Entrapment

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

There's a long pause.

"As much as City Hall seems like the natural choice, it seems too cliche," Eunji ponders. "We should chance the Convention Center. The police will elevate the security at City Hall, anyway, if that's going to be the case."

"So you're banking on the police going to City Hall so that we go to where they actually are?" Namjoo asks.

"Sounds like she is," Chorong says. "As much as I would not, I say we take that gamble. Plus, it keeps the police off our tail for now."

"For now?" Eunji says.

"Eunji, you know that it will be inevitable that the police will become aware of our presence. Even so, it's entirely possible they'll know who we are. You'll have to prepare to confront your father. Not saying it will happen right away, but do keep that in mind."

"I understand..." Eunji sighs.

"Anyway, let's go. We scout the area and keep our eyes peeled."

-

"See anything?"

"Not yet."

The Rangers scout the Convention Center premises, finding no sign of Khan. Eunji's gamble thus far seems fruitless.

"Wait... I see something! Front of the building!"

"Alright, Hayoung. We're on our way."

The rest of them scramble to where Hayoung is stationed. They see a suspicious masked person place coins all over the lawn before dropping off a small object into the trees.

"That's them," Chorong whispers. "They're launching an attack."

"What about the hostages?" Bomi asks.

"Good point, unnie. Where could they be?" Hayoung asks.

"Look! A car!" Namjoo whispers.

"That must be them," Eunji says.

As predicted, masked people take the hostages out and toss them to the curb before drawing their swords on them.

"Which ones are they?"

"No clue."

Then, from the shotgun seat, a person in a much more lavish suit appears, albeit still masked.

"Really needed an audience, eh? That's the don, ain't it?" Eunji asks.

Chorong shakes her head, sighing heavily. "Don't even need to answer that one."

Then, a screech.

-

"Sir, City Hall is secure. We have no reason to believe they're coming here, CEO Jung."

"Understood, Lieutenant Son. If there are any leads, do notify me."

"Rog-"

"CITIZENS OF BUSAN, I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR CHOICE. WE HAVE NO AUDIENCE. HAVE YOU NOT LISTENED TO OUR DEMANDS. THE HOSTAGES ARE HERE. IF NO ONE ANSWERS US IN THE NEXT FIFTEEN MINUTES, WE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. GOOD DAY."

"How on earth did they hack into our system?!"

-

"People just aren't that clever back in the 21st century, eh?" Bomi sighs.

"It's not like you figured out his riddle..." Eunji mutters.

"Hey!"

"Alright, you two, keep your focus," Chorong says calmly.

"Wait... what's that in his hand?" Hayoung says.

"A remote..." Namjoo says.

They see the don hit the switch. Then, immediately, they see around them small-scale explosions going off.

"YOU SEE, CITIZENS OF BUSAN, THIS IS JUST A SHOW OF WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF. NOTHING TO INJURE OR MAIM THIS TIME BECAUSE WE ONLY WISH TO SHOW YOU OUR RESOLVE. TIME IS SLIPPING AWAY FOR YOU."

The Rangers' mouths are on the floor. "Y-ya think th-there were more of those around the city?" Namjoo stutters.

"It's entirely possible," Hayoung says.

"Judging by how many went off and how it echoed, I'd say yes," Eunji says.

-

"Lieutenant! There were small-scale explosions around the city! No injures reported! Is City Hall secure?"

"City Hall is secure, Sergeant. Stay frosty."

"Explosions around the city... yet none were in the vicinity... something tells me they planned to keep you here, Lieutenant Son, along with the other high-ranking officers."

-

"What do we do now?" Hayoung asks.

"Wait... it definitely looks like they're not going to wait!" Eunji exclaims.

"Rats! You're right! Come on, let's go!" Chorong announces.

The five Rangers sneak up onto where the hostages are being held.

"So, boss, I assume you're not going to wait?"

The don slowly turns his body, then turns it back just as slowly, giving a loud sigh. "It's a pity that no one is coming. Fear... what a pitiful emotion. At least you won't have to deal with it any longer.

"Not if we got anything to say about it!"

The five Rangers make their presence known.

"Need an audience?" Eunji announces. "You got one. READY, GUYS?!"

"READY! CHORONO CHANGER!"

"UNHAND THEM NOW, KHAN!" Chorong yells. Immediately, she fires her blaster at their feet. "Come on guys, let's get to them now!" The Rangers rush in quickly before grabbing the hostages. "It's all going to be okay. Get inside the center, we'll cover for you!" Eunji says.

As the smoke clears, the don can only sigh. At the snap of his fingers, Zenbots swarm the area, forcing the Rangers to take them on, firing frantically as they advance on them. "Keep up the cover, guys! The hostages cannot be harmed!"

"Jennie, we're leaving. The three of you handle them."

"Understood, boss."

Meanwhile, the Rangers manage to reach the entrance to the Convention Center. "Alright, get inside, call the police. We'll take care of these guys."

-

"Lieutenant Son! A call was received from the Convention Center claiming to be the hostages."

"You better get going."

"I'm on it."

"I have more information for you, lieutenant. They said that five women rescued them from Khan or whatever that group is called. They were purportedly using futuristic technology."

"Understood." I Wonder...

"Well, let's go and investigate. I'll bring a team along as well."

-

"You're not getting through here!" Eunji yells.

"Perhaps. But that doesn't mean we can dwindle your numbers. And you can thank Seunghyun-hyung in advance." Then, he takes out a device from his pocket, and suddenly, five copies of them stand before them. "Oh, and uh, I'll just send you guys somewhere else to play with these. SMELL YA LATER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"What do you- AAAAAHHHHH!!!" Soon, their bodies feel like they're being pulled somewhere. It lasts for several seconds before all of a sudden turning back to normal.

But almost TOO normal.

Eunji looks around. She's standing where she had stood before. But strangely, no one is in sight. Hayoung was to her right. Chorong to her left. Both gone. Even Namjoo, who was to her far left, and Bomi, who was to her far right, were gone. Even Khan's members are eerily absent. "What just happened?!" She taps her morpher to try to get in touch with her fellow Rangers. "Guys? GUYS?! Oh no..."

Quickly, Eunji searches the premises and finds Chorong. "Unnie? What happened? Where did everyone go?"

"I have no idea. Whatever he activated is what got us here. Wait... that's not them is it?"

Eunji turns her shoulder to find what appeared to be Namjoo and Hayoung, in their suits, examining corners while walking menacingly. "Yea. We need to hide. And figure out what's going on."

"Unnie!"

Eunji and Chorong snap their heads to where the voice came from. "Bomi!"

"I thought it was you two attacking me earlier. I ran for my life thinking I was in hell or something!"

"So those clones... they're hunting us down! We need to find the others!"

-

Meanwhile, Hayoung and Namjoo frantically run from Bomi's evil clone, dodging blaster shots.

"WHERE ON EARTH ARE WE?!" Namjoo yells.

"We must have been warped here by that thing he was holding!"

"But we were just in the front!"

"Hey! Th-that's..."

Namjoo tries to see where Hayoung is seeing, then notices the real Bomi creeping around with what appeared to be Eunji and Chorong.

"We better hurry."

-

"Alright. There's my clone," Eunji whispers. "And yours, unnie."

"Yea. Let's keep out of sight."

Then, there's sounds of blaster shots as Eunji's clone runs off in their direction.

"What on earth?" Bomi whispers. "Did they find Namjoo and Hayoung?"

"I don't know, but it doesn't sound good," Chorong mutters. "Let's go look."

Sure enough, the three turn their corner to find Eunji's clone running towards Namjoo and Hayoung, with the remaining evil clones in pursuit.

"Rats! We better go!"

Soon, the three unnies round the corner, blasters drawn, firing incessantly at Eunji's clone. It collapses from the shots as Namjoo and Hayoung reunite with the team. Then, Eunji's clone doesn't get up as it explodes in a loud bang.

" to be that one, I guess. Simply can't measure up to me..." Eunji sighs.

"Thank goodness we found you, unnie!" Namjoo sighs out of breath.

"Alright, team. Hold steady. We may have to get rid of all of these clones to get out of here," Chorong says.

"Well, it's five on four now. We can take them on!" Bomi yells.

The four remaining clones waste no time taking their blasters out to fire at the five Rangers. Eunji summons her sword and blocks all her shots in the vicinity, but simultaneously notices the others dodge them like she was watching a bullet-time short.

"Hey... how on earth did you dodge those?!"

"You used your sword?" Bomi asks.

"What did you expect me to do?!"

"Enough, you two! Looks like they're summoning the Vector Cannons. Guys, summon yours as well!"

However, the clones do so as they rush at the Rangers, eventually bringing them close range and preventing them from doing so. Now, they all have to frantically combat them all one-on-one and prevent a point-blank shot. Additionally, with Eunji as the lone one out, she's left wondering what to do, frozen in her tracks.

"Argh, get out of my way!" Chorong yells as she kicks her clone away, disarming it in the process. Seeing this, Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung promptly move their clones' barrels towards the fallen one. The clones instinctively fire in an attempt to get their targets off, but nonetheless, Chorong's clone is incinerated and the resulting explosion blinds everyone momentarily.

"Guys... what's that?" Eunji asks after a long pause.

"It... looks like a dimensional hole..." Hayoung says, frantically battling her clone.

"Unnie! Go with Eunji-unnie! It looks like it's shrinking! We can handle them! Find a way to reverse this! There's no time!" Namjoo yells.

"But-"

"JUST GO, UNNIE!" Bomi yells.

"Come on, unnie!" Eunji says, grabbing Chorong before jumping into the shrinking warp. As they cross over, they find themselves in the same spot as they were from when they were first warped.

"Are we back?" Eunji says as she struggles to get up.

"I think so..." Chorong says, wiping off the soot from her suit. "We have to figure out how to reverse the mess. Let's go back to the office so I can research our archives on dimensional rifts. That way we can get a clearer picture on how to free the rest of them."

"Alright. I trust your judgement."

-

Will Eunji and Chorong free the Rangers? When will Naeun and Eunji's father find out about the Rangers' presence? What horrors could await Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung as they await rescue? Find out next chapter?

-

A/N: Longer chapter this time, and the action is going to ramp up. Naeun also returns, albeit in the background. I wonder what you guys will think where this will go... Feedback is always appreciated!
Hope y'all have enjoyed reading!