Questions

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

Back at Eunji's apartment, Hayoung types away at her laptop.

"Find anything?" Eunji asks.

"Well, Eunji, you have to realize that Naeun's new powers are actually a prototype of ours," Chorong says.

"Yes, unnie," Hayoung says. "Foundations are virtually the same. Only difference is it relied on voice command as opposed to DNA detection. Something also as I see here... you know how the Captain said how we developed time travel technology?"

"Yea, I do."

"Well, I think I've figured out how the Quantum Fire powers disappeared... it was sent with the 'Alpha' with a test pilot to test teleportation. The problem was that the 'Alpha' and Quantum Fire Box were lost in the test flight, although the pilot warped back within seconds. From the pilot's report, it seems that we accidentally discovered time travel."

"So... time travel is a real thing?" Eunji asks with a raised eyebrow.

"That's what we've been learning as soon as we came here," Bomi sighs.

"Maybe the Alpha and Quantum Fire Powers are linked?" Namjoo asks.

"Good thinking, Namjoo-unnie!" Hayoung exclaims. "But... wouldn't they be found together?"

"Maybe Naeun could try to find a way to get it?" Bomi asks.

"Certainly a possibility," Chorong ponders. "Although I'm not sure if we want to risk some sort of time travel paradox..."

"We may not have to worry too much, unnie... it seems as if the test flight guaranteed just two warps," Hayoung says as she stares at her laptop. Her eyes then widen. "Oh! I have something! Look here! It says the Alpha's energy source that allows it to fly is independent of the warping capabilities as a safety precaution."

"Well that's good," Chorong sighs.

"What worries me is the look of this thing... it looks like it was designed in your time, unnie, much like Naeun's cruiser..."

"Yikes." Eunji sighs. "How much do we tell Naeun?"

"You can leave that to me," Chorong says calmly. "You can bring me to her."

-

Naeun stares down at her wrist. What on earth has happened? Do I hand this over to them? How much do I keep from her father? How much do I keep even from Gak-oppa?

Thoughts circle her head as she stares at the ceiling of her room. I gotta work with them more, I guess... but her? Is she really what Gak-oppa says she is? She's not like the rest of the cronies from school? Why'd this have to happen to me, of all people? I already worked hard to be away her and all those people... only to find myself circle back to meeting her again... why?

-

"Bada-unnie said she'll find a way to get her here. I'm just surprised I have-"

"Hey."

Chorong and Eunji turn around to find Naeun. For whatever reason, she wasn't wearing her usual outfit, rather the same casual one she had on when they first bumped into her that night: a red hoodie and grey sweatpants.

"Thank you for coming, Naeun," Chorong says calmly. "I wished to speak with you." Eunji stares intently as Chorong walks forward.

"I see..." Naeun sighs. "I assume... it's about this?" Naeun says as she raises her arm, brandishing her morpher.

Chorong nods. "No one but you can use it. It's locked to your voice." Naeun looks back down at her wrist as a long pause emerges. "Umm..." Chorong says as Naeun snaps her head back up. "There's quite a few things about your powers that are different from our own. Eunji told me you learned some things about your unique sidearm."

"I... guess I did. There was a screen that popped up and I... kind of just... followed it."

"I see. Well, I hope we can trust you with the tremendous responsibility you have now."

"What do you mean?"

"Much of the technology you have now... it's not exactly something to freely use or hand over. It's yours now. Not even WE can really take it from you."

"You mean... you aren't here to confiscate this?"

"...no. I only wished to clarify some things with you, as well as to make a request."

"Oh?"

"There-"

But before Chorong could continue, Eunji's phone rings. "Huh?" Chorong and Naeun direct their attention to the disturbance.

"Hello? Yes, unnie? ...what?! Ok. I got it. Yea, I'll tell them." Eunji quickly hangs up. "Bada-unnie says there might be trouble back at HQ."

"...which HQ?" Chorong stutters.

"...my father's."

"I'll take you," Naeun interjects. "I had to head back there anyway. Come on."

-

Silence ades Naeun's car. As Naeun drives forward, Chorong looks out the window while Eunji gives occasional glances at her phone. Then, someone breaks the ice.

"Mind I ask what your request is? I... still have some... questions..."

"Hmm?"

"I'd like to know," Naeun says softly as she looks at Chorong.

"There's something that we hoped you could do for us when you have the chance... to look into your suit's archive on anything regarding 'the Alpha'."

"What's that?"

"A ship that might help us."

"A ship you say?"

"Yes."

"This all sounds so weird... and sci-fi-ish."

Chorong gulps. "...also, I hope that you don't share any of this with Eunji's father... or his people."

"Share what?"

"What I've shared with you about your new powers... as well as the Alpha."

Naeun sighs. "You know, I gather... that you and your friends aren't from here. Am I right in saying that?"

"W-what makes you say that?"

Naeun sighs. "It only makes sense. Nothing you have... or even Khan has... even lines up to anything that we have here," she says ominously. "Your presence... more or less hastened CEO Jung's work with his science department."

Chorong pauses for a while. "Whatever happens... you can't tell him we're from the future. We don't know the impact it could have on our time."

"I see..." Naeun says. "...you should well know that because I work for them, I can't make any promises."

Eunji snaps her head to give a glare.

"...but I'll do my best."

Eunji looks back out the window.

"Thank you, Naeun."

-

When the three near Jung Enterprises, they find floods of people outside the building.

"Huh? Why are all these people out here?" Eunji gasps.

Naeun stops the car. "Something isn't right." She then reaches for her walkie-talkie. "This is Lieutenant Son. What's going on outside? I'm just outside Jung Enterprises."

"There's been a bomb threat, Lieutenant! We've told the employees to evacuate!" Chorong and Eunji flinch at the news.

"Anything else?"

"There's also been an assassination threat on Mr. Huh!"

Eunji squints her eyes. She slowly raises her hand as if to point at Naeun.

"Any luck on where the bomb might be?"

"Unfortunately no. We've been evacuating the employees as quickly as possible."

"CEO Jung?"

"He's been sent away to Police HQ, but we've been trying to locate Mr. Huh. He was last seen near the lab!"

Naeun lets out a long sigh. "Listen, keep combing the area and send troops down to the lab. We need to make sure the area is secure. Lieutenant out."

"Roger."

"Alright. We better get a move on. You might need to find a safe spot to, um... suit up?"

"Just one thing before we get out, Naeun... what happened to Mr. Hong? Is he gone?"

"He retired a few months ago. Gak-oppa has taken over his work."

"Hmm... why would those Khan goonies want Gak-oppa's head?"

"Maybe over the prototype? That's my best guess."

Just then, a small explosion goes off near the building as employees sprint away.

"...I think we better get a move on, Eunji. Naeun, we'll need your help."

-

What could be the reasons behind the threats on Jung Enterprises? Will Naeun be so willing to help Eunji and Chorong? Why would Khan want Huh Gak? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: Another chapter in this evolving saga where Naeun has some more involvement.
Hope y'all are enjoying and any feedback is appreciated!