New Words

Half and Half

The rest of the large house's walls weren't as colorful as the rest of the home, but she didn't mind it because every room was new and exciting for her. She particularly ran into rooms that looked like the place where she bathed. There were also more bedrooms in an assortment of colors. Her friend fell asleep while she was holding it, so all it did now was purr and she didn't have to worry about it running away. Along the trip, to her misfortune, she had gotten hungry and didn't know where to find food. Deciding to ignore it, as usual, she continues to look at the many different rooms of the house.

There was one specific room with a very long table and lots of chairs around it on the first floor, and she saw women rushing in and out of it with grey half-circles in their hands. They only sat the grey things on the table and left them there. Lisa walked over to the table, smiling and bowing to one of the maids as she placed one down, and went over to touch the smooth surface. When she got closer to the object, a glorious aroma invades her nose and sends her tummy growling again. She reaches for it, however, it was extremely hot to the touch, and Lisa snatched her hand back. Her friend, being close enough to not have to move, begins Lisa's finger then goes back to sleep in her arms.

Lisa looks around the room to see where the women are coming from and noticed two doors that keep flying open. She decides to go over there and see what kind of factory might be inside. Walking towards the door, the smell of boiling tomatoes and grilled chicken drowned her senses in anticipation for something she hadn't even seen yet. Lisa opens the door, taken aback by the hundreds of smells filling her nostrils, so many that she can't even identify them right now. Then she takes the visual contents of this room and is actually a little frightened. There were more men and women, dressed in white, who were standing in front of long counters chopping food, blending food, mixing food, and just anything else you'd do with food!

She walks around the counter and looks at the many different colors she saw on cutting boards, in pans, and inside of ovens. She eventually got to a black, rectangular box with many pans sitting on top of it. The person stirring the meat inside of it turned when he saw her and smiled, picking up a generous piece from the pan and cooling off. He gives her the meat, to which she reaches over with instead of her hand. The man pulls it back a bit and shakes his head, pointing to his hand when she looks confused. Lisa gets it and picks up her hand to take the food from his. After shoving it in , she melts away from the savory flavor swimming in .

"Yummy!" She squeals.

The man looks surprised. "Thank you!"

Lisa walks away to see what else is being made in this room. She saw delicious-looking ramen being made in a saucepan, she tried and said it was yummy. A woman was making some kind of rolled-up food with black skin and, after a few doubts, tried it and thought it was yummy. Another woman was making something that was also rolled up, but into a ball-like structure, she tried a small piece and called that one yummy as well. She had thought they were all so good, that Lisa took a memory of everything she tried. Despite having so many samples, she was still practically starving. When she was trying her last sample, some kind of meat that was sweet and fried, the memory wouldn't come out. She had tried about three times before deciding to open the compartment like the nice lady showed he-.

"Those go in between the rice and pork, Eunji!"

Unless Lisa was going crazy, she could've sworn she heard the lady's voice. Waking up her friend out of excitement by accident, she runs to where she knows her voice is coming from and stops right behind her. The lady was standing at the table, pointing to spots on the table and having women carry the grey half-circles to those spots. She turns around and jumps when she finds Lisa right behind her.

"Oh, sweetie you scared me!" She inspects Lisa to see if she was still clean until she stood at the animal in her arms. She reaches over and scratches under the animal's chin. "I see you've already met a little friend. And you're nice and clean, too."

The woman looks Lisa up and down again, this time noticing her bare feet. "Lalisa, what happened to your shoes?"

Lisa seems confused for a moment as she stares at her feet but then remembers where they are and what she's talking about. She places her friend down and starts searching through the dozens of memories in her bag. She finally finds the one with the singing box and shows it to the woman. "Here. In this room."

"You left them in the ballroom?"

"Yes. My feet hurted, " Lisa points to the object in the memory. "What's this?"

"A piano. Lalisa, why would didn't you just tell me-"

"That?" Lisa points to her friend looking up at her.

"That is a cat."

"Cat," She whispered to herself. Lisa takes out another memory. It was the one with the colored soups. "These?"

"You were in the Art Room? I thought I locked that door..," Jisoo thinks to herself while looking down at the cat, who was looking at her. "Oh, those things are paint cups, sweetie."

Lisa tilts her head in confusion. Jisoo chuckles.

"You dip paintbrushes in them and you paint on the white canvas." Jisoo makes a motion with her hand.

Lisa nods bet head in understanding. She immediately crosses out the names and rewrites them.

Peeano in the Ballroom

Paint cups, Paintbrushes, Canvas in the Artroom

Cat

Lisa finds the cat on the ground suddenly jumping up and running away. Lisa, not wanting to lose it after she's had it for so long, runs after it, ignoring the lady's calls of her name. She was chasing a cat. It's called a 'cat'. She can't wait to find the piano from earlier to see if it would sing different notes this time. And she wanted to 'paint' something on the white 'canvas' in the 'Art room'. But first she needed to catch her friend and go back to the food room because she was hungry.