Who's Irene?

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Friday night; she was preparing to clock out when she received numerous texts asking where she is and if she’s coming.

To her hurry she jogged from her building to the new cafe near her office they had agreed to meet on. Despite the cold wind she’s inhaling her lungs burned, small wisps of cloud coming out from and nostrils as she panted, winter has definitely come.

“Good Lord!! Finally she’s here!!”

“Wendy’s here!”

“Hey, guys. I’m sorry got caught up with work. I ran or jogged, whatever, as fast as I could to get here. I’m glad this cafe is near the office.” Wendy explained in between her panting while pulling the chair for her to sit on.

“It’s okay we just got here too, we haven’t even ordered yet,” Seulgi smiled at Wendy to which she nodded in response. “Yerim, go ask Irene for the menu.”

“I’m not sure if she’s there though.” Yerim peeped inside through the glass window, as they were settled outside of the cafe as Joy would say, ‘we’re too much of a ruckus, and we wouldn’t want to disturb other people.’

“Joy, who’s Irene?” Wendy asked, out of the three Joy’s the one who would probably answer her decently.

“Oh, right it’s your first time here. She’s that really pretty crew, even Yerim gushed when she saw Irene and you know how straight she is.”

“Apparently, Yerim’s not straight anymore.” Seulgi said along with a chuckle earning a shove on her shoulder from Yerim.

“I’m just admiring her beauty! It’s not that–“

“Oh, Irene’s here,” Seulgi cut Yerim’s sentence to which the younger girl quipped her head quickly to the sliding door when she saw no one. “Sike! You’re gay.”

Wendy and Joy just shook their heads and laughed at the scene that uncovered in front on them. “Seulgi, babe, cut it out now. Why don’t you and Wendy order something.” The moment Joy spoke Seulgi straightened up and nodded at Joy’s order.

“Whipped.” This time Yerim teased Seulgi, whom in response just narrowed her eyes at Yerim.

After Wendy and Seulgi got the orders they walked towards the entrance, “So is this Irene really pretty?” Wendy asked, she can’t help but feel her curiosity spike up, especially, when Joy acknowledged another person’s beauty.

“Have you seen little Yerim react when we mentioned her name? And how my girlfriend admitted that another person is ‘pretty’ she never does that. So, yeah she’s pretty, actually she has this Joohyun vibes.”

“Oh, really now.” Wendy chuckled dryly, you see Joohyun was a colleague whom she had a huge crush at, for years she pursued her but they didn’t end up together cause she, as Wendy would quote, “wasn’t ready to be in any relationship”.

Wendy slid the door and as they went in she heard Seulgi say, “She really isn’t here, that’s a bummer.” Wendy just nodded.

When it was their turn to order, Seulgi recited their orders one by one so the person by the counter could get it clearly. When the sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter