Sushi

Half and Half

[A/N]: Yes, I know it's Japanese food. This is not exactly crucial to the story but it does explain some aspects of it. Alright I'll leave ya alone now. And, yes, this is late.

 

Lisa, having sat in between two men on the side and sitting her purse and camera on the table, gawks at the many silver domes sitting on the table. She waits patiently, looking between the domes, the two silver sticks sitting beside her plate, and the spoon sitting on the other. When she got bored of wondering what was under them (it smelled like food), she looked around to the boys sitting at the table. It looked as though they were arguing, but they were still laughing at each other. They looked like brothers, to her. The boy sitting on her right barely spoke at all. He had brown hair and looked as if he was the youngest there. He mostly just listened and laughed. The man on her left liked to laugh a lot. He was the one making all of the jokes.

Master Taehyung was sitting on one of the ends of the table while another man, with pink hair, sat on the other end. He was arguing with a man with orange hair, and the orange-haired man must have been winning because he was the loudest. There was a man with white hair who was just staring at her. When she waved hello to him, he smiled and looked at the two men arguing. Another man with silver hair was laughing at what the funny man was saying. Instead of sitting in the huge eating room (she didn't know what it was called) with a really big table, they sat in a smaller space in the middle of the garden that had just enough space for all eight of them. The garden had flowers that came in a variety of colors and smelled amazing. It was in the middle of a vast area of the garden that had a stone path and fountains in every corner. There were statues of humans with wings and humans with ears on their head, similar to what Lalisa looked like. A few bunnies had made their way to the border of the hedge wall surrounding the space they were in since carrots and tomatoes had grown all across the perimeter. They seemed unbothered by the humans sitting with them.

The pretty lady from earlier came out from the mansion along with men in black suits and stood behind Lalisa. The men in suits had gone to stand in front of every silver dome on the table, placing their hands on the handles. The lady says something that Lisa isn't quite focused on since she's anticipation the food that might be under there, and the men lift the domes off of the table to reveal (as hoped) food. For some reason, the men sitting at the table started clapping and smiling, so Lisa did, too. The lady and the suit men had left, and the boys around the table were talking again and started filling their plates, but Lisa continued to stare at one particular plate of food.

It was a cylinder, the inside looked like it was filled with rice, meat, and veggies, and the outside was black. Surrounding the dish were a few green, black, and red sauces in multiple containers, and it only made Lisa even more hungry. While he and his brothers were eating and bickering, Taehyung noticed that Lisa was just looking at all of them with a smile on her face, her plate being completely empty. Taehyung motions to Jungkook, the brown-haired sitting next to her, to see what was wrong since he himself was too far. Jungkook taps on her shoulder, and Lisa stares at him with a smile and soft eyes.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asks through a full mouth while pointing to her plate.

She looks confused and tilts her head in response. "You didn't say I could yet!"

It was Jungkook's turn to be confused now since that was an odd response for him to hear. "Well, we don't have to tell you when to eat. Just eat," Jungkook takes some sushi from the dish in front of her, along with some soy sauce, and reaches over to other dishes to grab more food for her. He ends up giving her a nice plate of sushi, miso soup, nori, rice, and udon. Then the man on her other side poured her a cup of green tea and gave her a smile.

Taehyung cautiously watches her as she eats, wondering if the way she ate would give away where she's from. She swiftly picks up the chopsticks and goes for the sushi. Before she puts it in , however, she looks between the roll and the sauce next to it a few times before slightly dipping it into the sauce. She hesitates before putting it into but eventually eats and chews it. Her eyes go wide, and she immediately starts dipping sushi into the sauce and eating it at an alarming speed. He was about to say something to stop her before she choked but Jungkook had stopped her for him. There were a few words exchanged, followed by Lalisa violently nodding her head. Her sushi had been gone by the time she was stopped, however, so she went to silently slurp her udon.

When the talking had died down, and the boys were in the middle of their meals, the grey-haired man had spoken up to try and talk to Lalisa.

"What's your name, sweetie?"

Lisa points to herself while making an inquisitive sound. The boy nods her head with a smile and Lisa quickly finishes chewing her kamaboko. "Lalisa!"

"That's a pretty name. I'm Jimin."

"Hi, Jimin!" She slurps up more noodles while waving.

"Hello, Lalisa. How'd you get here?"

Lisa looks confused. She tilts her head again and makes another inquisitive sound, one of her ears bending to the side.

"Why do you have to be so sudden?" The man on her left asks in a scolding tone.

"Yeah, Jimin. Why is it your business anyway?" Orange-haired replied next.

"I'm just wondering! Hoseok you're in everyone's business all the time so shut up!" Jimin yells at the orange-haired.

"That's a lie, I'm in my own world all the time," Hoseok says back.

"You were so bored last week that only five minutes after I went into the restroom, you started banging on the door yelling 'Jungkook, why are you in there?' !" The boy on her right yelled at Hoseok. She guessed his name was Jungkook, then.

"Like you just said, I was bored."

"You dragged me out of bed to show me the makeup you put on Jin's face while he was sleeping," The man with white-hair mumbled out while eating his food.

"You put makeup on me while I was sleeping?!" The man on her left (Jin is his name, apparently) yelled. 

"Yoongi dared me to do it, so you're only telling on yourself by telling on me!" Hoseok yelled at the white-haired Yoongi.

"No, in exchange for me snitching on you, you snitched on me back."

"Yes, I did. Now what?"

"Now you can explain why you put makeup on my face while I was sleeping!" Jin exclaimed.

"I was going to send it to my sister and you're like a boy version of her so I tried it on your face."

"You could've woken me up to do that!"

"It's not worse than what he did to me!" Jungkook chimes in.

"What do you mean what I did to you?" Hoseok asks.

"When you forced me to hold that cat that keeps coming in here to wash it and check if it was a boy or a girl!"

"And it scratched your eyes out," Yoongi mentions.

"Exactly!"

"I tried to ask Jimin but he was afraid of getting rabies."

"It's very common in cats!" Jimin yells, trying to make a point.

"Are you insulting our guest?!" Jin yells, Lalisa not understanding what was said.

"Can we please, for once, have a normal breakfast? ESPECIALLY with a guest here?" The man with pink hair had said in a low voice at first but ended it with a yelling voice.

It wasn't heard by anyone, however, since everyone had gone back to their bickering state in loud yells and arguments. Lalisa only calmly listened to each of their complaints while eating her food, not realizing that Taehyung was staring at her once again. She immediately knew how to eat with chopsticks, and had her eyes set on the sushi since the covers were lifted. At first, he thought that maybe it was just because she's never seen it before but, usually, hybrids would sniff their food first if they didn't know what it was, and Lalisa practically dove in. Secondly, she ate the sushi first, all in less than thirty seconds. Even though she is a cat hybrid, cat hybrids don't like cooked fish, they almost always throw it up immediately. This meant Lalisa wasn't raised by normal cat hybrid parents, because they don't feed their children cooked fish. Or maybe she just couldn't taste it.

"Lalisa," Taehyung calls under the chaotic yelling. Lalisa, being able to hear him, perks her ears up and looks towards him. He pats the spot on the corner of the table in between him and Jungkook. Lalisa almost immediately understands and places her plate, bowl, and cup on her chair while gracefully moving it to that spot...without spilling a drop. She moves her dishes to the table and plops down in her seat, going back to her food. Taehyung, amazed, only stares at her for a couple seconds before coming back to his senses.

"I'm sorry about all of this; they argue almost everyday, several times a day like this."

"It's okay," Lalisa replies with a mouthful of soup. "I wish I had brothers or sisters to fight with when I was baby Lalisa."

Taehyung stops himself from melting at how adorable that was so he could continue his digging. "Did you like the sushi?"

"Mhm! It was yummy! I love fish!"

Okay, so she was able to taste the fish. But why didn't she throw it up? "Glad you liked it. That was my mother's recipe."

"She's a good cook!" Lalisa exclaimed while nodding her head.

Taehyung chuckles. "So...where are you from?"

Lalisa thinks for a brief moment. "Night room!"

Taehyung is puzzled by her answer. "Night...room?"

"Yes, night room!" Lisa had said it through a mouth full of food so he may have misunderstood her, but it sounded like she was saying Night Room.

That makes sense since hybrids that were trying to hide would often stay in abandoned warehouses, only going in there at night time to cook, eat, bathe, and sleep. The reason why it was often called a "night room". In the day time, they would go out, go to school, buy necessities, work, and do any other activity until night time. However, did she stay there alone? Usually, baby hybrids are killed or sent to human orphanages when they don't have parents since they might be killed anyway. The cooked fish thing really bothered Taehyung because sometimes they can't even digest it.

"Who did you stay with in the night room?"

Lisa looked up to the sky, and unconsciously began counting on her fingers. "Mr. Hippo, Ms. Needle, Mr. Glove, Mr. Brush, and Mr. Enn."

Taehyung could relax again since she did stay with trusted adults. All of those names, oddly, were common surnames for hybrids, which made him wonder what hers was.

"What's your last name, Lalisa?"

"Last name?" Lisa looked confused. She didn't look up to show interest, meaning she probably didn't know what he was talking about. "What's that?"

"A last name. It comes before your first name. For example, my name is Kim Taehyung."

"Why does your last name come before your first name? Shouldn't it go after it?"

"Well, yes, but that's the name that people use to alphabetize you."

"What does that mean?"

"It means they order a bunch of people in a sequence by their last name."

"Oh," Lisa looked as if she was just trying to take it all in. "Why do you need a last name?"

"Because what if there are other people named 'Lalisa'?"

"There isn't! I'm the only Lalisa!" Lisa actually looked a little bothered by what he said.

"Okay, you're the only Lalisa. But what if you had a twin that was named Lalisa, as well?"

"Then that's why I have this," Lisa lifts her necklace to show Taehyung. He still didn't exactly know what it was for, but he planned to do research on it.

"Okay, but do you have a last name?"

"No, it's just Lalisa," She slurped up the last bit of udon from her bowl, and pushed her dishes away when she was finished. "Can I go back to the book room?"

"It's called the 'library' and yes, you may," Taehyung happily allows her to go since he fancied the fact that there was one other person than Namjoon who liked books. He wondered if she was able to read; she was holding a book when she met him in the balcony. However, most, if not all, of those books were in Japanese, but he spoke to her in Korean. Specifically, the book she picked up earlier was in Japanese with only Korean captions and labels. Then, he remembered the writing on her necklace and tried to think if he had a book in that language. Maybe he had one stowed away in his room or something. he quickly finishes up whatever food he had left on his plate, leaving his still bickering brothers to work that mess out for themselves, to run after her.