--10--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

She avoided the guest like a plague. Staying locked in their bedroom as she indulges herself with reading books. SooHwa couldn't shake away the look in his sharp eyes. It pierce through her; leaving her cut open to bleed.

"Sweetheart ?" Baekhyun poked his head in the room slightly. He turned his head slightly to listen better. A small smile immediately replaced the frown she had on her lips. "I'm here."

He smiles as he enters having used to the furniture arrangement, he maneuvered perfectly towards the girl, who is lying by the bed. As if becoming a habit of hers to pull him closer to her, she guides him to settle right by the side of her hip. The gentle pressure feels comforting in her stomach.

"Aren't you hungry ? You skipped lunch right ?" He ask as he turns his face at her. The frown is apparent on his face, his cheek puff up. "Mrs. Tae said you were locking yourself up in here. Why ?"

SooHwa smiles gently as she placed the book on her lap. Pushing her upper body to lean by the bed frame. "One question at a time please." There's a hint of smile in her voice that makes him ease up with the frowns.

But telling him that she doesn't 'like' his friend, Sehun seems too sudden. They just met and she can't just tell him the he's judging her like others or he hates her. She doesn't exactly know what he actually think of her and it shouldn't matter.

"Its nothing. I'm finishing my reading so that I can get a new book I've been wish listing." He said as she pats the book, as if showing; more like letting him listen, to the item in hand.

Baekhyun only nods with a smile. "But surely the books can wait after lunch right ?" If he could look at her right now, he would pin her with his stare and dug out the answer. Because they never skipped having food together. And she knows that.

She lets out a nervous chuckles but said nothing else. SooHwa could only look down, she wanted to share everything with him but its not her place to shake a friendship he had with Sehun. Not to mention, just because he looks like he's judging her and she's offended by it.

He sighed. "Is there something wrong ? If there is, then tell me so that I can fix it." Baekhyun is always too uptight. He wants the best of everything for her.

She shakes her head. "Its nothing Baekhyun. I just wants to be in my own space today." She tries to make him shakes it away. SooHwa even braces herself to take a hold on his hand. As if convincing him that nothing is actually wrong. Baekhyun returns the hold she had. Silently agreeing to let it go, for now.

"So did you finished the book already ?" He changes topic immediately. At that, she beamed immediately. SooHwa scooted into the centre of the bed, pulling him to settle on her side just now. Baekhyun complies as he gets on the bed even more. Resting his back on the headrest like she did.

She answer him happily as he tries to settle comfortably. "I'm actually at the last two chapter !" SooHwa squealed lightly to which he returns with the same energy, "really ?" She nods, her eyes crinkling with excitement.

She always love reading books. And Baekhyun by now had convince himself that she is a bookworm. He would sometimes found her in the library he had and he would always try to cater the best for her.

"Do you need more books ? The one you had been listing for ? Tell me and I could ask Jae to get it for you." He orders with his fingers playing with her own. SooHwa just lets him. She bite her lips lightly. Wondering to herself for a while.

She clears , pulling his attention again. "Actually... I was wondering..." Baekhyun turns to her with an encouraging smiles "What is it sweetheart ?"

SooHwa look down at the endearment, always feeling bashful when he calls her that. "Can I... can I go and get it myself ?" She ask timidly. Baekhyun could literally see how small her voice is, like she is afraid to ask for it.

"You wants to get it on your own ?" He quirks an eyebrow. Memories of what happened the last time she went out flashes in his mind.

She shakes her head, "we could go together." She tries again. Having lived in the house with him where she never really had to go out alone makes her comfortable with him. And she too knows what happened the last time she went out.

Baekhyun turns stiff within second. "We ?" SooHwa shrugs. She doesn't want to force him to go out with her but she needs to let him have exposure to the outside world as well. He can't keep being cooped up in the house.

"Besides, I'm craving for pizza." She adds another reason to their outing. She studies his face as he falls into deep thinking. Looking ahead with his lips pursued.

She thoughts Baekhyun wouldn't agree to her suggestion but just before she could waive the idea, he speaks up. "Alright. But Jae gonna have to come with us and keep you safe. Okay ?"

SooHwa beams a wide smile. A smile that he can't see but she made it known to him as she immediately bounce on her knees. "Yes !" She squeals to which Baekhyun just laugh.

"And no more running into cars or danger. Please sweetheart." There's a slight shakes in his voice. Going out would take a tolls on him. But getting the much needed exposure of the outside would do him good later.

She holds out three finger in air, next to her shoulder like a scout promise. "I promise. I'll be cautious all the time." He smiles gently.

SooHwa won't break his trust this time.

~*~

Jae had been walking behind the couple for a while now. Never once fleeting his gaze too far from them; especially on SooHwa. He drop his eyes on the hold Baekhyun had on her. Or more like; they were both holding to each other. Their fingers intertwined with her hugging his arm to her side.

They were taking a casual stroll in the mall. It was buzzing with crowds and Baekhyun had to strain his ear every second just so he wouldn't bump into anyone. He felt it in his muscles as they turn rigid and stiff with every step he takes. Not being able to picture his surrounding is why he prefers staying at home. But SooHwa had been even more attentive to him than he could notice.

She guides him softly, keeping him close to her. Careful not to bump into anyone or anything. The shades he had on hides the dazed empty look he had in his eyes. To everyone else, they look like a normal loving couple spending time together. And it warms Jae's heart seeing them together.

"Are you tired ? Do you want to sit somewhere while you wait ?" She ask gently after a moment of them walking around as they try to locate the book store she wants. Baekhyun only nods as she swiftly brings them to one of the bench around the mall.

As he settle down, she turns to Jae immediately, "I won't take too long. Could you stay here with him, I'll just be going to the one at the end of the corner there." She said while pointing at the direction she will be leaving.

Before Jae could agrees with her, Baekhyun speak up. "No. You go with her Jae." She pursued her lips at the thought of leaving him alone here. "But you're going to be alone then."

He lift his face and smile at the standing girl in front of him, his hand hold on the her fingers. "Its okay baby. I'll be here and wait for you. I can't go anywhere either."

She pouts lightly as she weight his decision. "Will you be okay ?"

"I'm fine. Besides, you won't be long right ?" She nods even though he can't see her. She already had the list of books that she wants; she just need to find it and pay. "So go baby. Then we can go get that pizza you want."

SooHwa beamed slightly at the thought of eating pizza, a fast food that she had been craving for. "Okay then. I'll be quick. Stay put here Baekhyun." She said swiftly. Before she could take step away, Baekhyun pull her hand back causing her to look down at him.

He had a sneaky smile as he taps wordlessly on his cheeks. Her eyes rounded as Jae couldn't stop a small snickers from escaping his lips. He turns slightly as SooHwa directed a feeble glare at him, giving his back towards them.

"Here ?" She ask him as she turns her head left and

Please log in to read the full chapter