Bows

Half and Half

A/N: This is the hybrid's part of the story after she was taken inside...

The six maids carefully carry the girl up the stairs, helping her walk along the way. In the middle of the stairway, she couldn't hold her weight anymore and the maids willingly carried her up the rest of the stairs. Her whimpers only got louder as they moved, meaning she must have been in even more pain. They walk down the hall towards one of the guest bathrooms that they knew were freshly stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and towels. One of the women (who was the head maid), Jisoo, quickly moves to the bath in the center of the room and turns on the faucet. She pulls bubble soap from a cabinet under the large wall mirror and pours a large amount into the water. 

Making sure the water was hot, but not too hot, she orders three of the other maids to go and find the hybrid clothes then moves to the medicine cabinet. She takes out hydrogen peroxide and a rag but stops before pouring the liquid on it. The two women holding her look up to Jisoo with questioning faces.

"This is going to hurt, okay?" Jisoo softly says before slowly moving the rag closer to the open wounds on her abdomen, arms, and legs.

The contact between the cuts and the alcohol made the girl cry out in immense pain, the two maids around her needing to hold the girl down even more. Jisoo looks away and tries to block the noise out, understanding that the young girl was obviously sitting out there for a long time, and didn't want to see her in distress. Jisoo continues to clean the rest of her wounds, which took about twenty minutes. The bath had cooled down a bit in that time but it was still hot enough to relax the girl's nerves.

The women carefully lift her up and lower her into the bubbly water, the girl beginning to whimper again when she got too close to the bubbles. The maids understood this and proceeded to lower into the bath again. The hybrid hugged herself and squeezed her body until she realized she was sitting down and the warmth took away the tension in her muscles. She looks around the bathroom, a little less panicked than before, and the maids could easily see she had a round face and big, green eyes. They finally get to relax, since the girl showed no signs of being hysterical anymore. The maids scramble around the bathroom to find shampoo, conditioner, combs, and body soap.

After the hybrid has a glimpse around the bathroom, she turns back to the white mountains surrounding her and scoops a small amount up with her hands. She brings it up to her face and sniffs it, only for it to be destroyed by a waterfall poured on her head. The water gets wiped out of her eyes and makes the cuts on her face burn a little bit, but she's okay. She hears the women conversating among each other but puts her attention back to the bubbles. This time, she uses two hands to pick up the bubbles and holds them close to her face. However, her head keeps getting pulled back over and over from her hair being pulled, but after a while, it isn't being pulled so much. The hybrid lowers her hands into the water and notices that the bubbles didn't go underwater with it.

She feels a gooey liquid being poured onto her head, then someone begins to scratch and massage her scalp and the hair falling around her shoulders. Jisoo notices that she was trying to look at the bubbles in the bathtub, so she makes an 'OK' sign with her hands and holds it in front of the girl. She copies Jisoo, and then the maid dips her hand in the water and holds it in front of the girl again.

The cute kitten in the bathtub splashes water everywhere when she jolts up to look closer at the colorful splotches floating around in the middle of the woman's hand. Jisoo, laughing from her skirt being soaked and the girl's curiosity, backs up and blows into soapy substance. A bubble emerges from her fingers then floats up over to the girl, landing on her nose and disappearing instantly.

She begins to make an airy laugh then sits back in the tub to dip her own 'OK' signs into the water. The women go back to talking as she begins to endlessly blow bubbles until she's run out of breath. By this time, the maids had been done washing her and her hair, and the girl was saddened to know that she had to leave the bubbles behind.

The girl hugs the towel around her body, with her grey bangs dripping all over her face and blocking her eyesight a little bit as she made small 'ooo's and 'ohh's and the photos that lined the hallway walls. They were photos of mountains, planes, fields, and even hillsides. The vibrant greens, blues, and oranges had made the girl forget to keep walking a couple of times, making the nurses chuckle. Her toes curled as she walked when she walked past an open window, but she stepped back in front of the window to smell the morning air of the sun starting to come up. A small, calm smile made it's way on her face and her eyes slowly closed. The breeze dried her hair a little bit and, after a while, the maids decided that she would catch a cold if she stood in front of it any longer.

In the room they would dress her, she had almost immediately forgotten the bubbles entirely. She saw the pastel colors that surrounded the room and couldn't take her eyes off of them. The fairy lights that hung on the perimeter at the top of the ceiling and the large jewelry box sitting on the illuminated vanity distracted her so much, she didn't even squirm when one of the maids measured her to see what size of undergarments she needed.

"Do you like this room?" one of the maids asked her as she found the right garments.

The girl violently nods her head with a huge smile on her face. She then looks back to the walls to see that they've got a coupled of framed photos of flowers and insects on them. 

"Good, because this will be your room. Where you'll sleep." Jisoo says. The girl bounced in place at the news and turns back to the photos. She walked up to one of them, still hugging the towel around her despite being clothed with undergarments now, while Jisoo took the chance to plug in a hairdryer and dry her hair. The girl still didn't move from her spot while staring at a bee sitting on a purple flower. Jisoo didn't want to burn her with the heated chain on her neck, so she tries to remove the necklace. However, the girl refused to take her necklace off and unconsciously holds it.

When Jisoo finishes drying her hair, she motions for one of the maids to bring the clothes over and takes the towel from the girl. As expected on instinct, the hybrid hugs her body when it's taken away. Jisoo immediately slides on the mint green skirt after cutting a hole and sewing a decorative fabric around it to make the hole look neat for her tail earlier. Next comes the cream button-up shirt, being tucked into the skirt. The shirt was mid-sleeved and collared, and buttoned at the end of the sleeve. The girl runs to a mirror and twirls around, even though the skirt wasn't that big, then runs back to the spot she was standing before. Jisoo lifts her knee to slide on grey, four-inch wedges that buckled at the ankles and does so with the other foot. Jisoo had at first wondered if it was a good idea that she should wear heels but when the girl pivoted on her heel and walked towards the vanity while looking at her feet, flawlessly, she forgot about her worries.

Jisoo leads the girl to the seat in front of the vanity and sits her down. The hybrid stares in awe at the mirror and tries to touch the girl she saw. Her touch is blocked by a smooth material, and she proceeds to violently poke other parts of the parallel universe. Until she stops and realizes that she was looking...at herself. She doesn't know how she can see herself, pulling her finger away for fear she may hurt herself if she keeps poking the glass, but she knows that that's what she's seeing. Since the woman she saw bathe her and put her clothes on was on the other side of the see-through wall too, that only meant she was the person sitting in the chair.

The maids skillfully brush and trim her hair, ears, tail, and bangs, adding hair products to keep it healthy and in place. They ended up curling the ends of her grey locks and letting them fall over her shoulders, adding a forest green headband with a bow on the side and a small bow on the end of her tail, too. They give her a few bracelets and a small, white bag that she saw had a small notebook, three different colored pens (black, green, and purple), and ten pieces of wrapped caramel. Jisoo steps back to look at the girl after she put the bag around his shoulder and smiles. She lifts up her finger in memory and rushes to the closet in the room, coming back with a bubblegum pink polaroid and five photo cartridges in her hand.

"You like those things over on the wall, don't you?" Jisoo points to the photo of the bee, to which the girl nods her head.

"Well, now you can have your own." Jisoo puts the cameras in her hands and positions it to face the vanity. Jisoo holds the camera up to her face so that the girl can see through the eyehole. She moves the girl's finger to the shutter button and presses on it, taking a photo.

The hybrid watches and a white rectangle emerges from the top of the device and then stops. Jisoo takes it out and waves around a bit. She hands the photo to the girl, who takes it and holds it up next to the vanity. She bounces up and down at how she had..sort of like a mini-memory that she could carry around of the vanity. Jisoo places the refills into her bag and shows her how to put them inside of the camera. Jisoo and the maids then turn around to see the mess they had made trying to get her dressed while she would spontaneously wonder around the room. They didn't even want to know what the bathroom looked like. They push the girl out of the room before Jisoo peeks her head out of the cracked door to speak to her.

"Master Kim is having breakfast cooked for you. As of now, you made wonder the house and take photos of whatever you wish." Jisoo then retreats her head and closes the door, leaving the excited kitten to slowly wander down the hallway. She's quietly strolling when a small, white creature with similar ears to hers jumps down from one of the windows in the hall. The creature then notices the girl's presence and freezes in place for about six seconds until the sound of a door opening behind her makes her turn. The creature darts down the stairs in front of her, making her want to chase after it.

"Excuse, sweetie?"

The hybrid turns around, a little impatient since she wants to chase after the cat.

"What's your name? If you have one, that is."

The girl smiles brightly, then searches around her small bag for the notebook and pens. She writes something down on the notebook then rips out the piece of paper and shoves the items back into her bag. She runs over to the maid (again, flawlessly) and hands her the paper, then runs after the cat. Jisoo stares at her until her figure disappears down the stairs and looks at the paper that had cute, curly writing.

Lalisa