--3--

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The room is bright. It is almost blinding. The soft beige colored walls were painted plain. White sheer curtain flowing gently as the breezes pass through them.

A vintage simple A-lined dress fits her frames perfectly. Fully lace with back bow sash accentuate her slim waist and lean body as well.

SooHwa stands there as she throws her mind on the greenery outside.

Knock on the door brings her back into the room. Sister Kim enters, smiling almost sadly at her. "SooHwa ya..." She takes her hands in her gently.

"Is this really what you want ? Its not too late to turn back now."

She smiles at the elderly. But the smile doesn't quite reach her eyes as usual.

"Sister Kim, we know that I have to do this." She sighed softly. "You know who he is. What we can gain from this is something that we can never gain from anyone else."

Kyung Soon shakes her head desperately. "But not like this. Not like this please." Tears were clinging desperately at the corner of her eyes.

The hold on her hand tighten as she herself tries to keep her tears to herself. Seeing a strong woman crumples down because of her is heartbreaking.

"Aunty Kim." At the sound of her addressing her like that, it breaks down her walls completely.

Her sobs breaks between the two of them. Her knees wobbles as she leans more on the bride.

"You know more than anyone else, why this is happening. Why we can't say no to him." She sobs even more. Nodding her head in her explanation.

No more words were exchanges between them both. They settle in front of each other with Sister Kim dabbing the tear streak away from her face. "We need to touch up your makeup."

SooHwa chuckles softly. Using the back of her hand to touch her tear stained cheeks. "Let me do it child." Sister Kim KyungSoon reach for the make up kits on the vanity before settling back in front of her.

The bride takes her hand in hers softly. Tracing the wrinkled skin bitten by age at the back of the hand. She looks down on their hand.

"Thank you, Aunt." She whispers softly.

KyungSoon sniffles her tears. Not wanting to break down again.

"You are like a mother I never have."

Sister Kim lift her face by her chin, "and you are like a child I never have."

They smiles softly at each other. "We complete each other. As how you will complete him."

A lone tears slip to her cheek. The older woman smiles sadly as she wipe the tear. "And I wish you nothing but every ounce of happiness this world could offer."

--------------------------

Standing behind the closed door of the chapel with a bouquet of flower in her hand.

It was nervous as expected. But above all feeling, she felt helpless. Desperate. Weak. And never in her life had she felt as alone as she is right now.

She knew behind these doors, the people that she regards as family is waiting for her. The number is small, but it never fails to entertain her. The teacher, the sisters, the kids and students. Even Sister Kim KyungSoon.

She remembers the day they talk at the park.

She smiles softly. They keep crossing each others words. Like how they are crossing each others life without even knowing it

"What is it that you want to ask ?"

She wrings her fingers on her lap. "Why me ?"
Voice timid and laced with curiosity and uncertainty.

Baekhyun focus ahead.

The breeze caress his skin softly. He could hear the ruffles as they pass through the leaves on the tree. He may not see things, but his brain is filled with these little things he takes for granted before.

"Why you ?" He repeats her question. "Honestly, I don't know.

Her smiles falter at his respond.

"But the moment you save me, I feel the need to do something for you."

She cuts him softly, "You don't have to feel indebted to me."

But Baekhyun shakes his head. "It wasn't in debt."

He turns to face her. "Definitely not in debt."

She seeks his eyes that is hidden behind the shades. "Then what is it that makes you take such decisions?"

The guy hums softly. Lips pursued as he thinks of what to say.

"After the accident and I became like this, they always have their attention on me and that night, I just hates it so much that I ran away."

"They? Who-?"

He smiles softly. "The people around me."

"Ahh-" She nods in understanding.

"And that night, you gave me the attention I hated the most at time that I need the most." SooHwa could only look at him in puzzled.

As if knowing the look she gave him, Baekhyun explain more.

"It felt like death was approaching me fast and a part of me doesn't feel like running away from it. I was scared, because having to continue living like this scares me even more."

"A life of not seeing things ?" She ask him.

He nods as he tilt his head down. "you must have thought that I am such a coward. Scared of living as a blind person."

SooHwa shakes her head softly. "No. Not at all." He turns to look at her.

Outlining her features, the hair framing her face as they sway to the shakes of her head. They were long and passed her shoulder and it was naturally darker colour. It fits the shape of her face well.

He can't make out her face but his guts is telling him that she would look pleasant in his eyes.

"That doesn't make you a coward at all."

She turn her sight in front. Facing the playground as they were filled with laughing children and their parents. Playing on the slide, monkey bars and even the seesaw.

"It was natural to be afraid of things. Knowing that we have to live with it, adapting it into our live, it was scary." She plays with her fingers. "Being blind, it must have feel like the world is stripped away from you. Dark. Uncertainty. That must have been what you felt when it happens right ?"

"Still do." Baekhyun look at her in awed. How could she guess what he feels right on the spot amazes him.

SooHwa smiles, "yet here you are still. Adapting and surviving even with your sight taken away from you."

The guy smiles brightly even nodding his head in amusement. She was stunned. It was the first time he ever showed an emotion that felt so real to her.

"What ? Did I said something wrong?" His reaction to her is so real that it feels awkward.

"This is it. This is the answer on why you." He gained no respond from her as she could only look at him in puzzl

Please log in to read the full chapter