A Good Start

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning when Jungkook finally woke up to his biological clock. He stretched and rumbled around for a good minute before remembering the body next to him in his bed. A wide smile spread across his face as he turned to his side and studied the beautiful hair that splayed all over his pillow. The memories of what transpired in his bed the night before returned to him like a well-accomplished movie, making him blush and burn up with a desire to pull her into his arms. He reached up to run his hand through her hair, but then froze when she grumbled and rolled over to face him.

Her face was even more breathtaking in the morning after a good lovemaking, he thought to himself. She was peaceful and slept with an undisturbed expression. She looked almost heavenly, like an angel who was here to guide his soul back to earth. His eyebrows lifted slowly as he tried to figure out how he’d gotten so lucky in this lifetime. He obviously didn’t deserve her, but then how did he end up with her?

While he was deep in his thoughts, she fluttered her eyes open and immediately smiled at him.

“Oh, Jungkook-ah,” she mumbled and pulled the blanket up to cover her chest, her face burning up.

He smiled lovingly at her, “good morning.”

“G-good morning,” she sighed with content.

He took a deep breath, dug his arm under her head, and then pulled her onto his chest for an embrace. Her hand moved to rest on his bare chest as she nudged her cheek into his shoulder.

“How was your sleep,” he brushed the back of his fingers against her cheek.

“Hm,” she drew circles on his chest with her finger, “it was less comfortable than I thought it would be.”

He looked down at her with a confused expression, “really? Why’s that?”

“You wouldn’t let me sleep,” she glared up at him with an amused expression, “you kept waking me up, remember?”

He laughed and definitely remembered making love to her two more times after their first in the middle of the night, “that’s right.”

She grinned, “but other than the lack of sleep, I quite enjoyed it.”

“I’m glad,” he brushed the bridge of her nose, “so, what are your plans today?”

“My plans,” she got up and leaned her chin on top of her hands on his chest, “I guess I didn’t really have any plans yet.”

“Well, then that’s perfect. Let’s go on a date today.”

“On a date?”

“Yeah, why not? It’s still the weekend and we really should celebrate the start of our relationship.”

She nodded in agreement before realizing something, “wait… you didn’t really ask me to be your girlfriend yesterday.”

“What,” he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her in confusion, “what do you mean?”

“You never really asked me to be your girlfriend,” she lifted her head to study his reaction, “you just said that I was your girlfriend and assumed that I would accept that title.”

He was glaring at her, “don’t you dare say that.”

Without a warning, he turned her over and pinned her underneath him.

“Y-yah,” she gasped and tried to put space between them by curling up her arms against his chest, “what are you doing?”

“You can’t change my mind,” he gazed at her with a smug grin, “what’s done is done. You’re mine. Besides, you were pretty clear about wanting me to ask you out last night, so doesn’t that technically count as a ‘yes’?”

She blushed, “I wasn’t clear about anything.”

“Let me try to recall what happened,” he leaned on his elbow and confidently announced, “I distinctly remember that you were wanting me to ask you… and I was going to, but you tempted me, and then you distracted me.”

“Tempted you,” she was appalled, “distracted?”

“Yes,” he leaned down and stole a kiss, “you were tempting from the day I met you.”

She was speechless against his flirtatious acts. There was no way she would ever beat him in this kind of battle. He was too handsome, too stoic, and too ironically soft at the same time.

“And yes,” he continued, “you distracted me… all night long.”

Her face burned up uncontrollably as she tried to keep her thoughts intact, but utterly failed, shuddering once more when he ran his fingers up her arm and onto her shoulder. She’d never get enough of this, she thought to herself. He chuckled and then pulled away.

“We should get up,” he jumped out of bed, “and grab some breakfast.”

His sudden movement to stand made her gasp and giggle as she turned away to avoid seeing his overly body. She shrieked in a feminine and innocent way before he turned and tossed her shirt to her.

“What are you so shy for,” he laughed, “get up. I’ll go to the bathroom first.”

She smiled at him as he left the room to get ready for their day.

Half-an-hour later, he was digging through his almost-empty fridge in search of something to hydrate himself with, then settled for a cup of bitter coffee.

“That’s horrible,” he winced at the taste.

“What is,” she asked from behind him.

He turned and saw her standing delicately in the middle of his apartment with her soft and luscious hair spread across her gentle shoulders.

“Oh, the coffee,” he set the cup into the sink, “apparently, I can’t make coffee.”

“Neither can I,” she chuckled and then walked toward the foyer, “I’m going home first, okay?”

“Wait,” he frowned and followed her to the door, “don’t you want to go on a date with me today?”

She put on her coat and smiled at him, “of course, I do… but I want to go home and clean up. Can we go later today?”

“Of course,” he understood her, “I’ll pick you up at three?”

“Okay,” she beamed at him before turning to leave.

He felt a tug in his gut.

“Wait,” he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

“What is it?”

He gripped her chin with his thumb and index finger, then leaned down to give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter