--4--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

“Jae will show you around.” Baekhyun instruct as soon as they arrive at his penthouse before he leaves for somewhere else.

 

The said man slightly bows “follow me Mrs. Byun.”

 

“SooHwa.” She said. Looking at him in a friendly manner.

 

Jae returns with a curious look, “sorry?”

 

“Call me SooHwa. Just SooHwa.” She said as she takes her luggage from his hand.

“But Mr. Byun said-“

 

“I’m the one to be called. So I want you to call me by my name, SooHwa.” Voice turning slight stern as the teacher in her arise.

 

Jae look at her with his blank expression as it scares her by bit. He is a burly man, inches taller than her even Baekhyun too, his physique is just big. He look like he could snap her neck with his bare hands.

 

But then he cracked a small smile on that hard exterior. “Okay. If you say so.”

 

He did showed her around the house. There were black classical piano in the rest area, facing the floor to ceiling glass wall. A modern stair connecting the upper floor where all the bedrooms and guest room are.

The other floor is the guest area, kitchen, library and a locked office for Baekhyun.

 

“This is Mrs. Tae.” Jae introduce a middle aged lady to her. "She's incharge of the housekeeping and cooking. She only works during the day, she goes home at 7 but you can ask her for anything that you want."

 

SooHwa smiles softly at the lady, nodding slightly.

"at your service Mrs. Byun."

 

"Just SooHwa is fine." Not comfortable with her new surname.

 

Mrs. Tae smiles in understanding. "But Mr. Byun would not like it if I call you by your first name."

 

"At least, when there’s just the two of us then." The young lady winked at her, earning a chuckles from both Mrs. Tae and Jae.

 

Someone clears their throat. "If you're done with the house tour, come with me."

 

SooHwa runs to his side immediately. Eyes casted downward as she approach. What she doesn’t expect is that he takes her hand in her.

Wide eyes looking at him.

“You need to hold me so that I won’t bump into things.”

 

Jae held back a snickers at his poor choice of excuse. He can move perfectly around the house. He doesn’t need a stick or anyone to guide him.

 

Baekhyun slightly glares at his direction before tugging the girl away.

The male manoeuvre them both slowly. When she sense that he is approaching the stairs, she held him back by his arm.

 

“You’re going for the stairs Baekhyun-shi.” He turns to look at her.

 

“Hmm... I need to get to the second floor.”

He simply said before turning back front.

 

SooHwa tighten her hold on him. “Here, let me.” She said before simply taking his hand in him.

Guiding him to the stairs carefully.

 

“Hold on the handrail.” She instructs him. Her eyes careful on his slippered feet.

 

Baekhyun tightens the hold she had on his hand subtly. It goes unnoticed by her. Too focused on safely transporting him to his desired place.

 

Counting step by step as the slowly and when they finally reach the top, “I know my house has 17 stair steps Mrs Byun.”

 

He smirks. And she couldn’t have been even gladder that he can’t see the blush on her cheeks.

Of course he should know, its his house after all.

 

“Sorry.” She simply said, letting go of his hand.

But he takes them in his again. “Come.”

 

“Jae had shown you roughly the plan for the house. In details, you go with me.”

He open a room Jae had pointed out as the guest bedroom.

“We have 2 guest room in the house. But we rarely have guest. But you are welcome to invite your own guest.”

 

She has a puzzled look on her face. “We ?”

They were moving on to the next door.

“And this is my gaming room, but I can’t use it for now. You can game in here if you want to.” She takes a swift look around the room before Baekhyun pulls her again. “I can ?”

 

Baekhyun open another door but instead of just standing behind an opened door, he pulls her in. “This is the master bedroom.”

He stands on the side as she steps further into the room. Ears straining to hear even a smallest sound from her. He can’t gauge on her reaction but he really hope she like what she sees.

 

It was a large room with a side of the wall made of glass, facing the buzzing city below with the skies, skyscraper and the scenery being overlaid before her. The theme were dark and modern with a connecting walk in closet and bathroom.

 

She went silent. “Do you like it ?”

 

Soohwa nods before voicing out a small “yes, its lovely.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles at her respond. “You are such a bad liar.”

He close in to her as she stands in the middle of the room. The male walk pass her and straight to the bed. “Nothing is lovely in a dark themed room, Mrs. Byun.”

He sits comfortably at the edge of the bed.

 

She brings her finger closer. Wringing them together as she slowly voice out “Can you not call me that ?”

 

“Hmm

Please log in to read the full chapter