms fall, however wanting to continue to bask in their proximity, she settled with tugging her white blouse. “Good work today!”

Tzuyu blinked back into reality and quickly skirted her, with reddish cheeks that had yet to fade. “I am sorry for coming home late,” she said monotonously.

Before getting the chance to change into much more comfortable clothes, she was blocked by Sana with a pout adorning her face. “Where is my ‘welcome home’ kiss?”

The taller woman raised her hand as Sana barely contained her excitement, delighted to finally get her daily dose of affection—only for Tzuyu to pinch her nose and walk away. “Keep dreaming.”

“Why?” Sana whined, “When I was a cat, you would always do it!”

To the best of Tzuyu’s recollection, she admitted that she did. There was no denying that she could not help herself to pick Sana’s elegant body up and pepper kisses on her face, but that was when she was a domestic cat and not in human form.

Making her way to her room, she passed a glance to the garbage bin.

Yesterday, Tzuyu went out to do her weekly grocery shopping. Like any other day, it was mundane. She silently pitied the hidden desperation of the sales staff and pawed over different fabrics and textures.

That was when something caught her eye in the pet aisle. Curiosity got the best of her as she took one off the shelf.

‘Magical Cat Food! Amazing! Talk With Your Cat!’

Naturally, she was interested. So, once she arrived back home, the first thing she did was to test the treat out on Sana.

Oh, how Tzuyu terribly regretted it.

 

———

 

Despite her appearance, it was clear that the animal in Sana was still present.

She had nestled comfortably on Tzuyu’s lap, staring directly at her as her tail remained upright. “Attention.”

“I can’t see the TV. Get off.”

This only made Sana furrow her eyebrows and daringly leaned closer. “No! You entrusted me with this special spot. You always caress me on your lap when you watch TV.”

“Did you realise what you just said was—” A kiss of pink graced Tzuyu’s face, but she quickly tried to think of an alternative way to avoid being under Sana’s scrutiny. “If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter