--5--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Mr. Byun likes his coffee black with a spoon of sugar." Mrs. Tae is by the kitchen counter, preparing breakfast for them as SooHwa sits idly by the stool.

She refuses her help politely saying that its still early in the morning and she had lots of energy for the day. Mrs. Tae had been kind enough to share with her information about Baekhyun.

Little things that he like and dislike. He hates cucumber. He won't touch a dish that have cucumber in it. And he likes pizza the most.

She wanted to jot down and remember these little things about him but she can't find it in her to actually enjoys being here. Her brain tunes off Mrs. Tae blabbers as she remembers his words from last night.

"And I think Sister Kim forgets to tell you that, you won't be working for the school anymore."

"Are you alright SooHwa ?" The older lady ask softly. Placing her hand softly on top of hers.

She look up to her in daze. The glaze in her eyes is visible to her. "What happen hmm ?"

She takes her chin in between her thumb and forefinger. Tilting her up to look her in the eyes.

"I know we just barely met and know each other, but you can tell me about anything my dear."

At her words, she sniffs.

Her eyes still soft on her. She doesn't say anything but instead just letting her take her time.

She doesn't leave her for the whole time she look sad with sniffles. Just staying there and not asking anything. And SooHwa couldn't be anymore grateful for that.

And she lets everything out in form of tears and snots. So at the end, she just shakes her head. "Its nothing. I'm just being emotional."

Mrs. Tae smiles that motherly smiles at her.

"I knows Mr. Byun is a handful sometimes. But underneath all that hard exterior, he is actually a softie."

She looks at her. Not really believing in her words. "Just take it slow. Everything will fall into place later."

SooHwa takes in a deep breath. She nods. Softly whispering okay.

"Now wipe those tears and go wake your husband up. I'll serve the breakfast." She instruct her as her hand skilfully plates the cooked breakfast for the both Byun.

She proceed as being ask to. Opening the door to the bedroom, and she is greeted with the sight of Baekhyun in nothing but his white fluffy towel wrapped around his midsection. Baring his upper body to greet her eyes early in the morning. She couldn't stop the gasped from escaping her lips as her eyes takes a quick feast on his physique.

Baekhyun stilled upon hearing her before a slow smirk erupt on his lips. "Good morning sweetheart."

She quickly avert her gave. Clearing to calm the beating of her heart.

"Good morning. Mrs. Tae had made us breakfast. Get down when you're ready."

Turning to leave the male to wear his clothes. "Or you could help me with my clothes and we can go down together." He said suddenly. Halting her movement.

SooHwa ponders on the option. She wanted nothing but to be 3 metres away from him. But her legs just refuses to move even an inch away.

So she turns slowly, sighing to herself as she make way to the walk in closet. Getting him a crewneck swearshirt with a track. The man waits patiently by the bed. Eyes open but his gaze was empty. He could see lines and traces of things in bright lights but he can't make out the details no matter how hard he tries.

He could see her silhouette but its blurry that it sometimes iritates him.

"You won't need help putting them on right ?" Standing by his side she asked as she hands him the his attire.

A bright smiles lit up his face. Seeing the smile on his face, she remembers Mrs. Tae words earlier; I knows Mr. Byun is handful sometimes. But underneath all that hard exterior, he is actually a softie.

He is not the bad guy here. He can never be and will never be.

"If you want to help, it would be great." A heated blood rush up to her cheeks, "I'll wait for you outside." Roughly placing the clothes on his lap before scurrying to leave the room.

She could hear his booming laughter as she exits the bedroom. Just before she close the door, she heard him muttering something underneath his breath.

"It would be lovely to see the expression she make." He said it to himself. Berating himself that he can't bask in the expression she make, the way she would look like. He wanted to look into her eyes, the shape of her nose, the corner of her lips. Everything about her.

Without even he realising it, he had taken liking to her. How she stayed by his side when she could have easily just leave him and run away. Her care for him didn't have any boundary. 

"I'll be in my office today. You can do as you please for the day." He said as he finished his breakfast. She just nods as he leaves the table. 

She keep her eyes on him until he dissapear behind the door to what she assume is his office. SooHwa was about to continues eating again when someone sighs. 

Mrs. Tae had been standing by her side for awhile, but she never really took notice of it. She look up, tilting her head as she look at the older lady. 

Her expression as if asking, why? 

"He had been like that since he woke up from the accident." She starts. She was still looking at door before looking down at SooHwa. She smiles before picking up the plates, proceed with doing the dishes. 

SooHwa stays where she is but now, she focuses on what she had to say. "What happen ?"

The older lady look up from her work in hand before turning to look at her over her shoulder. "He was driving home from a friend's birthday party when a sleepy courier driver hit him square from the front."

She in a deep breath. "And just like that he lost his sight ?" Mrs. Tae nods at her question, a grim line on her lips. 

SooHwa look down on her plate. She plays with food infront of her slowly. Pushing them around with her fork. Minds whirling with thoughts and question. 

"Will he be... blind forever ?" 

The thoughts scares her so much that she felt her heart shakes in fear. 

Mrs. Tae rest her hand on her shoulder. "I don't know. He only shares stuff like that with Jae." 

"What stuff ?" A sudden gruff voice interrupts their conversation. Jae appears from the opening, he nods at her as a greeting when he caught SooHwa's eyes. He approach the

Please log in to read the full chapter