Unlikely

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun woke up to the warm sunlight spreading across her room, bright streaks passing through the gap of the curtains by the window; she groaned and covered her eyes with the pillow. She rolled to the side, now smiling thinking about a certain someone, and reached out to the space next to her but immediately frowned when her hands met nothing but the blanket and the soft mattress.

She took a peek making sure if there was really no one with her right now, “didn’t even wake me up for a kiss,” Joohyun thought.

Joohyun reached for her phone by the nightstand and typed a bunch of sad, crying and frowning emojis and sent it right away. A few minutes later she heard her phone ring smiling when she saw the caller’s name.

“Hey,” the person on the other line said, “I can’t see you, hun, can you turn on your camera?”

She answered with a hum trying to convey that she’s sulking, still not enabling her camera, “Joohyun, I only got a few minutes left. I’m sorry I didn’t wake you up, you looked so peaceful earlier I kinda felt bad disturbing your slumber, forgive me?”

Joohyun’s smiled when she saw the person on the other line pout, “Fine, thank your cute cheekies, they saved you this time, Seungwan.” and her smile went wider when she saw her girlfriend smile at her when she her camera.

“There’s my pretty girlfriend,”

“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes but her smile was still there, she’s obviously blushing at her lover’s compliment. No matter how many times she has heard Seungwan throw words of appreciation at her not once did Seungwan fail her in making the butterflies in her stomach go wild.

She heard her girlfriend chuckle and a few beeps, she saw her lower her head as if reading something, “Babe, I’ve got to go, they’re paging me non-stop now. I’ll see you later? Same place?” Joohyun answered with a nod, knowing very well how dedicated Seungwan is with her work, saving lives is her passion and Joohyun isn’t the one to complain when her girlfriend has less time to spend with her during the day.

She knows her lover is trying, especially in terms of time - being a doctor requires 3/4 of your time of the day, worse it’d take all of it and Joohyun understands, she tries to after all it was Seungwan’s occupation that brought them together.

Joohyun and Seungwan met at an unlikely circumstance – both sides never expected for their meeting to be involved with someone drowning and the other resuscitating.

They were at the beach, Joohyun were with her friends celebrating her best friend’s birthday while Seungwan was on a solo trip ‘cause she needed a breather from everything.

It was a bright, sunny day with blue skies reflecting on the sea water making it take its hue, Seungwan was lying beside by the tent she had camped out overnight. Closed her eyes, breathed in the fresh sea air, and calmed her nerves with the sound of the waves whilst being shadowed by the palm trees.

But her calm state was disrupted with a sudden shriek, she tried to ignore it once... twice, she could hear chatters from people around then she couldn’t fight it anymore, she sat up and scanned the place where and what the commotion was all about – someone drowned she heard.

She stood up immediately, as much as she wanted to lie down but someone may be in need of help and she took an oath, damn that oath.

Seungwan then saw someone carrying an unconscious body onshore, she went closer and heard the guy yell out for help, “Does anybody know CPR?”

“I do,” Seungwan’s mouth acted upon on its own, she cursed at herself mentally. She looked at the unconscious woman and held her wrist checking for pulse, thank God.

She took in a huge breath of air and held it for a while and let it all out, Okay, you got this, she thought. Seungwan quickly placed two fingers by the woman’s sternum, to locate where she would put her hands, not a second later she placed her hand over the other and started c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter