003

Cross My Heart

“Uncle Lucas!”

Diana glanced over her shoulder as her nephew ran towards Lucas, he squealed as he was picked up.

“Did Aiden miss me?” Lucas cooed as he spun the child around, Diana went towards the kitchen and found Haerin, she was watching the help as they prepared the food.

“Unnie.” Diana greeted her with a quick hug.

“Hey, how was your day?” The lady said. Diana shrugged ack.

“Oppa asked me to scare off some people again, but, what’s new? I’m starting to think that he may want to join the mafia at this rate.”

“Of course, with you as my right hand man,” Kris chirped as he walked in the room, he kissed his wife’s cheek before grinning at his sister.

“Ge, I’m planning to~”

“She has plans to fly to Beijing, ge, for Xiaojun’s birthday.” Lucas hummed as he walked in with Aiden still in his arms.

Diana glared at him but she looked at her brother expectantly.

“Why does it sound like you’re asking permission? Of course, you can go.” Kris grinned at the two, Lucas smiled.

“But, I still have that complex rebuilding and I don’t want you~”

“You’ve fixed the problem, right?” Kris mused, Diana started to smile.

“Oh, the directors who were bothering you. How did it go?” Haerin spoke up, Lucas’s eyes went to his girl.

It was his first time hearing about this.

Diana felt his gaze and she her lips.

“I….asked them if they could get Iron Man to help out. And then, they said I could go on with my budget.” She smiled, Lucas put Aiden down and the toddler ran towards the living room.

“Well, isn’t she a darling?” Kris mused, Haerin laughed.

 

 

“You were having a hard time at work,” Lucas stated as he joined her at the veranda, Diana glanced at him and nodded.

“Well, it’s not that bad. I think they’re simply making sure that I know what I’m doing.”

“The Diana I know wouldn’t claim that it’s not that bad if it didn’t bother her.” Lucas said softly, Diana sighed.

“It does bother me, fine.”

Lucas smiled and stretched one arm to her.

“They make me feel like I forced myself into the company, I mean, no one even asked me what I wanted to do after school.” She murmured before going into his embrace and burying her face on his chest.

“Smells like forced labor.” Lucas said, playful.

“It’s starting to feel like it.” She muttered, Lucas kissed the crown of her head.

“Is there something else you want to do? You never mentioned that.” Lucas asked, the girl didn’t reply.

“A nap. I need a nap.” Diana finally replied, Lucas let out a hearty laugh.

“Maybe a weekend in a Beijing isn’t such a bad idea, you need a breather.” He spoke, Diana pulled back to look at him.

“What is it?” Lucas asked.

“I know we already have arrangements to stay with our friends, but can we..plan something else?”

“Without them?”

Diana nodded back and chewed on the insides of cheeks. Lucas smiled, sensing her uncertainty, there were just times when the girl wanted to be alone.

“Maybe, a few days in Shanghai, my grandparents are in town.”

“Okay, we can meet up at the airport. Let’s fly home together.” Lucas agreed, Diana paused, her forehead creasing.

“Meet at the airport?” She voiced.

“Or, do you want to fly by yourself?” Lucas blinked back at her.

“You’re not coming with me? I’m going alone?” Diana grew annoyed, Lucas paused and a small smile appeared on his lips.

“You wanted me with you?”

“Why would I want to visit Shanghai alone?” She mumbled as she pulled away from him, Lucas chuckled and tugged her back.

“You love your alone time.”

Diana rolled her eyes at him before kissing his jaw.

“Let’s eat, I’m quite hungry.”

 

 

“I bumped into uncle Lai, how is he doing?” Diana asked over dessert, she looked at her plate and scrunched her nose.

“He mentioned that his son is coming home, you two are good friends, right?” Kris replied before taking a small sip of his wine.

“I think? I don’t really remember his face.” She murmured as she transferred bits of kiwi to Lucas’s plate.

“This is better,” Lucas murmured as he put a small serving of apple parfait in her reach, Haerin smiled to herself.

“All I remember is that he’s younger than me, I think.”

“You had actual friends as a child?” Lucas said jokingly, Kris grinned before helping Aiden with his cake.

“It’s one of those friendships you make since your parents are too busy attending board meetings and all. Don’t you have one like that?”

Lucas nodded back, his thoughts going back to his younger self being chased down by his father’s secretary.

“How’s work lately? I saw your company’s decision to buy out IOQ Japan, good move.” Kris said, Lucas smiled and put his spoon down.

“It took me weeks before jumping on it, ge. I was worried that the market wouldn’t be in a good shape.”

Diana noticed that Aiden was eyeing the chocolate pudding; she winked before discreetly pushing the bowl towards him. The toddler smiled at his aunt adoringly as the pudding came closer to his grasp.

“Exactly, things haven’t been stable~ Yinghua!” Kris sighed just as his son wiped pudding across the table, Haerin shook her head but she ended up laughing as her son giggled.

“Aiden wanted some pudding, no one seem to be bothered enough to give him some.” Diana claimed, Aiden beamed at his father before getting another spoonful of pudding.

 

 

The tall male smiled at his father’s secretary as he reached the waiting car.

Welcome to Seoul, young master. I hope you can still speak Korean?” He said with a smile as he spoke in Mandarin, the young man chuckled.

“Of course I do, hyung. It’s nice to see you again.”

“It has been a while, huh?”

The young man chuckled and glanced around him, the older male was right. It has been awhile and Seoul looked different, even the airport felt unfamiliar to him.

“Is pa at work?” He asked as he got inside the car, he waited for the secretary to get inside the vehicle.

“He is, but he’s in a meeting. Do you have someplace in mind?”

The tall male leaned back on his seat and shrugged.

“I’m quite hungry, hyung. Do you know a place?”

“Spicy food?”

“Sounds great.” He replied, he yawned and took out his phone.

“Right, your father asked me to tell you that he wants to invite the Wu’s over for dinner.”

“The Wus? Wu Holdings?” He asked as he tried to recall the numerous companies that his father worked with, his forehead creased.

“Yes, young master. You’re good friends with their daughter. Don’t you remember her?”

The male smiled to himself before nodding back.

“Diana. Yinghua jie.”

“Yes, you two used to get in a lot of trouble back then. She’s been staying here for quite some time now.”

“Really? Wow. I didn’t know she decided to settle down here.” He said softly, the older male smiled at him.

“I think it’s good if you reintroduce yourself, it would be awkward if the run into the young miss and you don’t recognize each other.”

The young male chuckled at his words.

“I doubt jie jie would ever forget me. She made me promise that I’d marry her, remember?” He said jokingly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++