--11--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

A touch on her shoulder snapped her out of her reverie; "Its been a while since I last saw you child."

“Sister Kim !” She exclaimed excitedly before pulling the lady into her arms. Resting her face on her shoulder, she mutters lowly; “I’ve missed you so much aunty.” The small frame of the old lady never fails to give her the sense of security, even in its fragile age.

Sister Kim had her hands rubbing her back gently. “As do I, my child.” SooHwa takes in a deep breath. The silent comfort she offer cannot be compared to anything else. Sister Kim had been with her with since she was very young.

When she was thrown back to the orphanage like a cursed child, she comforted her greatly. The only person who stood by her as everyone else turn their back on her, she stayed and dust her skirt, wiped away her tears. Sister Kim had been someone she look up to as her mother, her strenght.

Both lady found themselves seated by the bench, overlooking the small crowd of kids as they forms a semi circle around Jae who is holding a new story books, reading them to the kids. Baekhyun even had a little boy to sit on his lap as he also sat there, just enjoying the cold breeze and soft grass. A small smile curved beautifully on his lips, and she wishes the smile would always be permanent there.

He wants to give space for SooHwa to talk to Sister Kim. She knows how much she misses the old woman. Baekhyun practically stripped away a life she had known her entire living time in a blink of an eye. This is the least he could do to make it up to her, for now. He could have left, but figured it would be better to just stay and have fun like this. The kids were pure and they provide him with accompany he never thought he would ever need.

Baekhyun had been growing up with his grandparents. His parents died in a car crash when he was 12 years old. Thankfully his grandparents takes him in, taking care of him and now, he is all alone. They died of old age when his business starts to grow. He wanted to open up and settle down when he find himself in the accident. Leaving him blind and hopeless, then she came.

It feels like fate. Their own tangled fate.

~*~

SooHwa is holding onto her hand tightly, clinging on her arm like a little child while her other hand holding Baekhyun's hand firmly. A small pout showing on her lips as the three of them walk towards the entrance where Jae is waiting with their ride, the sun is going to retire for the day. Its time to go home. "We'll come and visit again right ?" She ask the same question for a few times already.

Baekhyun smiles softly, almost endearing. "Of course we will, anytime you want to sweetheart." He squeeze her hand slightly.

A blush rush to her cheeks at his endearment infront of Sister Kim who had a motherly smile ahead. Pretending that she didn't listen to their conversation earlier.

"Ahh right, remember the festival we used to go together every autumn ?" SooHwa nods excitedly.

She remembers the thrill and happiness of trying excuisite delicacies and having fun with the sister. They rarely missed the festival, almost their yearly activity. One thing that she would always look forward to when she was a child. "Its happening the next whole week, mid-autumn festival."

"Really ?" She ask excitedly before turning to look at Baekhyun, her grip naturally tighten around his. Already knowing what her question would be, "we could visit again next week then."

SooHwa couldn't keep the squealed and joyful shrieked to herself, turning herself into a squeky mess of a girl, missing the fact that he actually had a solemn look on his face which he quickly mask with a small smile.

She excitedly gushing at Sister Kim on what they used to do, reminiscing all the good memories of going to a festival. Baekhyun let her cling on the old lady as he walk silently while holding her hand. Just listening to her chatters with the other, she sounds so excited and happy about visiting the festival.

But Baekhyun is scared. Sure they have visited the mall before, going out for a car ride and all, but going to a festivals requires... vision. This wasn't a simple visiting occasion. He knows for sure that being blind while being at a festival could only means harm. Perhaps to even the both of them.

They bid goodbye shortly after, with a promise to visit again. As they drives away from the orphanage, she sits silently. Watching the building as they moves further away from it. She slumps into her seat, mind too occupied that she doesn't even noticed how quite Baekhyun is next to her. Both of them being deep in their own thoughts that Jae would sometimes flickers his eyes towards the back seat, just making sure both Byun are fine.

The day is passing by towards the end. SooHwa lets the scenery of building pass by in daze, remembering her talk with Sister Kim.

"How was he treating you ? Is everything okay ?" She ask softly, her eyes trained on the small crowd of kids and the two mens. She nods with a small smile.

It honestly still amazes her at how good he is actually treating her. Always so attentive about her, spending time and making effort together. Althoughh she is still sometimes timid and shy, he would always make sure she is comfortable around him. Always within boundary.

"He's the sweetest ever." She turns to look at the old lady, "I'm glad I said yes to him." Sister Kim rakes her eyes on her features, taking in the happy excited glint in her eyes. She tease a chuckles, "He's the only man ever child."

A low whined escapes her because it is true, he is the only man ever. And out of other man in the whole wide world, it just have to be him in this phase of her life. She won't believe it if anyone said to her; in the future, you would marry the same guy who had lost his parent in the accident you caused.

She shudders.

“Did you tell him yet ?” Sister Kim ask again. Soohwa shakes her head, looking down on her lap. Feeling ashamed of herself, she fiddles with her fingers like a habit.

She puts her hand on top of her trembling ones, “Its okay, SooHwa." encasing her hand in hers, she look down to their hands before locking eyes with her again, "I just thought it would be better for him to hear it from you instead of someone else." A small smile develops on her lips. "and remember; its not your fault. Its no one's fault that happened."

SooHwa could only press her lips together. She throws her gaze on the said male again.

How would he react when he knows ? Will he hate her ? Will he loath her like the rest ? How would their marriage be then ? Will it... end

Please log in to read the full chapter