--1--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dark. Blunt. Uncertainty. Scared.

That’s how he feels when he wakes up the night after the accident. And now, it has been months yet his view remains the same. Blurry. Dark. People are treating him like he’s going to break at any moment. And it angers him.

He wasn't use to people around him tippy toes as if he would snap at anything. He doesn't like the seed of doubts and uncertainty planted in him ever since he had lost his sight. His fist tighten by his side while his grip on his vibrating phone is like a ticking bomb to his annoyance. He look ahead. The strong grayscale wall in the subway and by the look of it, he’s standing a few feet away from the rail track. Late night subways is mostly empty or filled with drunk people that never care about their surrounding.

“Shut up. STOP CALLING ME!” He shouts to himself. The innocent phone keeps on vibrating in his palm. One ring after another.

He grunt before raising his hand high as he launched it forward, releasing the phone from his grip. His leg automatically steps forward to balance himself from the impact. Just as his phone hit the wall and shattered to pieces, his footing slips.

What seems to be a few steps more is actually less than a step. He miscalculated. And now, he is going to prove that he really need a guidance, he is now a fine China doll. His eyes wide with nothing registered in his view. But he knows he is doomed as he felt his body falling down, pulled by the gravity.

His mind automatically thinks of the headline on the newspaper tomorrow;

Young billionaire takes his own life after accident.

Blind CEO dies on a rail tracks.

It was scary. His ear rings loudly after the fall. There’s surely a scratch on his knees because of the pain he felt. He grunts as his hands search around him. In panic, his vision doesn’t seem to cooperate.

Normally, he could still registers small things or details if there is enough light around him. But now, leaning on his palm and knees on a rail track it seems to panic him even more as his vision abandon him.

He started palpitating, as he turns around. Trying to find a way up from the track. No one is going to help him, he thinks. There’s barely anyone there. It was silent, and since its almost midnight on a weekdays, everyone is busy getting home and just rest. Very few going out to enjoy the night away getting wasted and all.

“Heyy heyy, calm down. Give me your hand.”

A voice. Calmly hits his ears. As he tries to find the source of the voice, loud buzzing shrieking of tires running on the rails hits his ear.

The train !

And at that, he heard her again.

“Come on now. Take my hand !” This time it sounds urgent and scared.

Scared for him. For them both.

She was leaning half of her body off the edge. Trying to reach him at the middle of the track. It was dangerous for both of them.

“Come on ! You can do it !” She keeps on shouting. Not giving up on him.

So he reach even further. Squinting his eyes in trying to locate her hand. Hands reaching into the direction of her voice. Finger grabbing into the air in hope of finally touching a humanskin that is trying to help him.

The train gets even nearer, he could literally feel the gravel under his shoes shaking from the speed.

And his heart is beating as wildly as it can be.

He stands as quick as he can, arms still reaching out towards the voice. She doesn't stop as she guides him with her voice. 
"a little bit more."

Fingertips touching slowly. It feels as if times literally slow down the moment he touches her skin. He reach further, encourage by the touch he felt. It feels as if finally, his faith is restored. He is safe.

“Gotcha !” She pull him roughly. Using almost all of her strength to pull the male off the track. Her heart beats so fast that it feels like it might popped out of her chest if it wasn't guarded by the rib cage.

Thankfully he is a lean male. Probably few inch more than her full height. The adrenaline pump as she pulls him off the track, it feels like she did everything. And just as his feet leaves the edge of the platform, the awaited trains run pass them without even slowing down.

Both of them heaves a heavy breath. Breathing hard from the sudden turn of event. He lays on the dirty platform, not caring about anything rather than the fact that he is still breathing, fine and okay. He was at the verge of death. It feels like the past few minutes, the Angel of Death is peeking up behind him. Just waiting to pull his soul out of his body.

But she, she pulled him away from death. Ans just as the train pass by them without stopping he grunt when a sudden impact landed on his chest before he felt a strained weight pinning his body down as she straddles him by his thigh. Right in public.

Small hands gripping tight onto the lapel of his coat. “What the were you thinking ?!”

She pulls him by the coat, forcing him to sit straight with her still on his lap. ""What were you thinking ?!" She shouts at him again. But he knows, she wasn't expecting an answer. And he doesn't feel

Please log in to read the full chapter