Sometimes

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music continued to blast through the building as the rookie girl group performed on stage. Yeri kept her eyes glued on Seulgi while Jungkook carefully glimpsed at Jimin every now and then. As soon as the girls finished their performance and left the stage, she grabbed his hand.

“Come on,” she stood up and pulled him to the bar.

“What are you doing?”

“We need to blend in and find a way to get to her.”

“Alright,” he obediently followed her, “what’s your plan?”

“Can I get a cosmo,” she shouted to the bartender and then turned back to him, “we need to find out how Mr. P is hooked up with Kang Seulgi… if he’s trying to get with her tonight, then we have to catch it before anything happens.”

“That’ll be tough.”

“Why is that?”

“He’s going to be protected every minute until the moment he gets her alone… that’s just how it is.”

She sighed, “there’s got to be a way to find out when they’re meeting.”

“Just a minute… I see something,” he peeked at Jimin, who was slipping the bar manager a note, “I think he’s taking action right now… I’ll be back.”

“Okay!”

He slyly snuck into the back after the manager as Yeri went back to her seat. A few minutes later, Jungkook returned triumphantly with a note in his hand.

“How’d you get that,” she was amazed.

“I have my ways,” he opened it and read, “’meet me in karaoke room 3, where we usually meet’.”

“A karaoke room,” she groaned in disgust, “that’s just not classy or sanitary.”

He chuckled at her comment, “I don’t think that’s where they do it.”

She smiled in response and then pulled out a napkin and pen.

“What are you doing,” he asked while she wrote frantically on the note.

“If he wants to meet in room 3, then I’ll just slip a note to her to meet in another room,” she waved to a waiter and slipped him the note, mentioning that she was told by Mr. P to pass the note along.

“How do you know if that’ll get to her?”

“I don’t,” she smirked, “but I figured if I tossed out Mr. P’s name, then it’ll at least get back to the manager.”

“Good thinking…”

“So, later, I’ll go see her and you can go see Mr. P… keep him occupied.”

“Ugh, why do I have to go distract him?”

“Do you want me to go?”

He considered for a second, “no…”

“That’s what I thought.”

Just then, Ok Taeyong secretly approached their table with a black cap and a hoodie.

“Miss,” he whispered to her.

“Oh, Taeyong-ssi… I was wondering where you were… why are you dressed like that?”

“Oh, I’m not supposed to work today and if we’re caught, points will be docked from our employee scoreboard,” he was cautious, “did you find out anything important?”

“Actually, we’re in the middle of investigating right now,” she leaned in, “don’t worry… I’m meeting Seulgi in a karaoke room later.”

“Oh,” he was taken aback, “you know that it’s Kang Seulgi?”

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry… we had to know who she was so that we could properly investigate the claims… we won’t get her too involved, just ask her a few questions.”

“Oh sure… which room are you meeting in?”

“Room 6,” she responded, “he’s meeting Park Jimin in room 3 where they usually meet.”

“In a karaoke room,” he was appalled, “that’s disgusting!”

“I know right?”

“Well,” he looked around, “thank you for doing that.”

In a split second, he was running down a dark hallway and disappeared like a ghost.

“Okay,” she looked at her watch and turned back to Jungkook, “we know where our people are going… question is; when do they plan on meeting?”

“Looks like he’s heading somewhere now,” he stood up, “I’m going to follow him.”

“Okay, then I’ll leave too.”

“Yah,” he grabbed her hand before she walked off, “be careful… call me if something happens.”

“Okay,” she smiled, “don’t worry too much, I’ll be fine.”

He smiled and followed Jimin to the other side of the building, while she exited the balcony and made her way to the staircase and up to the karaoke bar. She was cautious with her steps as she approached Karaoke room 6, unsure of what to expect or who to expect. She froze in front of the door and took a deep breath before entering. When she finally peeked in, a smile appeared on her face.

“Kang Seulgi-ssi,” she asked to confirm.

“Y-yes,” Seulgi responded with a nervous tone, “who are you?”

“Hello,” she entered and shut the door behind her, “I’m Kim Yerim from Worldwide Times… I’m sorry for the abrupt intrusion, but I had a few questions and was hoping that we could have a conversation.”

“Oh,” Seulgi scoffed, obviously irritated at her, “please take it up with my agent… you’re invading my privacy here.”

“Please,” she tried to reason, “I just have a few questions and would also like to help your situation.”

“What do you know about my situation?”

Just as she was about the inquire more, the door opened behind her, “oh, Taeyong-ssi, what are you doing here?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter