Crack in the Armor

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

"Hey! Those are the hostages!"

"Why are they hiding?"

Eunji and Chorong sneak over to the hostages from earlier, having hidden in a secluded corner.

"Young misses, those weird robots have been combing the area, along with one of the masked men. We've been hiding here in the meantime."

"Hold steady, okay?" Eunji reassures. "The police are outside. We need to take care of some business so that they can get in."

"Until then, stay here and stay safe!" Chorong whispers. The hostages all nod their heads. "Come on, let's go!"

-

"Someone's broken the barrier?" The masked man quickly checks his radar, and then, after a few moments, he knees the Zenbot, pushing it into a crowd of others, toppling several over. "Roy, Eddy, we've got trouble. They're coming in. I'll look after the device. You go investigate the premises. And as for you dumb robots, comb the building!"

-

"Alright. We're getting close, Eunji. We're almost at the roof."

"Got it."

"Oh, and before we go, let's set our timers. 10 minutes."

"Done."

"Okay. Let's move."

Eunji and Chorong slowly creep outside. They find someone waiting for them in the distance.

"I should have known! Those incapable contraptions just wouldn't find you!"

"You're at the end of your rope, Lee Jonghyun! Your days are numbered!"

Lee Jonghyun activates his armor. "Guess this is how it will go!"

The three charge right at each other, with Eunji and Chorong struggling to keep up with the superhuman.

"You just can't hold it together, can you?"

"Oh, I ain't done yet!" Eunji yells as she delivers a blow to his back.

"URGH! Maybe you aren't, but your partner will soon!" Then, Lee Jonghyun and Chorong fade away as Eunji hacks at thin air. "NO! Ch... looks like he planned this the whole time. I better keep this area clear while I wait to fire the shot."

-

Chorong finds herself back in the other dimension. "Well, I'm back, but not how I wanted to. Looks like I have to find the source room again..." She scours the building to reach her destination, but soon, she hears footsteps. Ducking for cover, she finds Lee Jonghyun walking about menacingly. "Come out, come out wherever you are..."

-

"Hold steady, Hayoung!" Bomi yells.

"Geez... you'd think they throw the clones later on... don't the villains usually try to ease their way into these things?!" Namjoo yells.

"I'd think just go all out!" Hayoung yells.

Since Eunji and Chorong fled the dimension at their prompting, Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung have been holding on for dear life. The three had taken chances to escape previously, but were found not long after each time, resulting in a seemingly neverending cat-and-mouse chase. This time, they decide that instead of trying to run, they try and fight, but the three-on-three has turned into a drawn-out, brutal slogfest.

"I can only hope Eunji-unnie and Chorong-unnie can fix this mess!" Hayoung pants.

"Yea, we can't take much more of this!" Namjoo pants.

"We can't give in yet! We have to keep going for them!" Bomi yells.

-

"It's almost as if I can smell you around here..."

Chorong tries to think of a distraction to get Lee Jonghyun out of the area, but she finds a fallen Zenbot blade nearby and quickly grabs it. Then, she chucks it down the hall over his head, landing several meters away. With the opportunity presenting itself, Chorong sneaks off as Lee Jonghyun paces over to the mysterious find.

As Chorong makes her way back to the roof, she notices she has only about a minute left. Quickly scramping over, she makes her way into the door and finds the device's counterpart. Knowing she needs to fire a precise shot, she finds a corner to hide in, but Lee Jonghyun quickly busts in and spots her.

"Thought you could fool me, eh? RAHHH!!!"

Chorong quickly summons her sword to block his strike, and soon she's struggling to keep up now that Eunji isn't there. What's worse is that she has a mere 15 seconds left.

"What's the matter? Partner not here to help?"

I can't give in! I have to finish what I started! "TAKE THIS!!!"

In a moment of hubris, Lee Jonghyun is taken aback with Chorong's sudden push, and soon finds himself about to greet her blade with his torso.

"UGH!"

And just like that, a crack in the armor, and, more importantly, an opening.

-

"5 seconds. I just hope you're ready, unnie... Here goes nothing!"

-

"Wait! What's happening?!" Bomi yells. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Bomi feels like her body's being pulled apart. Then, when everything turns back to normal, she's standing where she once was along with Namjoo and Hayoung, but the clones are gone.

"What on earth?" Namjoo pants as she frantically checks herself.

"Did... they do it?" Hayoung asks.

"Hold that thought. I think we've got Zenbots coming in."

"Wait! I'm getting a reading! Eunji-unnie and Chorong-unnie are this way! Let's go!"

But before they can advance, they hear blaster shots approaching. They instinctively duck for cover nearby, but find two familiar people running their way.

"Hold on! CHORONG-UNNIE!!!"

"B-Bomi?!" Eunji gasps. "Chorong-unnie! They're safe!"

"Wh-what?"

Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung nearly barrel into Chorong when they see a rogue Lee Jonghyun giving pursuit. "Oh, no! Not him again!"

"What were you expecting?! It's just me now, you scrubs! You gotta dance with me while I wait for the twins."

"Five-on-one, buffoon. You stand no chance!" Eunji yells.

"Then BRING IT. CHARGE, ZENBOTS!"

Zenbots come in from all corners and surround the Rangers, but with morale high, they all fall one by one. All the while, Eunji and Chorong task themselves with taking on Lee Jonghyun, himself already weakened from earlier. As the battle wears on, the two synchronize seamlessly as they continue to wail on their adversary's effort, until finally, Eunji is able to land a clean hack on his arm.

"GAAAAHHHH!" he yells as he drops his sword. Chorong doesn't hesitate to draw her blade under his chin. "Give it up. You've lost."

"Oh, I don't think so." Immediately, the twins arrive and push Bomi, Namjoo, and, Hayoung aside. Eunji and Chorong quickly block their strike and kick them away, but this gives Lee Jonghyun his chance to escape. "SMELL YA LATER, FOOLS!" he yells as he fades away. Then, Chorong desperately hacks at where he stood to no avail. "RATS!" Eunji tries to fire at the twins, but they too, have disappeared.

"Looks like they're gone..." Bomi sighs.

"At least it's over for now," Hayoung pants.

Then, they feel a rumble in the building. "That must have been the device... or at least what remained of it after I blasted it. We better go check."

Surely enough, the Rangers return to the roof to find smouldering ash. "They really know how to destroy the evidence, eh?" Eunji sighs.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!"

The Rangers turn around to find the police aiming their guns at them. Also amongst them are scientists and a man in a suit. They all instinctively raise their hands.

"What do we do now?!" Namjoo whispers.

"Hold on," Eunji says as she slowly marches forward.

"DON'T MOVE!"

"Eunji, what on earth are you doing?" Bomi whispers. However, she feels a tap on her shoulder. She looks over to see Chorong gesturing for her to wait.

"Don't shoot!" Eunji yells. "Power down!"

The officers all gasp.

"E-E-Eunji?!" the man in the suit yells.

"Stand down!" Naeun yells.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!"

Eunji halts as she glares at Naeun and the man. "We just took care of business here. Now leave us alone."

The man in the suit approaches Eunji. "I've been looking for you all this time. Please, come home."

Eunji can only shake her head.

"You know your place in this world. You are my only heir to the company. You're choosing to give up my assets and resources to stop these criminals!"

"That's not the life I want to live. I'm living happily. Why take that away?"

The man is shaking. Naeun slowly approaches them, but he waves her off. "Let them go."

"CEO Jung... Are y-"

"LET. THEM. GO."

It takes several moments before Naeun waves off her fellow officers.

"Come on, guys," Eunji sighs as the Rangers hesitantly make their way out.

"You are making your biggest mistake, my daughter."

"No. You made yours by forcing me against my will. When I was young, everything I did was because you told me to. But now, I'm going to control my own future."

-

How will Eunji continue now that her father knows of her status? What will the Rangers do in light of this? When will Khan next return to strike? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: Welp. Eunji's father and Naeun now know about Eunji being a Ranger, so that's going to throw a bone in how the Rangers will respond to Khan... Has anyone noticed I haven't really been sprinkling in interactions amongst Khan? I figured that I'd give some time for the Rangers to develop a bit, and that Bomi, Namjoo, and Hayoung haven't really been featured yet. That being said, I'll try to sprinkle more Khan interactions when I feel it's necessary.
Side note, I will be taking a break from writing for a while but don't worry because I will return. This story is a bit of a passion project for me so I do want to finish it.
Hope y'all have enjoyed reading!