Five Times

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 5 times where Seungwan thought Joohyun likes someone else and that one time she believed it was her.

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, i do hope you'll enjoy this.

----

One

“Joohyun!” A shout of a name reverberated through the building’s hallway, making the students who just got out of class turn to the owner of the name that was called.

The girl who was called halted her steps, making her companion stop along, looking at her with mirth in her eyes, as she heaved a deep sigh. This is the last person she wants to see after a stressful class that they just got out from. She wanted to run away but is too tired to do so.

Joohyun, looked at her friend’s amused smile and glared at her. She forcibly turned her head to the guy yelling out her name, not uttering any word.

The guy smiled when she turned and took a step closer to her. “Oh, hi Seungwan,” he waved at Joohyun’s friend.

“Hi, Bogum.” Seungwan gave him a smile. When she saw what the guy was bringing, a box of chocolate and a small bouquet of flowers, which Seungwan assumed was from his monthly allowance, she stepped aside to give the two space. She leaned herself against the wall, a few feet from Joohyun and Bogum. She eyed them both wondering if this would end up as a rejection, just like the other ones who confessed to Joohyun or something new.

Who could blame them, Joohyun is beautiful, even Seungwan herself finds Joohyun’s beauty one of a kind, only a fool would think otherwise. And she envied them at most, she envied them for their courage to come up to Joohyun and tell the girl how they feel for her.

She smiled when Joohyun gave the guy an apologetic look and Bogum’s dejected smile. Seungwan internally pumped her arms when she saw that, don’t get her wrong, she almost feels as bad to those confessing to Joohyun but she can’t help to be happy when her friend rejects someone.

As she turned her eyes again at the two, her eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she saw Joohyun smiling and taking what Bogum brought and waved the guy good bye. Seungwan composed herself, acting as if it didn’t bother her that Joohyun just accepted something from her admirers and looking like it ended in a good way.

“Hey,” Came out and an exasperated sigh.

“You okay?” She treaded carefully, while looking down at the bouquet in her friend’s arms.

“Yeah, you know I only wanted the chocolate cause I’m craving for some sweets but it would seem too rude to not take the flowers too, so I took both. It’s not that bad right?” Joohyun turned to her, doe-eyes full of wonder when asking her question.

Oh. A wave of relief washed over her, a sigh escaped from lips and heart turned lighter, away from the thought of Joohyun smiling at the guy.

Seungwan chuckled at herself, finding it ridiculous how she thought Joohyun finally accepted someone that is not her, “For a second there I really thought you agreed to date him.”

“In his wildest dreams,” Joohyun laughed as she handed Seungwan the flowers and opened the box took one and offered it to the girl walking beside her, and took one for herself.

“Why?” Seungwan replied as she gladly took the piece of chocolate that was offered and popped it in .

Joohyun raised her brows at the question, “Why not?”

Seungwan was about to retort when she felt Joohyun’s fingers on the corner of her lips, trying to wipe something she can’t see. She was dumbfounded by the sensation of her friend’s fingers on her skin and more dumbfounded by what Joohyun said next.

“I already have someone that I like.”

Seungwan stopped, blinked a couple of times and stared at Joohyun’s backside, taking huge strides away from her.

“Wait, who?” She followed suit, almost running.

“I’m not telling you.”

Two

Seungwan and Joohyun were down at their favorite café with few bunch of their books to study for their upcoming exam, along with Joohyun’s other friend, Jennie. She secretly eyed the two ladies in front of her, who are huddling over Joohyun’s English notes, giggling and smiling at each other as Jennie explained something to Joohyun. She then realized that Jennie was helping Joohyun with some English grammar construction.

“Need help?” She tried to ask, offering help.

Joohyun looked up at her while shaking her head, “We’re all good, Jennie’s got it.”

Seungwan then nodded and gave a tight lipped smile. Well, she’s good at English too – it’s not like Jennie’s the only one who grew up outside of Korea. She went back to her notes unhappily and almost too quickly solved all of her calculus problems. She’s good at English and Math. Ha! Beat that Jennie. She drew in a deep breath and let it all out in one go, not noticing a pair of doe-eyes staring at her while she’s absorbed in her lessons.

There was silence in their table, the three of them all focused on their own books when Joohyun broke out the silence with a question where Seungwan doesn’t know if her friend didn’t really know the meaning or was just playing with her, but she indulged her anyway.

“Seungwan, what does ‘Apple of the eye’ mean?” Joohyun asked with her wide-eyed gaze, that Seungwan came to like so much.

Seungwan looked at Jennie, who is supposed to be Joohyun’s English coach, just smiled at her and gestured for her to answer. She nodded in acknowledgement.

“It means that someone is your favorite.” Seungwan then saw Joohyun smiled and wrote something down on her notebook.

“Jennie is the apple of my eye,” Joohyun then looked at the girl sitting beside her and smiled.

Seungwan could swear she felt her heart clench by Joohyun’s statement, she forced a smile at the two. Then Joohyun raised her notebook and showed Jennie what she wrote, “I’m making you as an example.”

Ouch. Can’t even be good enough to be one of your examples. Seungwan felt bad at what Joohyun said, that’s got to be the worst.

She then saw Jennie stood up and patted Joohyun’s head making the latter smile at the gesture, “I’m gonna order something, what do you want?”

“You know what it is,”

“I think that’s not in the menu, Joohyun.” Jennie glanced at Seungwan, who was throwing the both of them quizzical look, and smiled at the blonde then she walked away after her reply.

Seungwan then turned to Joohyun and gave her a lopsided smile, full of mirth, “So, Jennie’s the apple of your eye, huh?” She questioned while putting both of her elbows on the table as she leaned closer to Joohyun.

The brunette gave her a soft smile and shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter