Familiar Ties

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

"Wow! You have a nice place!" Namjoo exclaims.

"Yea, well, it's honestly pretty plain," Eunji says. "This isn't the luxury of the 21st century. Plus, I don't exactly have a lot of space. I'll try to figure out how I can fit you all."

Bomi and Hayoung scramble about Eunji's apartment while Namjoo goes to Eunji's fridge. "Hey, Eunji-unnie? Is there anything that I can eat?"

"I have an idea for what we can all eat, so why don't you go look for Bomi and Hayoung?"

Meanwhile, Chorong stands out in the living room amidst all of the hustle and bustle of her three friends. Soon, she also goes about on the move, albeit slowly, taking time to see Eunji's decorations. Some flowers here and there, but then she sees a picture of Eunji with an older lady. She picks it up to take a closer look. They seem close.

"Oh, I see you found my favorite picture!"

"Oh, sorry!" Chorong replies in a soft tone. "Was I not meant to touch it...?"

"Ah~ don't worry about it," Eunji says with a smile. "This is Bada-unnie. She's like an older sister to me because she took care of me since I was very young."

"Were your parents busy?"

"My dad was, especially since my mom passed away before I could remember anything."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Oh, don't worry. I had Bada-unnie. We're not related but I knew her because our families were close friends."

Just then, Eunji's phone rings. "Hello? Oh, hey, Bada-unnie! It's so funny that you called me because I was just telling my new friends about you! ...oh you know me. ...yea I saw. ...uh-huh. ...like I care. ...you're the best, unnie. Thanks. Bye!" Eunji slides her phone back in her pocket. "Sorry about that!"

"Don't worry about it. I can really see what you mean. Do you need help, by the way?"

"I think I'm actually all set."

"Hey, unnie... I'm really hungry..." Namjoo murmurs.

"Okay, well I know a good place for us to eat. Do you guys mind chicken feet?"

Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung's eyes widen. "Did she just... say chicken feet?" Hayoung asks.

"You guys are creeping me out again," Eunji says with an eyebrow raised. "Yea, I said chicken feet."

"Th-that's Chorong-unnie's favorite!"

"It is?!" Eunji turns to Chorong, who now notices everyone staring at her.

"Don't look at me, I didn't say anything!"

"You heard her, let's just go!"

-

"Wow... that was so good..." Bomi murmurs.

"I don't know how I ate that much..." Namjoo murmurs.

"Well neither of you two can compare to Chorong-unnie. She easily ate the most," Hayoung says.

"Yea..." Eunji says. "You sure you're fine?"

"Oh, yea! Don't worry about me," Chorong says with a blank expression.

"I just realized... our ship... do you think people will want to scourge it?"

Chorong's eyes snap. "Oh, no... I was so caught up with trying to catch Khan... we better hurry!"

-

After an hour, the five snuck their way to the top of the mountains, with Chorong using her sunglasses from earlier.

"I could have sworn it was here..." Chorong says.

"Do you think... people took it?" Bomi asks.

"I smell smoldering metal, though," Hayoung says.

"AGH!" Eunji yelps.

"Wait. Eunji, what happened?" Chorong asks.

"Something shocked me as I moved my hand around here!"

Hayoung fondles her sunglasses. "Wait! It's here! Hold on..." Then, moments later, a force field emerges and dissipates, revealing the Beta's burnt out wreckage.

"How did you know to use the sunglasses?" Chorong asks.

"Just a hunch... our equipment usually has psynergy, right?"

"It really helps to have brains here," Namjoo says. "If you weren't here, we wouldn't have figured it out for a while."

"Alright, team. Let's see what we can find for our use, then see how much we can bring back to Eunji's home," Chorong announces.

-

"Alright. You three sleep out here in the living room. Chorong-unnie can sleep in my office."

"But who sleeps where out here?" Bomi asks.

"Figure it out," Chorong says with a shrug, before closing the door. "I really appreciate you doing this for all of us."

"Ah, it was nothing. I like helping people out. That's why I helped you on the beach earlier. Now let's go see the neighborhood. I figured I'd show you first."

Eunji points out all the important locations and landmarks around her home, from the post office, to the vending machines, to the convenience stores, and of course, the restaurants, including the one where they had eaten earlier. Eunji made sure to show that one last.

"You're so cheesy," Chorong sighs.

"It's what I do," Eunji chuckles. Then, she stirs for a moment. "So... you're sure people aren't going to find your ship?" Eunji asks.

"I'm positive. Our technology is way too advanced for anyone to figure out."

"I'm not so sure... I'm not sure if you know this, but my dad runs a very sophisticated tech company and is employed by the police."

"Yea. Your dad's still looking for you," a voice says. Eunji and Chorong jump. There's a person where it came from. But Eunji squints her eyes before they widen again.

"N-N-Naeun?!"

"Yea. Me. Who's your friend?"

"Why do you care? Also, I'm not going back!"

"Don't tell me that. Tell that to him. I'm not an owl. I'm just here to warn you."

"Well leave me alone. Heck, leave US alone."

"Suit yourself, lest I tell him your whereabouts."

"You wouldn't DARE."

"Well, considering that there was an apparent brawl with robot remnants earlier, he's hastening his search for you."

Eunji's fists clench.

"Who... is she?" Chorong asks.

"I should be asking you the same question," Naeun says with a forboding tone.

"I told you, she's none of your business!" Eunji snaps.

"Very well. I'm off-duty anyway. This didn't happen. Ciao." Naeun walks away calmly.

After a long pause with Naeun far and gone, Chorong breaks the silence. "What just happened? Who was she?"

"That was someone I didn't want to see. She's a cop. And as I said, the police work with my dad."

"So, your dad's looking for you? But why?"

"It's a long story, but I've been living on my own to fulfill my own dreams. My dad wanted me to work under him so I could succeed him, but I wanted to choose my own destiny. Bada-unnie has been helping me lay low. But seeing Naeun... the clock is ticking before he finds out where I am."

"I see... well, you look pretty winded, Eunji. Let's go home. It's also late. We can talk about this more tomorrow."

"Yea. Thanks, unnie."

-

The next morning, Eunji wakes up and checks her phone. There's a text from Bada. Can I come visit you at 10:00? I don't want to disturb the sleepyhead kekeke

kekeke that works unnie

Great! See you soon!

Eunji checks the time. It's 8:30 in the morning. Stretching her arms, she plops out of bed and goes to her office. Slowly opening the door, she finds Chorong reading some books on the shelf. "You're awake?"

"Yea."

"Did you get a good night's rest?"

"I did."

"Just so you know, Bada-unnie is coming over at 10. You get to meet her."

"Oh, that's nice. Are the others awake?"

"I'll go check." Moments later, Eunji returns shaking her head.

"I'll go wake them up."

-

At 10, Eunji heads downstairs to let Bada in.

"Unnie!"

"Eunji!" The two share a quick hug.

"So, how are you doing?"

"Alright. How about you?"

"Well, my friends are here. I told them about you already."

Bada chuckles. "Always a social butterfly."

"Also, I have some not so good news to share. I saw Naeun last night."

Bada gasps. "Was she in her uniform?"

"Thank goodness no."

"Well you've dodged a bullet. But that doesn't bode well for you. I'll have to keep my ears peeled."

As Eunji and Bada enter the apartment, they find Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung cluttered on the couch with Chorong standing next to them.

"Hey guys, this is Bada-unnie!"

"Nice to meet you all."

"Hello, Bada-unnie," Chorong says with a bow.

"Hello, Bada-unnie," the other three say in unison from the couch. Just then, a picture pops up on the television screen that catches Chorong's attention as she briskly walks towards the screen.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Eunji asks.

"I recognize him. He's affiliated with, umm..."

"Oh. I see. Well, we can tell Bada-unnie. You can trust her."

-

What purpose does Naeun serve? What perils would Eunji face if found by her father? Who is the man on the television screen? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: Naeun is here... and it doesn't seem like she's friends with Eunji. Tragic much (sorry, my fellow honeybees)? Aside from that, I figured I'd put in a calmer chapter here as a way to kind of ease everyone in.
Hope y'all have enjoyed reading!