Hospital

Rush v2

Sehun gets along with every single member, and all of them teach him different things. Baekhyun and Junmyeon show him a bit about explosives, but not too many thanks to their fear the boy might blow himself up. Chanyeol teaches him more about shooting, Lay teaches him how to drive. Xiumin teaches him how to smuggle and steal small objects quickly while Chen teaches him about bare-handed self-defense; teaching him how to gamble on the down low; without Junmyeon’s knowledge. They both know he would freak out. D.O even gives Sehun a knife and proceeds to show him the many uses of how to use it; even though Sehun said he already knows how. Which he does.

 

With Kai still in the hospital two weeks later, the bullet wound much worse than they thought, the group can do nothing but train and prepare. But Sehun visits Kai every single day. He isn’t sure why he does and everyone says he’s fine. But he feels bad leaving him alone in that room; especially since he still feels at fault. He knows if he was in the hospital, he’d hate to be alone.

 

The black car that follows Sehun on the way to the hospital today makes him particularly paranoid. It had been following him for a few blocks now and he only glances at them from the corner of his eye. It drives behind him at a suspiciously slow pace with tinted windows to hide any appearances. He shrugs it off until he gets to the entrance. He stops when he hears car doors open but he doesn’t turn back to see who got out. He walks in with a quicker pace, using the few feet he has on them for an advantage. Sehun whips behind a wall near the staircase, ducking down low to get a good look at the men that walk in. He scoffs at the armbands; King’s men. “Trying to kill a hurt patient?” He mumbles to himself. “That’s pretty low.”

 

“We’re family of Kim Jongin,” One of them says. “We want to check up on him.” When Sehun spots the hidden gun on their waists, he takes that opportunity to run. He practically flies up the stairs, using the railings as momentum to help himself go faster. If he runs fast enough, he can reach the room before they can. As he runs, signs fly by him; first floor, second floor, third. On the fourth floor, Sehun almost trips sliding into the hall. He slams the door open to Kai’s room with his unharmed shoulder; practically ripping it off its hinges.

 

“Whoa!” Kai jolts a bit. “What the are you doing?”

 

“I just couldn’t wait to see your handsome face,” Sehun jokes before pulling his gun out from under his shirt. “King’s men came to finish the job.”

 

“They’re here?”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun replies. When Kai tries to get up, the boy pushes him back down. “Stay.” He grabs his phone and presses a number. Bringing it up to his ear, he waits.

 

“Hello, Sehun?

 

“Lay, bring the van to the hospital and wait for us outside. King’s men.” Without another word, Sehun hangs up and pockets it again. He pulls the spare gun he brought from his back, handing it to Kai.

 

“You carry two?” Kai asks as he watches Sehun unplug everything from the bed and anything connected to the leader. 

 

“Not usually,” Sehun admits. “D.O and I had a bad feeling today.” He goes to the bed and grabs the back. “Lay down,” He instructs before pushing it toward the door. He uses the edge of the bed to slam it open, pushing into the white, empty hallway. Sehun rushes him towards one of the elevators, beginning to panic when he hears the sound of the other elevator approaching. He hits the button as soon as the other doors open and a couple of men spill out. When he takes any shots at the men, he only aims for arms or knees- not wanting to kill anyone else, even if they’re being attacked. Kai, on the other hand, shoots to kill. He mows down one or two men in the front while Sehun shoots the ones in the back. As soon as the doors finally open, Sehun doesn’t hesitate to go to the front of the bed, protecting the boss occupying it. He pushes it back into the elevator with his foot, ignoring Kai’s grunt when it hits the back wall.

 

 “Look at you,” Kai laughs when the doors close. “You know how to properly hold a gun now.”

 

Sehun wipes the sweat from his forehead using the back of his hand. “Not a good time, Kai.”

 

“Call me boss, like everyone else.”

 

Sehun hands Kai his other gun before going back to behind the bed and gripping it tightly. “Nope.”

 

“But I’m your boss!”

 

Sehun just smirks down at Kai, remaining silent as they wait. He glances up and watches as the numbers go down. He tightens his grip. “Get ready.”

 

“I was born ready.”

 

“Is that why you got shot?”

 

Kai chuckles at that. “You’re a ing riot.”

 

Sehun slams the bed forward as soon as the doors open, causing it to run into the guts of a couple of men waiting for them. He looks over at the desk when he hears the screaming of a woman. One of the men yells at a nurse to stop ing screaming and points a gun at her head. Without thinking, he snatches one of the guns out of Kai's hand, pointing it toward the man. He doesn’t blink or hesitate when he pulls the trigger. The man goes limp, dropping like a heavy sack from the hole now in his forehead. The woman looks at Sehun, tears running from her eyes. And for a split second, he sees his mother. He stares back at her before tossing the gun back into Kai’s lap and runs toward the exit. “Did you know her?”

 

“No,” Sehun whispers. As soon as the black van drives up and the doors swing open, Sehun struggles as he forces the bed to swing to a stop. With the hospital bed now against the vehicle, Sehun wraps an arm around Kai’s waist and forces him out of bed onto the floor of the van. Kai curses when he hits the car floor. 

 

“!” 

 

Adrenaline pumps through him as Sehun kicks the bed away before climbing inside. He breathes heavily and falls against the side of the car after slamming it shut. “,” he pants breathlessly. He rolls onto his back and groans at the pain in his shoulder.

 

“Your shoulder still hurt?” Kai asks, eyeing him suspiciously, watching him rub it.

 

“Yeah,” he laughs weakly. “I dislocated it when you got shot. I guess its...still a bit sore.” Sehun tries to ignore the pain. “Did I hurt you?”

 

“A little,” Kai huffs, slowly sitting up. “But who the can anyone be pissed off at that?”

 

“What’re you talking about?”

 

“That ing stun you pulled! You shot our way out of the damn hospital.”

 

Sehun shrugs. “You killed most of them.”

 

“Nope,” Kai shakes his head. “I killed the dudes by the elevator, but the rest were on you.”

 

Sehun screws his eyes shut. “Don’t...tell me that.”

 

“We have not been followed,” Lay announces from the driver’s seat. “You two must have killed everyone.”

 

Kai groans. “Good.”

 

“Why’re you so out of breath, Sehun?” The driver asks.

 

“I just ran up three flights of stairs,” Sehun replies groggily. “I uh don’t usually run.”

 

“Not even in P.E?”

 

“I usually ditch,” He admits. He opens his eyes and looks over at Kai, down to his chest; trying to ignore the heat rising in his cheeks when he sees his abs. All of him tries to resist reaching out to feel them. “Uh...is your shoulder doing okay?”

 

“As well as yours is, hot-shot.” when the van arrives at the warehouse, Lay gets out to help the boss out but he puts a hand up. “My shoulder hurts, Lay. I can still walk.”

 

“But boss-”

 

“Yixing, thanks,” Kai smiles as he hops out.

 

Sehun and Kai almost sigh at the same time when Junmyeon storms out. “You should be at the hospital!” He shouts. “I swear to god, even if you're the goddamn boss-”

 

“King’s men attacked the hospital,” Kai interrupts as he heads inside. Sehun and Lay follow, leaving a confused Junmyeon in tow. “I guess the s decided to finish the job and if Sehun hadn't been there…”

 

“What?” Junmyeon looks over at Sehun. “What would have happened?”

 

Kai uses his fingers like guns and pretends to shoot himself in the head. “Bang! D.O’s your new leader.”

 

“Sehun’s an everyday badass,” Baekhyun jokes, wrapping an arm around Sehun’s shoulder- causing him to wince.

 

“Can we please not make a big deal out of it?” Sehun asks. “Maybe we should be more worried about you know...KING! How the hell did he find out about Kai? I didn’t say to him when we talked.”

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Kai puts up a hand. “You TALKED to King?”

 

“I’ll explain later.”

 

“What if he watched our warehouse?” Chanyeol asks. “Put two and two together when they didn’t see Kai?”

 

Sehun sighs. “He IS watching us. It only makes sense...but why didn’t he assume Kai died before he approached me?”

 

“Are you sure you’re not a spy?” Kai mumbles and Sehun glares.

 

“Are you ing kidding me, Kai? After I stopped you from bleeding and saved your from the hospital?! Maybe I’ve been slowly poisoning the food I sneak in for you!”

 

“Yeah, good point.”

 

“Look, my father’s a smart man,” Chanyeol speaks up. “He probably followed you guys to the hospital when the boss got shot.”

 

“I didn’t see him!” Chen exclaims. “How the !?”

 

“Maybe it’s like before,” D.O says as he comes down the stairs. “King disappears whenever he needs or wants to. If he doesn’t want to be found, he won’t be. If he doesn’t even want to be seen again,” The torturer sighs. “He won’t be.” 

 

Sehun sits beside Kai on the couch. “He can’t be that good, can he?”

 

“Yeah,” The boss leans back. “He is.”

 

“What...what’re we going to do?” Baekhyun asks nervously. He looks up when Chanyeol wraps an arm around his shoulders. 

 

“We can’t do much until Kai heals,” D.O points out.

 

“That’s not completely true,” Kai stands up, using the couch as support. He looks to Sehun with a raised brow. “We have a new member.”

 

“What?” Sehun looks at him in confusion.

 

“If King’s been watching us, he knows you’re in our gang,” He explains. “But none of his men, nor him, know who you are or what you’re capable of...we can use that to our advantage.”

 

"I"m not capable of anything! And the men in the hospital-"

 

"They're dead thanks to you," Kai interrupts. "And I know damn well what you're capable of."

 

"Face it, Sehun," D.O says. "You're a natural." As much as he wants to deny it, what happened back in the hospital, at the hotel, and even when helping Kai’s pull wound. It all feels natural.  He holds a gun in his hand and it just feels right. He watches as Kai heads over to the stairs and makes his way up them. 

 

"Where are you going?" Sehun asks.

 

"My bed," Kai says gruffly. He disappears up top, leaving them all to contemplate their next move.