A White Lie

SaTzu Dumps to Help Me Through the Drought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Student!SaTzu AU

 

A/N:

Yeah, I’m still alive somehow lol.

I’m so happy that I get to come back to a couple of new SaTzu fanfics both on Ao3 and AFF but my god, it’s always not enough I swear. TT

 

Happy SaTzu Day!

 

***

 

Chou Tzuyu was one of those people who enjoyed spending time alone. Being stigmatised for it never particularly bothered her. There were already too many poignant storylines when it came to the values of solitude, which at this point, bored her for its lack of creativity in persuading her to become an extrovert.

So when she was being tugged by a complete stranger, it occurred to her that such a situation was impossible to exist within her timeline. The layout of her recluse manner extinguished people from contacting her and that was how Tzuyu preferred to live her days.

“Um, do you remember me?”

Another tug sent Tzuyu back into reality as she turned her head to fully register the stranger’s presence. Due to her disinterest in socialising, her motivation to memorise people’s facial appearance was absent, and for that matter, she could confidently say that she did not recall who this person was.

“Who?”

The girl huffed as she retracted her hand and strangely looked disheartened. “I’m sorry.”

However, there had been various cases where specific faces were worth acknowledging such as her classmate, Son Chaeyoung, and her ethereal senior, Myoui Mina. Certain charms left Tzuyu’s brain in haywire, and after taking one good check at the stranger, it confounded her on how she could forget a pretty face. It nearly swiped an ounce of concern from the taller girl before brushing it off as something meaningless.

Best not dwell on it. “Well then, goodbye.”

Before she had the chance to flee, the girl spoke again. “’Savely’. Do you know that name?”

The name certainly caught Tzuyu’s attention. She gave it to a stray cat she had been visiting after school.

“You called me ‘Savely’.” The girl quietly elaborated all while avoiding eye contact, but Tzuyu heard her loud and clear.

Tzuyu always opted for a straightforward route. It was simple. No complications to cause any misunderstandings and saved her mind from overthinking. This girl definitely was not making things simple.

Plus, the Savely she knew was a fat ginger tabby cat.

“I’m that cat from that time—"

“Is that so? Bye.” Tzuyu her heels and started to walk away.

Without delay, she felt her backpack get yanked by Savely, making Tzuyu’s eye twitch in annoyance. “Please go find someone else to mess with. I don’t have time for this.”

“But I’m telling you, I’m a cat! You like cats, right?” Savely yammered.

Her question only caused Tzuyu to grumble. “I like actual cats!”

Tears were starting to build up in the other’s eyes. “I think I’m actually going to cry.”

“Then, cry.” Tzuyu deadpanned.

 

———

 

On the way back from school, Tzuyu would often stop by at the playground. Next to the slide, there was always this stray cat that showed up.

“Cat?”

It stared at Tzuyu as she continued to suggest numerous nicknames that would appeal to its liking.

“Shasha?”

Another stare.

“Honey?”

Another stare.

Tzuyu sighed. None of them are getting a reaction from her. “Savely?”

“Meow.”

Instantly, Tzuyu’s face lit up as she petted it. “Oh? Savely?”

The cat purred in response as it nuzzled against Tzuyu’s hand.

 

But lately, Tzuyu had not been able to find a single trace from the cat anymore.

Thus, here she was with a somehow human version of Savely standing right in front of her. It seemed like an odd coincidence. One that Tzuyu was positive it would lead her to develop future migraines.

“You gave me that name, please believe me?”

“What are you saying? No. Now go back home.” Tzuyu ce more and grabbed her backpack strap a little tighter just in case as she expected to get interrupted again.

“I’ll be waiting at the playground tomorrow,” Savely sulked.

Tzuyu did not spare a glance and said, “You don’t have to do that, bye.”

Evening came and Tzuyu was ready for the calm stillness. She welcomed the sight of her lit apartment. The light of day outside drained away much like her energy as she plopped onto the comfort of her bed. The gears in her head still working overtime, trying to process her recent encounter.

Despite her beguiling visuals, Savely was such a strange person.

Then, it hit her.

Maybe, she’s strange because she’s a cat? She even knew about Savely and I haven’t told anyone about it though.

Tzuyu instantly propped herself up in revelation. “So she really was a cat?!”

Though a second later, she rolled over and landed on her back.

Of course not.

 

———

 

Curiosity got the best of Tzuyu as she found herself searching for the girl at the playground the next day, only to be met by no one. Did she feel disappointed? She could not pinpoint what she was feeling. Could she be potentially kidnapped? Most likely.

A finger poked against Tzuyu’s shoulder and she was greeted by Savely’s cheery smile.

“I’m happy you came to meet me.” Tzuyu could have sworn she saw sparkles surr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter