--8--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

It feels as if a bond had been established between the two of them. And Baekhyun stayed true to his word, the two would found themselves closely cuddles in each other's arm during rainy nights.

"Still getting nightmare ?" His voice gruff and heavy with sleep. Yet his arms wide apart, inviting her to dive into him again.

"Umhmm..." she simply reply. Eyes closing at the inviting warmth of his hold around her. Its funny how she found solace in place she had never thought she will ever be. In his arm.

With every night that follows, it feels like something had disperse between them both. Gradually getting more and more blurry. Especially Baekhyun. He had become even more touchy than usual.

Although she still keep her own boundary with him, never once initiating the skin ship or physical touch with her husband. She is still cautious and shy with his advances. But Baekhyun is on another level.

He would sometimes invade her private space, coming up too close to her to taste the food she is cooking by the counter. Or sometimes burying his face in her stomach as she dries his hair for him.

And Baekhyun is starting to do things he never usually do. Like asking Jae to leave him with SooHwa alone. Or just sneakily ask him to accompany Mrs. Tae for their groceries shopping; that way she can't take SooHwa with her. And she is having a mixed feeling about all these.

Its both excites and scares her. Like these lines are getting blurry and theres nothing she can do to stop this. No, she doesn't want to stop this. She wants a taste of these warm feeling spreading through her body each time he just pays attention to her. The small touch he initiate. The flutters of his thumb on her skin. It warms her whole soma.

"We're going to get some groceries for a while. Do you guys need anything ?" Jae ask as he twirls the car key around his finger. His face showing a fake annoyed expression.

The two Byun is by the sofa with Baekhyun by the far end of it and SooHwa at the other end, calmly reading a book. She was engrossed in it, not noticing the teasing expressing Jae and Mrs. Tae is sporting. 

"Actually, I'm craving Chinese food. Do you think you can get a take away from my favourite restaurant downtown ?" Baekhyun suggest slyly.

Jae almost groans out loud. "Your only favourite restaurant is like half an hour drive from here ?!" Trying to atlest rationalised with his boss.

Baekhyun only turn slightly to his wife, "Are you hungry sweetheart ?" His voice gentle when talking to her.

She lift her eyes from her book to look at him briefly before turning to Jae. "I'm good. Not that hungry yet." She said with a shrug.

Jae turns and literally stomping his feet like a sulking child. Grumbling something about whipped guy finding excuses for alone time or what along the line.

Mrs. Tae only smiles gently. "We'll be back soon." She bows lightly at her bosses before exiting the door. Just as it shut SooHwa shouts a courteous "be careful."

The male stretch the second the door shut close behind Mrs. Tae. "Ahhh finally alone time." He sneakily lean on her side even more. Dropping his head on her lap.

SooHwa chuckles at his antique. Looking down to the handsome male on her lap. The shine and serene look on his face still brings a frantic thump on her heart.

"Do you need anything Baekhyun ?" She ask with her closed bookmarked book in her hand.

He only sighed. "Oppa."

She quirk an eyebrow at his sudden remark. "What ?"

"You should address me as your oppa. Or perhaps you'd prefer yeobo ?" 여보. There's a slight tease in his voice.

A heated blood rushed to her face. "So do you need anything ?" She repeatedly her question from earlier.

Baekhyun pout playfully. Knowing full well she had her eyes on his face. He could practically feel it raking all over his features again and again. "So no oppa ?"

A chuckles escapes her lips at his pout. "Nope." Lightly laughing at his even exaggerated expression.

He turn his head on his lap as if too look at her closely. "But you called me oppa the other day !"

"I- that was- I just-" She stutters.

This time, Baekhyun had a full blown chuckles. Its fascinating to her her stammers while talking to him. He wonder how would she look like. Does she burns bright red on her cheeks ? Or does she look everywhere else other than his face ? Does she bites her bottom lips in nervous ? Or did she duck her head low, hiding them behind her tresses ?

They bask in every moment they get to spend together. Learning about each other. Taking in cautious step each time. Drawing each other closer to one another.

The warm puffs of air could be seen evaporating into the cold midnight air. SooHwa sits crossed legs on the floor, facing the high glass wall. Overlooking at the running droplets of water racing, pulled by the gravity. 

A heavy sighed left her lips. She had a blanket wrapped around her shoulder. The thunder had pass by the night. But instead of falling asleep in his arm again, she found herself alone. Hugged by the cold weather. 

"Sweetheart ?" Baekhyun husky voice heavy with sleep breaks the comforting silence she had. 

Turning to look at the direction of his voice. He stands by the end of the stairs, rubbing his eyes with his messy bed hair. 

She swallows the lump in at his appearance. "Why are you up Baekhyun ?"

He ignored her question only to ask one of his own, "Where are you ?"

She smiles to herself. "By the glass wall." She doesn't get up to guide him to where she is sitting. Remembering that he said to trust him, so she did. But still she keep her eyes on him. 

Baekhyun walks carefully to the glass wall imprinted in his mind. His hand reach out to feel whats in front of him. "A little to the right Baekhyun." She chuckles lightly. 

He listen to her instruction well. Until his hand finally touches hers. Helping him to settle closer to her side. His thig

Please log in to read the full chapter