My Time

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the rest of the day, Yeri sat at her desk with nothing else to do, but daydream about what could be. She knew it was wrong, but the dormant feelings she had for Namjoon were slowly growing every minute she watched him work. It didn’t help that she could see him clearly from her desk through the glass door right in front of her. He was especially visible whenever he leaned forward on his desk to contemplate on whatever he was working on, his shoulders broadening every time he took a deep breath to clear his thoughts.

“Why are you so perfect,” she sighed.

Just then, he looked out the glass and made eye contact with her. She gasped in response and quickly turned away, pretending to be busy with something on her computer, which she quickly regretted doing, considering how obvious it was. Her phone rang suddenly, and she became embarrassed. She knew it had to be from him, but then it got worse when she looked up and saw him with the phone to his ear, waving at her. She groaned before picking up the phone.

“Yes, CEO,” she answered sweetly into the phone as if nothing happened.

“Oh, Secretary Kim,” his voice was just as alluring as she remembered, “can you come in here?”

 “Y-yes sir,” she walked into the office with cautious steps, “yes?”

“Jungkook told me that you two were going to investigate more tonight.”

“Yes.”

“I just wanted to hear what your plan was.”

“Well, since I got myself into some trouble last night, I thought it’d be best if I took a different approach to finding Ok Taeyong. I was able to look up online last night that their club closes at one in the morning, so we’re going to stake out across the street until their staff leaves and then we’ll be able to find time to get close to him.”

“Good,” he cleared his throat and took a deep breath, “I like this plan… don’t try what you did last night, I don’t want you to get hurt, okay? Just play it safe and don’t risk anything.”

“I understand.”

He smiled at her, “good girl.”

She blushed at the sight of his dimples and lost her breath when they made eye contact. He couldn’t be more perfect than this, she thought to herself. That was until he stood up, rolled up his sleeve even more, revealing the veins in his forearm and then walked over to her with a folder.

“Here,” he handed it to her, “I marked some things that you could change or add to your resume that would help with a journalist internship or job… take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions.”

She didn’t respond but continued to stare at him in awe for a few seconds.

“Secretary Kim,” he whispered to her once more, “here, take it.”

“Y-y-yes sir… thank you,” she slowly grabbed the folder and blushed even more.

“You can go,” he went back to his desk, “I’ll be leaving early today to meet with my parents before my trip, so feel free to take off whenever you finish your work.”

“Yes,” she tried to leave his office acting normal, but completely failed when she got back to her desk and giggled to herself like a schoolgirl.

She opened the folder and looked at the resume that was marked all over, then grinned to herself. She didn’t know how to react at the sight of her resume; whether she should be offended that he marked so many things or grateful for the fact that he’d done that for her, but she was content with what he’d given her and decided then that she had to work harder to write the perfect article just for him.

An hour later, Jungkook was called to Namjoon’s office, passing by Yeri’s desk.

“Oh, Jungkook-ah,” she stood to welcome him, “what are you doing here?”

“Mr. CEO asked me to come here.”

“For what?”

“I don’t know,” without waiting for her to respond, he walked into the office.

“Oh, Jungkook-ah,” Namjoon welcomed him into the office, “shut the door behind you.”

“Yes, sir,” he closed the door and then went to stand in front of Namjoon with his hands folded in front of his body.

“Aiyo, be casual, you don’t have to be so serious with me.”

“No, we’re in the office, I should conduct myself.”

“Eh, it’s just me.”

“No, I have to be professional.”

Namjoon chuckled, “I’m going out of the country soon.”

“Yes, I’ve heard… I already assembled the travel team and have gathered everyone’s passport, we’re ready to go.”

“Actually, I want you to stay here.”

“But I’m the lead on travel security…”

“No, it’s okay, I’ll have Taehyung lead this time. I want you to stay and keep an eye on Secretary Kim.”

“But…”

“I’m scared she’ll get hurt again… this is a really big story that she’s working on.”

“Mr. CEO, if I may?”

“Go on?”

“It’s such a big story… why’d you give it to Secretary Kim when she’s not even a journalist?”

He smiled, “good question… this story is very important, yes… so depending on how it’s handled, it could save her career or completely destroy her.”

Jungkook was confused, “then why would you do that to her?”

“This is really interesting,” he leaned on his desk and chuckled, “this is the first time you’ve ever seemed worried about someone.”

“Hyung, don’t change the subject.”

“What,” he sat up straight, “are we being casual now?”

“Hyung… uh, Mr. CEO…”

“Forget it,” Namjoon stood up and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, “I want to test her skills and maybe even give her a chance to move up in the world, but I need you to keep an eye on her and keep her out of trouble as much as possible, can you do that?”

He nodded, “yes, I’ll be sure to do so.”

After he came out of Namjoon’s office, Yeri stopped him, “what happened? Even the shades were closed.”

“Nothing happened,” he responded coldly, “for the stakeout tonight, meet me in front of the building. We’ll go together.”

“Okay,” she responded in shock as he walked away.

Later that day, Jungkook stood outside the building waiting for her with his hands stuffed in his pockets, standing nonchalantly to the side of the door as people passed him, every girl staring at him as they walked by.

“Why isn’t she coming,” he asked to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter