The Tough Request

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene hated asking anyone for a favour. It made her feel indebted. She had reached the compounds of Rose's school, pacing back and forth as she deliberated on the best method of convincing Wendy to act as her fiancee. Thousands of scenarios were playing in her head, and seeing how Wendy seemed to have an equally fiery temper as hers, Irene predicted the situation later on would not be easy for her to manage.

Then again, Irene was extremely powerful. Her employees feared her. They would often scramble to their desks upon hearing the clicking of her high heels. No one ever dared to look her in the eyes, their gazes when speaking to her were usually shifty, lips quivering and hands trembling. Irene honestly couldn't understand why. She had never thought of herself as someone so evil. Her employees seemed to view her as Cruella de Vil, the villain from the Disney film '101 Dalmations'.

Three years holding onto the title of Chief Operating Officer and Irene still couldn't fathom what made her become a figure so dreaded by many. Everyone in the company respected Jessica. Even Tiffany was loved by the people.

As for Yeri, the youngest of the three sisters, she barely had any presence in the company, mainly due to the fact that she was still an undergrad. Irene would also like to think that her wild sister led quite a promiscuous lifestyle. She probably spent her time popping cherries during semester breaks. Typical rich Yeri.

Seulgi used to tell Irene to "fix your Hitler attitude". Irene's reply was simple: " off, harlot."

Her intellectually inclined and exceptionally ually active colleague was an older version of Yeri. Both of them were womanizers. Terrible sense of commitment, to put it bluntly. They were constantly finding new caves of wonder to enter every other week. Birds of a feather flock together indeed.

The grating shrieks of the bell across the school compounds signalled the end of curriculum hours. That brought Irene back to reality, and she breathed in deeply, mustering every inch of courage in her cells to triumph over her enemy.

Oh it. If her employees would listen to her orders in a heartbeat, Irene was quite certain Wendy would do the same.

She walked ahead, head held high. Parents were streaming in to pick their children up, so Irene stood at the side, waiting for the coast to clear so that she could speak to Wendy privately.

"Aunt Irene!" Rose exclaimed, running to embrace said lady.

Irene returned the embrace with an awkward pat onRose's head. She did not see that coming, and wondered what devilish chants Wendy had drilled into her niece's mind. The children be damned having that sort of a teacher practising witchcraft. If Wendy could manipulate Rose into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter