Begin

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how long are you going to laze around like a sack of potatoes,” Suhyun asked Yeri.

She was sitting quietly on the couch with a blank face, “I have nothing to do.”

“What do you mean?”

“All I’ve had is my job; I’ve been dedicating every single hour of every day for the last few months for this and now I have to just sit here until I ‘get better’… what does that even mean?”

“Well, it’s only been a day,” Saeron handed her a cup of tea, “don’t push yourself too hard.”

“I mean,” she sat up, “I don’t even feel that much pain anymore.”

“Let me see,” Suhyun poked her .

“Ow,” she jerked away, “that hurt.”

“Your boss definitely won’t let you go back to work.”

She groaned and frowned, “I know right?”

“Just stay still and heal first.”

“Or,” she sat up, “maybe I can just stop by for a bit, you know?”

“Don’t even think about it.”

She stood up and ran to get ready in her room, “I won’t be gone for long, just want to make sure I have everything.”

“Are you really going,” Suhyun ran after her.

“Yes,” she popped out again and walked out of the apartment after getting dressed faster than they could retaliate, “I’ll be right back, okay?”

When she got to work, everything was still where it was as if she never left. She walked over and sat in her chair gently to ease the pain of moving around so much and then her computer. The emails were surprisingly tamed and seemed to have been taken care of though she knew it wasn’t her.

Just then, Joohyun popped around the corner, “oh, Secretary Kim, I thought you weren’t going to be in for a while?”

“Oh, Manager Bae,” she stood up and smiled, “I couldn’t stay still.”

“Well, you should rest some more… I heard you were really hurt.”

“It’s just a minor bruise, nothing too bad,” she sat down again, “did you take care of the emails?”

“Oh yeah, the CEO asked if I could come back to help since you were healing.”

“I hope it’s not too much trouble for you.”

“No, it’s not… it’s my job to help around the office,” Joohyun glanced into the office, “did you go say hi?”

“Not yet, I just got here.”

Just then, Namjoon came out into the hallway, “Secretary Bae, did you get the list of stockholders I asked from you?”

“Yes, I did,” Joohyun handed him the folder in her hand.

“Oh,” he finally looked up at the desk, “Secretary Kim, what are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t stay away from work.”

He went over and leaned over the counter of her desk and smiled, “how are you feeling?”

“A lot better,” she blushed with both her hands gathered on her lap, “thank you for asking.”

“Well, I’m really glad to see you,” he chuckled and stood up straight, “but you better go home this instant.”

“I promise I won’t get hurt again,” she pleaded with him, “I just want to work.”

“I’m happy that you want to work, but we have everything under control here and the doctor was pretty clear that you’d need at least a week to rest up and heal.”

“You won’t let me even just answer calls here?”

“Yeri-ah,” Joohyun finally spoke up, “listen to your boss… he’s just looking out for you.”

“I know,” she pouted.

He chuckled and smiled at her adorable expression, “please just go home and I’ll see you in a week, okay?”

“Alright,” she stood up and grabbed her jacket, “but just so you know, I may not be working as your secretary for very long.”

“What,” he froze in shock, “what do you mean?”

“I’m going to be journalist.”

“Oh, so you are submitting an application,” he placed his hands on his hips and smiled at her.

“Of course, I am,” she strutted out, “I’m working hard on it and I promise I’ll be a great journalist, so please review my application well.”

He chuckled, “alright, alright, go home already!”

“Okay,” she smiled and finally walked away, “I’ll see you two in a week.”

“Get well soon!”

Before she left, she decided to stop at the security office to see Jungkook. She approached the door, her nerves becoming sensitive for some reason as she slowly opened the door and peeked in to check her surroundings.

“Excuse me,” she asked the security guard at the first desk.

Taehyung glanced at her and smiled, “can I help you?”

“Yes, I’m looking for Jeon Jungkook,” she slowly entered the office, “is he here?”

“Oh, let me see,” he bit his bottom lip and thought for a second, “who are you again?”

“I’m Kim Yerim, the CEO’s secretary,” she smiled gently, “a friend of Jungkook’s…”

“Oh,” he nodded and peeked at the glass window behind her, then chuckled.

“What is it,” she turned to look at the glass, but didn’t see anything.

Jungkook was kneeling under the window on the other side of the wall, quietly listening to hear what they were saying. He didn’t know what came over him, but he was sure that he couldn’t see her right now. Just a few minutes ago, he’d walked in on a little huddle between Namjoon, Yeri and Joohyun, and couldn’t help but notice the spark between his two friends. Yeri had a beautiful smile and Namjoon was completely infatuated with her sweetness, which was only normal. He didn’t want to assume anything was going on between his two friends, but at the same time, he knew Namjoon and knew what he was like.

“He’s not here right now,” Taehyung got her attention again, “can I leave a message?”

“Um, no, it’s okay,” she turned to leave, but then decided to come back, “actually, can you tell him to text me back?”

“Oh, yeah, sure… definitely.”

“Thanks,” she smiled and then left the office.

A few minutes later, he finally came into the office and sat down next to Taehyung.

“What was th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter