Bad News

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

"So. This is your situation, eh?"

"Yes."

Bada ponders for several moments. "I can only do so much, but I will try to help you all."

"Really?" Eunji says, her face brightening.

"Anything for you, my little sis."

Eunji rushes in to give Bada a giant hug. "Jesus, you still give the strongest bear hugs..." Bada says as she gasps for air.

"So... who was the person on the screen?"

Chorong sighs. Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung all seem to stare away from both Eunji and Bada, eyes down. "This... isn't just anyone from Khan. He might be the sneakiest of them all. Not the worst... but... he's up there. Very twisted stuff."

"Like what?"

"You don't want to know," Namjoo replies.

"Is it... that serious?"

"Look, I can explain it to you later. Right now, we need to find him."

"But unnie, he was spotted at night. We'll have to wait," Hayoung says.

"Let's do that. Until then, we might as well walk around the city. Today's my off day, so I can give you a tour!"

-

"Remember, everyone. Let's keep a low profile. We can't attract attention, lest it bring Khan into the equation," Chorong whispers. "One more thing: any commotion could potentially bring Eunji's father into the equation..."

Nonetheless, Eunji takes them around the city. With their morphers looking like slightly oversized watches, no one could suspect a thing. In addition to going around the usual sightseeing spots, Eunji makes sure to take them to all the good spots to get good street food, which delights Bomi and Namjoo. All the while, Hayoung laughs at her two foodie unnies whenever they complain about eating too much or if they begin to eat once more.

Even so, Chorong takes time to just take all of it in. It had been such a long time since she had a break. So much of her own time had been spent on her commitment to the World Police, as well as her devotion to Hyerim.

"Alright, guys! Here we are!" Eunji announces. "The top of Busan Tower!"

"Wow!" Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung say in unison.

As the four others skip their way out to the glass, Chorong slowly walks out and finds a spot where she could look out onto the city. With the sun shining over the buildings, she begins to feel a sense of familiarity. The day she proposed. As her late fiancé pops into her head, her hands rise up as she begins to fondle at her ring.

"Hey, unnie! What do you think?"

Chorong sobers on hearing Eunji's voice. "Wha-what? O-oh... uhh..."

"Pretty neat, eh?"

"...yeah..."

"What's the matter, unnie?"

Chorong sighs. As Eunji begins to speak, there's a shout from the other side.

"Eunji-unnie! Let's take a picture together!"

"Oh, yea! Good idea, Hayoung! Come on, unnie!"

"Wh-whoa..." Chorong yelps as Eunji hurriedly grabs her arm. Soon, they all huddle up next to the glass as Eunji prepares her phone. "Alright guys, look up here," she announces as she readies the button. "1, 2, 3!"

-

"So... where to next, unnie?" Bomi asks.

"To-"

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!"

Just then, blaster shots land at their feet. All of the passerbies flee in horror at the sight.

"AGH!"

"Well, well, well. We meet again."

"Th-that voice!" Namjoo gasps.

"I- it's him!" Hayoung yelps.

"Aww... going to go home cryin' to mommy?"

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

The smoke clears, with the man from the screen right in front of their eyes with the foulest snarl.

"Lee Jonghyun..." Chorong mutters.

"Did you miss me?" he replies with a finger heart.

"Truly despicable... and disgusting for that matter. You think girls will fall for you?" Eunji snaps.

"Oh, who do we have here? Jung Hyerim? I really thought Seunghyun-hyung got rid of your pour soul. Or is it some nobody?"

"Neither." Eunji replies with a smirk.

"OOF! What a bite you have there. Guess I'll just have to teach you and your pathetic friends a lesson. ATTACK!"

The Zenbots charge forward, prompting the five to ready their defensive stance.

"CHRONO CHANGER!!!"

With everyone pre-occupied by fights, Jonghyun promptly charges at the novice, but is immediately met with a block, Eunji having anticipated it.

"I guess I'm not dealing with a nobody. Then why don't I turn it up a notch?" Jonghyun growls as he hits a button on his belt. Soon, metallic armor swarms his body.

"What the..." Eunji mutters.

"TAKE THIS!"

Eunji soon finds herself in a lock with her new adversary.

"EUNJI! HOLD ON!"

Chorong charges at Jonghyun, but he managed to catch her sword in his hand. Before he can make a swift kick at her shin, though, Bomi blasts him squarely in the chest with her blaster.

"GAH!"

"Stand down, Jonghyun!" Chorong yells.

"Not if I can help it. Smell ya later!" He then activates a button on his wrist to warp away.

"Rats! He got away!" Eunji yells, stomping on the ground.

"Power down!"

"These fights are going to attract attention. We better get moving, and before the cops get here."

-

Back at Eunji's apartment, the five all plop down somewhere to sit, completely exhausted.

"This fighting stuff is going to ruin me..." Hayoung mutters.

"Let's just browse the television to see what's on," Namjoo sighs.

As the screen turns on, the image of Busan Tower appears instantly.

"Remnants of what appears to have been robots are strewn across the park. The police have inspected the premises and believe that there are no credible threats at this time. All CCTV footage was disabled, further complicating the investigation. We now bring you to the press conference at Jung Enterprises where the CEO and Police Commissioner are about to address today's events."

"Eunji, do they mean your father?" Chorong asks in a light voice. But there's no response as the Comissioner speaks first.

"Citizens of Busan, we are still investigating today's events as well as the events at the Cinema Center yesterday and will have a preliminary report by tomorrow. As of now, we believe the two incidents are related. We have received no credible threats on the city, which further complicates our investigation. As for the remnants left on the park, they will be handed to Jung Enterprises CEO Jung Boseok and his team."

"Thank you, commissioner. I am confident that our team will determine exactly what kind of technology is present so that we can develop counter-measures in the event that something similar occurs. We also ask that any witnesses present at today's incident come forward to aid the commissioner and our team at Jung Enterprises in our joint investigation. Thank you very much."

As the reporters begin to ask questions, the five at Eunji's apartment turn away from the screen.

"This is bad, unnie..." Hayoung sighs.

"What happens if the police become involved while we are fighting Khan?" Bomi asks.

"A lot of difficult decisions lie ahead of us. Do we act as vigilantes or do we work together with the police?" Chorong sighs.

Just then, the fire alarms go off on the screen as sprinklers set off. Everyone frantically runs off. "What on earth happened?!" a voice screams from the screen as it cuts back to the news studio. Eunji hastily shuts off the television. "I can't watch it anymore. I just can't," she says, her voice shaking with her fist to her forehead.

There's a long pause before Chorong slowly walks over and places her hand on Eunji's shoulder. "Don't worry, Eunji. We'll figure something out. Let's just stay here for the rest of the day."

Just then, Eunji's phone goes off. Eunji jumps as she reaches into her pocket. "Bada-unnie? Yea, hold on. You're on speaker now."

"Hi, everyone. I need to give you a report because I just got it from my parents through Eunji's father. First, everyone is safe. The remnants that the police were able to acquire had apparently dentonated and there's no trace of anything. Apparently this happened before. Nonetheless, they're back to square one unless witnesses come forward."

"Well, it's a relief that folks are safe," Chorong sighs. "Thank you for telling us, Bada-unnie."

"No problem. Just do what you can, okay? And you five stay safe too!"

"We will. Bye, unnie."

Eunji takes a deep breath. "We'll need some time before we make our next move. I guess we'll have to stay low unless people are in danger."

-

When will Khan strike again? How dangerous is Lee Jonghyun? What will the five rangers do in the meantime? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: Another Khan member has been introduced and on the loose. We also gain some insight on what happens after the fights and what the police are trying to do. Who knows when Eunji will come face to face with the cops... and when we'll see Naeun again.
Hope y'all have enjoyed reading!