A Kind Teacher

Half and Half

Cat.

It's called a cat. Well, Lisa now knew that she was chasing a cat, she left her shoes in the ballroom, and she painted something in the art room, but she didn't know where the cat was leading her. This time, the cat dashed to the front of the house towards the giant set of spiraling stairs up to every floor. The cat began the trip up the stairs, and Lisa thought it was going back to her bedroom until the cat continued to run up the stairs past that floor. Lisa was glad she wasn't wearing her shoes anymore, because her feet really hurt, now.

The cat stops on the top floor, sitting at the top of the stairs and staring at Lalisa. When the cat hybrid reached the top of the stairs, she took a short breath and picked up the cat. When she comes back up, she immediately sees the large, glass walls that stretched far into the hallway. She didn't need to open the door to see what was held inside. Tall and elegant shelves of books had lined up every space available with some space in between them. She opens the door to look inside and gets a whaff of a fresh linen scent. She looks around the spacious room and is amazed at everything she sees, from the fluffy red carpet to the enormous blue chandelier on the ceiling.

She walked deeper into the large room, running her hands over every book in the same row, and had discovered that there were sections of bookshelves in different colors. Signs were hanging over every group of colored bookshelves. She could read a few of them but didn't know what they meant. She sat her friend down again, but this time it stayed right next to her while stretching and its paw. She picks a book that had a light blue cover and begins to flip through it. Most of these words were things she couldn't read, but she eventually came to a page with a picture of a human and some text. She could read that.

"Humans and animals are actually alike in many ways. We are both animals. Every animal has a weakness. Every animal has feelings. Every animal has a mental capacity. Every animal has a gender. We are very much alike."

"Gender..?" Lalisa whispers to herself before closing the book and stuffing it under her arm. She then promptly picks up the cat by its bottom. The cat begins to squirm and screech as Lisa began to look for a certain article. She smiles and gasps, placing the cat on the ground again and making it face her.

"Boy!" She jumps into a soldier position while pointing at the cat while smiling. It-...He looks upset. She then points to herself while kneeling down. "Girl. You are a boy, I'm a girl."

The cat turns then goes back to himself. Lisa goes through the book again and tries to read as much as she can understand. She starts to walk down the aisle with the cat lazily following her. She couldn't read very much of the book, but she was starting to understand it a little bit. She wanted to maybe take the book to her room later, but that would be stealing. As she walked, she came across another door that had glass walls. In fact, the entire room, including the ceiling, was made of glass apart from the carpet. On the other side of the door was a balcony. The balcony had pretty vases with flowers in them on every corner and a small table with a jar of candy in it. The sun had already risen and the ocean was glistening beneath the sun's rays. There was a roof over the balcony that had a bench swing attached to it, to which a man was sitting in.

She silently walked up to the swing and peeked around to see who was slowly swinging in it. It was the man who had helped her up earlier this morning. He was reading a small book with a brown cover and slightly moving his feet back and forth to swing. Lisa had been trying to see what he was reading when the cat scurried over her feet, making her jump into the swing out of instinct. She had thought it was a mouse that ran. Taehyung jumps at the sound of her squeal and laughs when she grabs onto the armrest for dear life. He saw the cat had stopped right in front of them starting at Taehyung.

"Well, hello," Taehyung turns to look at Lisa who had begun to swing once she got comfortable and realized it was just the cat. "I see you're doing well."

Lisa nods while slowing her swinging speed a bit. "Happy! You have big and fun house!"

"You're happy here?" Taehyung asks with a genuine smile.

"Yes. I like your house," Lisa reaches down with her arms extended towards the cat. He jumps up into her lap and makes himself comfy almost immediately. "And I like this cat."

"You," Taehyung leans over and points to the cat. "How did you get in this time?"

"He! He's a boy! See?" Lisa picks up the cat again, this time it's unbothered, and shows Taehyung his stomach.

Taehyung laughs and takes the cat out of her hands to sit it in between them. Taehyung begins to pet it's fur, giving the cat a reason to pur itself asleep.

"What's your name?" Taehyung asks himself, not noticing Lisa hearing him who went back to trying to read her book.

The hybrid looks up, puzzled. She smiles brightly and points to herself, almost yelling her name. "Lalisa!!"

Taehyung laughs. "Well nice to meet you, Lalisa, but I was talking about the cat. He doesn't have a collar around his neck."

"Collar? What's that?" She asks.

"Yes, a collar. A collar is something that goes around his neck and has his name on it."

Lisa looks down at her necklace. She holds it up and turns it around to read the writing on it. She points to the necklace while looking at Taehyung. "Collar?"

Taehyung looks up to Lisa and looks at her necklace. At first, it was a brief look to see if her name was there, and he looked back down. However, less than a second later, he looks back up when he catches something.

The writing was not in Korean, English, Japanese, or any other language he knew. In fact, this writing was very strange and he couldn't match it up to any language. Except one. A very, very old language that his grandfather's generation of hybrids used. No one could ever crack what it meant. They couldn't break it down or translate it. It was much too complicated. It clearly consisted if an alphabet, but it seemed there were over one hundred and twenty letters in the alphabet. That seemed highly impossible, but he's heard two hybrids speak to each other in the language before.

However, the hybrids were forced to stop teaching their young the language and, instead, were forced to learn Korean. Which makes it entirely insane that the language is sitting right here on her necklace, and it looks fairly new and shiny.

"Where did you get this-," Taehyung reaches over to get a better look at the necklace when Lisa pulls it back. Taehyung immediately pulls his hand back and goes back to petting the cat. "I'm sorry. That's just a very pretty necklace and..."

Taehyung notices Lisa's toes curl up and wonders why he can see her toes in the first place. "Where are your shoes?"

"The ballroom. Next to the piano. I liked that room. It was big and the piano made pretty sounds. I like the food room, too."

"The food room?" Taehyung loses interest in the necklace. "Where's that?"

"With the hot and yummy food sitting in grey bowls on the black squares." Lisa's stomach behind to rumble at the memory of the food.

Taehyung thought for a moment. "The kitchen?"

"Kit...chin?"

"Yes, that's where the food is made. And it sounds to me that you're hungry," Taehyung picks up the cat and hands it to her. "Shall we get going?"

Lisa hops off of the swing with the cat in hand. "We're going to eat?"

"Yup, I'm starving and I'm sure you are, too."

They begin their journey out of the library as Lisa stuffed the book in her purse. Taehyung asks her what she was going to name the cat since he explained that it was always here at the mansion. She begins to pet the cat while thinking when it looks up at her, staring at her. Lisa notices this and stops in her tracks. She stares the cat in the eyes for no apparent reason to Taehyung, and becomes almost inanimate. She then held the cat under its arms and pulled it close to her face. Taehyung, confused, decides to stand there and wait for her to keep walking. After ten seconds of staring, Lisa gasps and places the cat back in her arms to pet it.

"Yalngjeymwa," She whispers almost to herself. "You are Yalngjeymwa."

Taehyung, hearing what she said just barely, is amazed at what he just heard. He hasn't heard that language in forever.

And he thinks he knows exactly what she just said.

[A/N]: It's pronounced:

YALNG-JE-EE-MWA