Hold My Hand

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hours of researching about the heir of CNS and Kang Seulgi in the hotel room, all Yeri could connect between the two was the fact that although the heir would be taking over as the Marketing Director of CNS in a few months and would be considered the richest, most eligible bachelor in the country, he was still choosing to be a partner over at Moonlight Bar. He obviously didn’t need to stay at the bar for the money, so why was he still sticking around? Her only conclusion was either because had planned on leaving CNS for his own business within the year, or that he had someone he cared about attached to the bar.

Ugh! Why are you really there?

Even with the possibility of staying for Kang Seulgi in mind, it wasn’t enough to rule out the fact that he could’ve been just a sicko who was too for his own good. Annoyed at the fact that she’d hit a roadblock at this point, she sat up in bed and turned to see what Jungkook was doing, which was basically nothing as he slept on the couch on the opposite end of the hotel room.

“Excuse me, Jeon Jungkook-ssi,” she said to him with attitude, “did you come here to just sleep?”

“Yeah,” he kept his eyes closed, “why?”

“Don’t you see me doing all this work over here?”

“So?”

“Aren’t you going to help me?”

“What can I help you with?”

“I don’t know,” she became frustrated, “why are you even here if you’re not going to help?”

He groaned and sat up, “I’m supposed to just protect you… I’m not the best with writing or researching, so I’m afraid I can’t help you on that part.”

He fell back onto the couch as she sat there with agape, in shock of how arrogantly lazy he was.

“Fine,” she sighed and then threw a pillow at him, “can you at least go get us food?!”

“Alright, alright,” he chuckled and then grabbed his jacket, “I’ll be back.”

“Grab me a coffee too!”

“Okay.”

As soon as he left the room, she stood up and walked over the couch, then laid down.

“Wow,” she stretched her body, “how is it so much more comfortable than the bed?”

In just a few minutes, she’d fallen into a deep sleep with a pillow in her arms; she’d done almost nothing but research the entire day, but her body still felt fatigued. Compared to staying indoors, she always preferred to get into the field and do physical research, which was probably why she fell asleep so easily without doing anything exhausting the entire day.

“I’m back,” Jungkook walked into the room with a bag of food in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, “I hope you like americano.”

He froze in place as soon as he lifted his head toward the bed; she was gone.

“Where did she go now,” he wondered for a second before turning to find her sleeping on the couch.

He quietly placed everything onto the coffee table, grabbed the blanket from the bed and gently covered her, then casually sat on the chair across from the couch. Watching her sleep was so mesmerizing and interesting because it was only now that he noticed how small she really was; she was curled up in a ball and held a soft pillow that was half her size so tightly in her arms. To distract himself from continuing to watch her, he went over to the water heater and started cooking his cup noodles, then came back and started eating.

A second later, her nose curled, and she sniffled, “hm… food…”

Her sudden words made him choke on his noodles as he spilled broth all over his jacket and pants. He tried to muffle his laughter with the back of his hand but failed miserably and exploded.

“Oh, Jungkook-ah,” she groaned at the sound of his laughter and sat up, “you’re back?”

“Yeah,” he said in between coughs, “I just got back.”

 She looked around with her eyes squinted, “what’s so funny?”

He chuckled again at the fact that she didn’t know what she’d done, then stood up, took off his jacket and walked over to the bathroom.

“N-nothing,” he wheezed and tried to calm himself down.

“Are you okay,” she studied the broth that he spilled on the table, “what happened?”

“Nothing happened.”

She thought for a long second before gasping, “wait… d-did I talk in my sleep?”

He laughed out loud and fell to the ground as she covered her burning face. She loved hearing him laugh but also couldn’t believe she’d done something so embarrassing at the same time.

“W-what did I say,” she finally asked when he came back to sit down.

“Food,” he was still softly chuckling, “you said, ‘food’.”

“I-I said food?”

She looked around and then her stomach growled as she stared down at the cup noodles.

“Oh my god,” she groaned and covered her face again, “I said food…”

“Yeah,” he sighed in exhaustion from the laughing, “you must be so hungry.”

He stood up and walked over to heat up more water.

“Stop teasing me,” she groaned, shamelessly grabbed a cup noodle and joined him at the water heater, “I haven’t eaten all day.”

He couldn’t stop smiling at how precious she was, standing there with the cup noodles tightly pressed against her chest.

“Are you okay,” she pointed to his pants which were still wet.

“Oh, yeah,” he brushed it off, “it’s just a little wet… it’ll dry in no time… your hunger though, we need to fix.”

“Yah,” she whined and slammed the cup on the table, “stop it!”

“Alright, alright,” he laughed one last time before pouring the hot water into her cup and carried it back to the coffee table.

“How long have you been gone, by the way,” she joined him at the coffee table and sat across from him.

“About thirty minutes… closest shop was two blocks away.”

“Oh,” she rummaged through the bags, “what else did you get?”

She gasped happily at the sight of the coffee and then took a sip.

“Ugh,” she winced at the bitterness and glared at him, “so bitter!”

“Oh, my bad,” he secretly smiled, obviously knowing that she preferred sweeter drinks, like cappuccinos.

“You,” she pointed at him, “you’re purposely doing this, aren’t you?”

“What?”

“Teasing me and joking around,” she slammed the coffee onto the table, “you already know I like sweeter drinks.”

He chuckled and ignored her, “did you find any worthy information with all your researching?”

“Tsk, trying to change the subject,” she forgave him and changed her attitude, “I didn’t find anything new… Mr. P… the heir, is still rich, young and handsome as hell… Kang Seulgi is still a rookie, sponsored by a bar that he has shares on, and that’s it…”

“Hm, that’s not much to go on,” he sighed and studied her paperwork.

“Tell me about it,” she crossed her arms, “he’s powerful so no one wants to touch him and she’s a rookie at a pretty well-known company, so she’ll be protected well too…”

“Are you sure they’ll be at the bar tonight then?”

“Well, that’s actually the only good news I have… he’s always there, so I am pretty sure he’ll be there tonight, and her group is scheduled to do a showcase there as well.”

“Looks like luck is on your side then.”

“I know right,” she looked at her watch, “we got about half-an-hour before the bar opens, so we should figure out how to get in.”

“Can’t you just go in?”

“Well, the manager knows who I am and what I look like now… they won’t let a journalist in for no reason.”

“That’s true…”

“Wait,” she realized something, “how’d you get in last time?”

“What do you mean?”

“You were there to save me last time, remember,” she was confused, “how’d you get in?”

“I just paid the general price and went in…”

“That’s it,” she exclaimed excitedly, “we’ll just say that you’re a VIP guest that I’m doing PR on, and then no one will turn me away.”

“What makes you think they’ll just let me in too? They’ll just turn both of us away…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter