-12-

Eyes on Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The shine in her eyes is apparent, her happiness for him is oozing from the bright smile she had on her lips. Jae look over at her, causing a small smile to develop on his lips as well.

Someone is happy to share this good news with him. "I'm sure boss would be even happier if he gets to see that pretty smile on your face." He comment gently before looking down on his iPad again. SooHwa snapped her eyes at his words before a blush naturally colours her cheeks.

Baekhyun reach out a hand to touch her face gently, "I really wish by the time I can see again, yours will be the first face that I would recognize." His eyes may look empty and dull, but his whole complexion is of hope and longing.

She smiles gently, nuzzling the side of her face in his warm palm. Enjoying the warmth he provide.

"I'm sure you will. Even if your eyes didn't recognize me first, I hope your heart does." She look down to his chest, contemplating whether she could touch him freely like how she wants to. But she decided not to, with the way Jae is trying to suppress his smirk, she keep her hands to herself.

Jae sighed out loud suddenly, "Seeing this couple being so lovey dovey, I think I need to find my other half as well." He said mindlessly, teasing them offhandedly. Baekhyun clears his throat while pulling his hands away from her slowly. A barely noticeable blush coloured the tip of his ear.

"Yaah! Don't you have anything better to do ?" Baekhyun hissed at his assistant. Jae only snickers with a smirk before focusing back on his works. "so when will the treatment begin ?" SooHwa ask before taking a bit of a mango, trying not to think of the blush on her face. She flicks her eyes towards the assistant who instantly answer her, "Its next week."

She nods, taking mental notes on her daily schedule. Baekhyun only stays silent as Jae leaned closer, discussing on their works while she was about to pick another cut up fruits. She suddenly gasped out loud. Her back straighten with her eyes wide open, SooHwa turns to look at both male.

"What is it ?" "What ?" Baekhyun and Jae ask simultaneously. "Did something happen ?" Baekhyun ask her with his head turned towards her direction. "Next week ?" She ask again to which Jae nods slowly, both had their attention focused on her. "Is there something wrong sweetheart ?"

SooHwa turns to look at him, a small pout naturally grows on her lips with her eyes turning sad. Jae studies her, it wasn't a sad expression. Its more of a sulky plus dispirited face she's making. "Then we can't make it to the mid autumn festival... Its next week as well." She talks in her pouts.

It doesn't take a lot to know that she's sporting a pout. Baekhyun takes a moment to digest the fact that she is possibly pouting from the fact that they can't be going to the mid autumn festival because he is starting his treatment soon. It almost made him chuckles but before he could explain to her that maybe they can go or at least, she can go; SooHwa speaks again.

"Its okay then, I guess we can still go next year or something." She wave them off before picking up her fruit as if nothing happens.

Although she doesn't show it or say it out loud, deep down she really felt disheartened. But its okay, the festival is a yearly activity. It'll come around next year where hopefully... she could still go with him. Baekhyun's health should come first. Above anything else.

She sighed internally, pushing the thoughts about the festival deep in her mind as she focus on her drama. "I think the assistant is bad guy." Diverting the topic back towards the drama.

"Really ?" Baekhyun pretends to have take her bait in changing topic. "How would you know now ?" There's a pressed tease on his lips as he tilt his head in her direction.

The glint in her eyes when she notice his tone causes Jae to scoffs at her face before looking down again, "Of course I know ! He had these weird look on his face." She said while making weird faces. As if he could even see her.

But Baekhyun just laughed. One day baby, one fine day. I wish to see all of you.

~*~

"So what do you say Sehun ? Are you up for it ?" Baekhyun ask the later, leaning back in his office chair with Sehun in front of him, separated by the black oak table. SooHwa is out in the kitchen with Mrs. Tae as per usual, or she would even be in her room, noticing that Sehun had arrived earlier. He doesn't answer right away, instead he look to the other male present in the room, Jae. 



As if sensing someone's gaze on him, he look up. Gave him his signature expressionless face before looking down on his works again. Sehun sighs, "I don't know hyung."

Baekhyun sits up straight, "Ohh come on ! Its just for the day, it doesn't take all of your weekend, hmm ?" He sports a hopeful cute look on his face, hoping that he would cave in and agree.

"But what if she doesn't want to go with me ? You told me she wants to go with you right ?" He nods immediately, "So then go with her." Baekhyun looks like he's about to strangle the male alive from his responses, so Jae butts in "Boss had schedules for his eye treatment at that time. It won't be possible for him to go with her."

Sehun turns to the older male, "You're not taking her with you ?" Baekhyun shakes his head, "It's going to take quite some times and I don't want to burden her to that extend."

Sehun exclaims, "Hyungg ! You're married to her, she is supposed to be by your side !" He even made hand gestures to the male, expressing himself off the frustration at how the older male is thinking.

Baekhyun stays silent, heaving a deep breath. As if there's a heavy burde

Please log in to read the full chapter