Mini Memories

Half and Half

A/N: These first five or six are going to be pretty short because she's just exploring right now so....yeah :)

Lalisa carefully rushes down the endless flight of stairs to keep up with the white animal, who seemed to effortlessly run down the railing of the stairs. She almost tripped and fell a few times, even twisted her ankle a bit, but she continued to follow the creature. She didn't know what this pink thing around her shoulder was but she knew it made things pause on a piece of paper, and she wanted to make sure she could see this animal all the time. Her steps are so light, you wouldn't have heard her running down the stairs at an almost impossible speed.

The animal eventually meets the end of the stairway and leaps off of the end of the rail. When it meets the ground, it sprints to the left into a large room and Lalisa runs after her. She didn't know what the room was for, but it was a huge space with smooth, wooden floors. Lalisa had forgotten about the animal and was instead distracted by the crystal lights hanging on a large gold structure in the center of the ceiling. The walls were decorated with various framed photos of trees, animals, and foods she didn't recognize. She spun around the room and eventually began to glide across the floor with her arms out. It got hard to spin with wedges on, so she took off her shoes and continued to spin around in circles. Something in the corner of the room, large, black, had caught her eye while viewing the world in circles. It was sitting on a raised ledge in the room on top of a red carpet.

Lalisa walked over the object, that was also surrounded by other objects that were brown instead of black, and runs her hand across the material. It was smooth, and shiny, and had small and white squares sitting behind it. The white squares had black squares in between some of them and also looked smooth and polished. She walked over to the back of the large object and dragged her hand across the white squares to find that they were, indeed, smooth. She loses her balance over a small bump in the carpet and catches herself on the black thing, but immediately jumps back when the object yells. Lalisa had fallen on the white squares by accident and had probably hurt it. However, it wasn't moving or giving any type of sign that it was hurt, so she walks back over to it and presses her hands on the squares again.

Once again, the object yelled, but not the same as before. It sounded different, much more different than when she had fallen on it. In fact, it actually didn't sound very good, it was a very ugly yell and she wished she could fix it. This time, she only pressed one of the squares and it made a very simple and calm yell. Well, at this point, it wasn't yelling anymore, more like singing. A simple singing note. Lalisa then pressed the one next to it and it made the same simple and calm tone, only higher. She pressed the one next to that one, higher. And that one, higher. And that one, higher. Until she began slowly going back in forth on the squares, low singing to high singing, high singing to low singing. Lalisa like the sound, she liked this object. But she knew she might forget where it was, and it made her sad that she'll soon have to leave it.

She let her arms drop in sadness and they hit something on her side. Lalisa looked down to see what hurt her and remembered the pink block that made things pause on paper. She gets an idea and takes a few steps back from the singing object, bringing the pink block up to her face and following what the nice, pretty lady showed her. She looks through the hole at the top and clicks the button, impatiently waiting for the square to come out. When it does, she waves it around a bit as the woman did and then looks at the memory appearing. Lalisa pulls out the purple pen in her bag and writes, in curly writing, on the open space below the memory.

'Giant Singing Box With Legs'

She places the pen and the memory into her bag and then points her head in alertness to something small and white running across the floor. It was the animal again, and it was trying to get out of the closed door. Lalisa ran over to the animal as fast as her legs could move her, then carefully approached the door when she was a few feet away. As she got closer, it began to hiss and even shrink on it's hind legs, but the hybrid didn't seem to notice. She slowly opened the door, not knowing that the creature would take off before it even fully opened. That doesn't stop her, though, as she only chased after it again without really knowing where the fluffy creature would take her.