All In

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung frantically try to weave through all people in an attempt to get into the Cinema Center, just to dodge the two Khan agents sent to find them.

"In here!"

The three cadets scramble inside, running to a corner out of the way.

"Did they follow us in?" Namjoo whispers.

"I don't see them." Hayoung says.

"Great," Bomi says as she turns her head. "Now let's find ano-" she can't finish her sentence as they're greeted by someone else.

"No... not you!"

"Yea. Me. Your buddy got away from me earlier. And the boss ain't happy."

"RUN!!!"

-

"Alright! We're here!" Eunji says.

"Great. But... where could they be? This is so... big!"

"I'd like to say split up, but I think it's best to stay together. Strength in numbers, as they say."

"I agree."

The two search outside for any sign of the other three, checking every corner but with no luck.

"They might be inside. Let's go through those doors." Eunji then feels a tug at her arm. "What's the matter?"

"Get behind here!" Chorong whispers. "We don't want those two to see us!"

"Are they the people that they said they were running from?"

"Yes."

"Looks like we have to find another way-" But before Eunji can finish her sentence, they hear a familiar voice.

"UNNIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?! RUN!"

Both Eunji and Chorong turn around. It's Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung sprinting full speed.

"Hey," Chorong says. "What's going o- no..." she mutters as she freezes. However, with Bomi and the others barrelling in full steam, the group pushes themselves out of the corner from which Eunji and Chorong were hiding. Then, the two Kims spot this and turn towards them.

"Oh, good timing you two! We have you now, scrubs!" Jonghoon yells.

The four cadets all clamor together cautiously, all surrounding Eunji.

"Why don't you face these new contraptions of ours?"

Then, they see the Khan members throw what appeared to be coins onto the ground, which then suddenly turned into adult-size robots carrying jagged daggers.

"Meet the Zenbots! Courtesy to your mole!"

"Hey guys, this looks really bad..." Bomi says.

"Wait... our blasters!" Namjoo squeals.

"They might still be near the ship!" Hayoung yelps.

"Guys, what's going on?" Eunji asks.

Then, all of a sudden, the remaining leaders of Khan arrive, including the don himself. "Good job, you three," he says. He then turns to Jennie and Joonyoung. "You see? They did what you couldn't!"

"Hey, who are you trying to hide from us?" Seunghyun yells, noticing the four cadets huddled together.

"If you're looking to hurt them, you might as well get through me first!" Eunji yells.

"Hey!" Namjoo whispers. "What are you think-" but before she can finish, she feels a nudge from Chorong. Slowly, the four soon reveal their fifth member. The Khan members all gasp.

"Wait..." Jonghoon mutters. "...how could?"

"I saw you get rid of her, Seunghyun! Why is she still alive?!" the don yells.

"You think I faked that?! If that's the case, I can do it again! Let me at her!"

"What do they mean?" Eunji whispers.

"Don't worry about it for now," Chorong says.

"So... what do we do?" Bomi asks.

"Remember what we have on our wrists?" Chorong says. "If I remember, we can't just hit the button. We also have to call 'Chrono Changer' to activate them."

"Well what are we waiting for?" Eunji announces. The four cadets all nod.

With redeemed resolve, the five all stand together.

"CHRONO CHANGER!!!"

And then, in a bright flash, in their place were five figures in powered suits.

"It can't be..." Jennie says.

"Oh, we're screwed..." Joonyoung says.

"SILENCE! ATTACK THEM, MY ZENBOTS!"

The Zenbots charge the five rangers. "Let's take these things out now!" Chorong calls.

"Roger! KYAAAAAHHHH!"

With the rangers preoccupied, the don decides to walk away.

"Boss?" Seunghyun says.

"We're leaving. We need to regroup at the ship."

"But-"

"NO BUTS!" he growls as he grabs Seunghyun by the collar.

Meanwhile, the four cadets hold their ground relatively well. However, as they finish off their own Zenbots, they find Eunji slicing one in half.

"Wow! She's a natural!" Namjoo exclaims.

Eunji turns her head looking around. "Wait... where are they? Where'd they go?!"

"They must have escaped," Chorong says. "No matter. We have the suits now. That counts for something."

"By the way, how'd you handle yourself?" Bomi asks.

"Me? Well I took a bit of Taekwondo lessons, plus I have a reputation for strength," Eunji says, flexing her arm.

"My goodness! She really is like her!" Hayoung pipes.

"Yea, well she wasn't as strong as me..." Bomi mutters.

"Okay. You keep mentioning this 'her' and it's beginning to creep me out. Who exactly are you referring to? And how do I get out of this suit?!"

"Power down!" Chorong says. Her suit then deactivates. "I can tell you later about 'her', Eunji," Chorong says.

"That's her name?" Bomi asks. "Eunji?"

"Yea, it's my name! Got a problem with that?"

"Hey, I was just asking!"

"Enough, you two!"

"Sorry, unnie..." Bomi mutters. "Power down..."

"Power down!" Namjoo and Hayoung say simultaneously. "We really could use you, umm..."

"What, are you concerned about how old I am? I'm 23."

"Oh. Well, Eunji-unnie..." Namjoo says. "I just think you'd make a great addition to our team!"

"Yea, I agree!" Hayoung pipes.

"I think so too," Chorong says. "What do you say?"

"Well. I'm all in. By the way, it was 'power down', right, unnie?"

"Yea."

"Okay. Power down!" Eunji yells.

Chorong nods her head. "Welcome to the team!" she says as she holds out her hand. Eunji quickly reciprocates.

"Speaking of which, did you three manage to find a spot for us?"

"No, because we don't have money!"

"Good point."

"You guys need a place to stay? Well, you could stay at my place."

"Really?" Hayoung asks.

"Please tell me you have food..." Namjoo says.

"Look, I've got enough to provide for y'all, okay? Let's head back to where I work for a bit so I can hand off my work shift, then we can all go to my place. Plus, I think you guys need some clothes to fit in. I'm sure you guys got weird looks today."

"We did," Namjoo says. "Oh, I'm so excited! I get to look at fashion in the 21st century!"

"Oh, and before we go, sorry about earlier," Bomi says.

"Don't worry about it. Oh, and your names were..."

"I'm Yoon Bomi. I'm also 24."

"I'm Kim Namjoo. I'm 22."

"I'm Oh Hayoung. I'm 21."

"Cool! Let's go!"

-

"Hey, Eunji! Not much traffic today, so you lucked out!"

"Great. Thanks for covering, though, Sooah!"

"Oh, don't worry about it." Sooah then notices Chorong and the other three. "Oh, hey Chorong-unnie! Are these your friends?"

"Yea. They are."

"Nice to meet y'all!"

"Nice... to meet you too..." Bomi says.

"Anyway, Sooah. I need to borrow some merch for them to wear. Kind of a long story which I can tell you later."

"I don't think the boss will mind. We kind of need models anyway."

"Alright, guys! Follow me!"

The four follow Eunji into a storage closet.

"Well, guys, knock yourselves out! You can use the spots back there to change. I'll wait outside, alright?"

Eunji calmly goes outside and stands next to the door. Taking out her phone, she sees she's missed several texts from her father, amongst others. Eunji sighs as she opens them all and responds to every one... except to her father. As she puts her phone back in her pocket, Namjoo steps outside wearing a plain white tee and black tank with jean shorts.

"Nice choice, there, Namjoo."

"There were so many options to choose from but I had to go with this. The fashion here is so fascinating, I LOVE IT."

Moments later, Bomi pops out in a yellow tee with light blue jeans.

"Going simple there, I like it."

Soon, Hayoung emerges with an orange hoodie with dark, baggy jeans along with an emerald green hat.

"I couldn't really find anything matching my color so this was all that I could find."

"No, don't worry about it, you look good!"

After a while, Chorong appears in a pale pink sweater with blue jeans. There's even a tear at one of her knees.

"Wow... you look really cute!" Eunji says. "I like this!"

Chorong can only smile.

"Alright! Let's head back to my place!"

-

What challenges will the five rangers face together? What will Khan do now with the latest development? Why would Eunji ignore her father? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: The opening arc is over and the five rangers have their colors! Thanks for reading and please leave feedback! Hope y'all continue to enjoy!