--6--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

She groans to herself. It has been days and she had been stuck in this house since day 1 ! Baekhyun doesn’t seem to have plans of going out or bringing her out. Its frustrating.

 

Mrs. Tae probably notice she is at the peak of her devastating state when she come up to SooHwa in the kitchen, making their own breakfast. She chuckles at the young girl.

 

"Would you like to follow me to the market then ? We can get groceries." She beamed at the offer. Eyes sparkling like a little girl being gifted with chocolates.

 

She smiles her motherly smile, "Of course you can Mrs. Byun. Now go get your jacket, its quite cold outside." Mrs. Tae said while wrapping her own scarf around her own neck.

 

SooHwa almost run at the thought of going outside for the first time in a while now. Before she could sprint to retrieve  her jacket, her eyes swept over a certain door; Baekhyun's office. 

Naturally, her body changes course.

 

She remember seeing Jae going in the room a few hours back in the morning and had yet seeing any of the male leave the room. So he is definitely not alone in there. Not wanting to be rude, she knock a few times.

 

A faded come in was heard, slowly she opened the door. Peeking her head in from behind the parted door. All these while, she had never even peeked in the room, so her eyes does a quick scan of the interior. It was the same theme as the rest of the house is, black and modern.

 

He had a rack of books mounted as a wall behind his table. The appliances however are a stark contrast to the black wall and furniture. White appliances scatters in the room. Before her eyes could feast on more, Baekhyun pulls her attention to him. 


 

"Anything you need sweetheart ?" At that petname, a blush heated up her skin instantaneously. Jae smiles at the name Baekhyun call her, noticing the blush on her. He smiles at her before focusing on the papers scattered all infront of him. As if tuning the other two person off.

 

Baekhyun had an earphone plugged in his ear, probably listening to something from the laptop. He probably had Jae set them up for him. So she just brush it off, answering his question timidly, "Ermm... I was wondering if I could go with Mrs. Tae to get groceries today."

 

Baekhyun face hardens almost instantly. He press his lips together. "No." He said through gritted teeth. At that, Jae look up to him.

 

A pout immediately grow on her lips. "But we won't be long. Its just groceries. We'll be back for lunch together." Baekhyun takes in a deep breath as if trying to calm himself. But before he could respond she pleads, "Pleasee..."

 

He could almost hear the pout in her plead. Almost crumbling his burn expression. He sighs, "Sweetheart, no."

 

The thought of not able to go out being dumped into her shoulder again, she slumped and at that, Jae interrupt politely. "Just let her go boss. It'll only be for a while right ?" he turn to look at her.

 

She nods excitedly. But remembering that the one she needs permission from can't see, she voice out an almost barely contained yes! at him. Happy that at least someone is trying to persuade him for her as well.

 

The husband stays silent for a moment, as if weighing the pros and cons. Jae was about to focus back on his work when Baekhyun instruct him, "you go with them Jae."

 

Jae snaps his head to look at the boss. "But Mrs. Tae always do groceries alone."

 

He click his tongue. Looking nearly irritated. "But this time she's not going alone." His voice sounds stern that Jae immediately stand from his seat.

 

But SooHwa stops him immediately. "noo, its okay. I can go with Mrs. Tae. I'll keep her accompany, and I'll always stay with her."

 

"Jae will follow to keep you safe sweetheart." He simply said to before proceed to listen to something from his earphone.

 

SooHwa push the door open further. The creaked sound from the hinges pulls his attention back on her. "Please Baekhyun... I just wanted to go out for a while... I promise to return safely..."

 

He breathe out harshly through his nose. She knows he is getting annoyed right now. "You can go but with Jae around."

 

The said man turns to her, as if expecting her to say something back. So she did.

"But you guys were in the middle of something. I don't want to interrupt  your work. I can go with Mrs. Tae only." She wrings her fingers together. Getting nervous as well. "Please. I'm not a child Baekhyun. I can take care of myself just fine."

 

Jae had a sympathize  expression on her. He could see the b tears in her eyes. The way she slouching shoulder as she wrings her finger in front, a habit he learned when she gets nervous.

 

"She's right boss. Let her go, its been a while since she last go out as well." He tries to persuade his boss gently.

 

Baekhyun pressed the bridge of his nose before sighing out loud.

"Okay fine." He snapped. "You can go. But be home before lunch. Do not get yourself in troubles or else you will be punish." His gaze were directly on her direction as if he could see where she had been standing. "And call me if anything happens, do you understand young lady ?"

 

She beems a bright smile at his green light. "Of course !" She is thrilled. "Thank you, Baekhyun oppa. Bye !" She bounce a bow directed at Baekhyun before turning behind her.

 

Almost immediately, she made a dash to changes her clothes but not before closing the door behind her. Jae couldn't stop the light laugh escaping his lips. "She sure is excited about getting groceries."

 

"She just called me oppa." Baekhyun said almost in dazed. Jae had a small teasing smirk on his expression, seeing his boss being whipped by his own wife calling him oppa.

 

Just to rile him up, he tease. "Bet you would be even more whipped when you can see the faces she made."

 

Baekhyun clears his throat at his tease. Putting on his serious expression once again before focusing on his work again.

“Let’s focus Jae.” He reprimand him, barely stern.

She couldn’t stop the smile from appearing on her lips. The moment she left the penthouse building, SooHwa takes in a deep breath. Filling in her lung with fresh airs and not the stuffy air she had back in the house.

 

It feels like all of her muscles had relaxed instantaneously as she stretched her limbs out. Even the cold air can’t stop her bubbling excitement.

 

The person next to her chuckles at her reaction to being outside. Instead of telling her to shut her embarrassment, she laugh together.

“Aren’t you getting too excited for groceries Mrs. Byun ?”

 

She smiles softly. “Its j

Please log in to read the full chapter