The Thoughtless Answer

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun appeared very taken aback by Wendy's response, he certainly did not expect that coming from her. "Oh," he uttered, "I'm sorry I didn't know you were engaged, which was why I continued making advances." He seemed apologetic, embarrassed even, for trying to pursue an engaged woman.

Irene was about to open , but let out a whimper when she felt a hard pinch on her arm. She wanted to glare at Wendy, and unfortunately, she got attacked yet again -- Wendy had stepped on her foot. 

"It's fine," Wendy reassured Sehun, "You didn't know. I was at fault for not informing you."

Not wanting to make things anymore awkward for himself, Sehun added, "I'll get going then." He gave the pair a slight nod and left.

The moment Sehun was no longer in sight, Irene slapped Wendy's hand away, and gave a hard glare. Wendy usually wouldn't be affected by such glares, she had received a lot of them from rude children a.k.a the spoilt brats. However, there was something intense about Irene's angry glare that would make practically everyone cower in fear. 

"You had no right to tell that man such nonsense without my permission."

"I had no choice," Wendy tried to fire back, clearly failing miserably as her voice got softer by the last word.

Irene's gaze hardened even more. Wendy could basically see the veins popping out on Irene's forehead. "You had a choice," Irene seethed, gritting her teeth. "You had the choice to not have me involved."

"Okay, I'm sorry," Wendy apologized. She found it pointless to continue the argument. Irene was mad as hell, and she looked like she could punch Wendy any time. "It's just a white lie," the blonde mumbled further.

"You can have this," Irene added coldly, placing the jar of tomato paste which she had retrieved earlier into Wendy's cart, "I don't need a jar that's been polluted by you." She her heels and left.

This time, Wendy was the furious one. Oh how she really wished she could throw an uppercut at mad lady Irene.

Fantastic, her mood for the day was completely ruined. Thanks to Irene. She wheeled her cart forward, and found Joy still struggling to find check certain items off the checklist.

"Let's get take-out."

Joy beamed. "Great!" Upon noticing her friend's soured look, she asked, "Did something happen to you? You looked pissed as hell."

"I met Irene. She is so terrible I hope something bad happens to her," Wendy huffed in annoyance. "I swear the next time she picks up Rose, I am really going to give her one hell of a time until she begs Jess to retract her authorisation as Rose's guardian."

"Well, I am certainly looking forward to that. Ring the bell when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter