4AM

Half and Half

Four in the morning, Taehyung wakes up. No particular reason, he just does. He always wakes up around four, it's been happening for years now and he chooses to just deal with it. Usually, when he wakes up, he'll just lay down until he relaxes enough to close his eyes again. Taehyung thinks it may be from an event that happened when he was young.

At age six, he was awoken at four in the morning by the sound of an ear-piercing scream. When he went to check to see what the scream was, he saw his mother in a pool of blood. Stepping closer gave him the view of a hybrid was laying near her, completely unrecognizable and surrounded in blood. Taehyung has gotten over the traumatization and he's been over it since he was sixteen, but he still wakes up around this time.

He was almost completely asleep when a loud banging was heard on his door. It would knock about a hundred times a second, give a two-second interval, then repeat. After the fifth knock, and several attempts to block the noise out, the knock only got even more intense and a voice followed after.

"Uh, Taehyung! We've got a bit of a problem."

Taehyung groans at the voice of his brother Jimin not being specific enough for him to move. Deciding not to move, the knocking stops for about ten seconds before hearing Jimin's whining voice and knocks again.

"Taehyung~!"

"FINE! Just-...please stop whining!" He replies.

Taehyung rolls out of bed and lands on the floor with a loud thump, then sluggishly walks to the back of the door to grab his robe and slippers. He takes a deep breath before opening the door, seeing as how the last time Jimin woke him up early in the morning was because he was hungry and didn't want to bother the cooks.

He opens the door to find Jimin still in a robe and pajamas, guiltily smiling at Taehyung. The older boy just stands there shifting his weight on and off of his heels, not saying anything. Taehyung looks down both ends of the hallway then looks back to Jimin.

"What?" He asks.

Jimin takes a deep breath, still shifting his weight on his heels. "Dooon't~ get mad. Please."

Taehyung eyes him for a few seconds then crosses his arms in front of him. "What did you do?"

"Just, come here," Jimin says then begins to rush down the stairway, telling Taehyung to do so, too.

Jimin moves at a worrying speed for being woke up at four in the morning. What did he do? What did someone else do? Reaching the end of the stairway, Jimin changes direction and runs, not towards the front door, but to the back of the mansion. He almost runs into several vases and tables since he changed his speed to running instead of speed-walking, leaving Taehyung to quickly save each of them before they hit the ground.

Jimin reaches the back door that leads to the garden, the breakfast garden, and the maze. The sky, just barely turning a deep navy blue, losing the tiny specks of glitter that shine in every square centimeter of the atmosphere. For half a second, the morning salty air invaded his nostrils and made his muscles relax. It made him think about when he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep at four in the morning, the maids were kind enough to make him coffee, a muffin, a bowl of fresh berries. 

Or when he didn't want to bother the maids so he woke himself up by going in the maze until sunrise. He usually found his way out before that, however. Sometimes he would wake up his brother, Namjoon, and challenge him since his brother was so intelligent. He snaps out of the relaxing bliss and old memories to catch up to his brother. Jimin turns left, towards the side of the mansion with Taehyung's room. He runs a little bit faster and finally stops when he's right under Taehyung's room window.

Taehyung wonders why he stopped here until he saw the crowd of maids, butlers, and the rest of his brothers around the bushes, the very bushes he heard a noise coming from last night. He walks closer to the crowd and pushes through to get to the center, but stops all movement when he sees what they were looking at.

"Oh my God..."