001

Cross My Heart

 

A/N:

CHECK THE FOREWORD FIRST :>

 

 

 

 

The young lady was leaning back against her car while her eyes were focused on the glass sliding doors. She had just come from her office and the executive was already a bit hungry.

The doors slid open and a tall male walked out, he had huge playful grin on his face as he saw her.

“Well, look at this, I wasn’t expecting for the big boss to have time for me.” Lucas said as he let go of his luggage and wrapped his arms around her.

“How was Shanghai?” Diana smiled as he leaned down to kiss the side of her head.

“Boring. Even the food was boring.” He said childishly as he loaded his luggage into the Audi’s trunk, Diana handed him the keys.

“Can we eat first? Or are you needed at work right away?” She asked him, Lucas shook his head at her.

“No, I have the day off. I told ma that I needed to see you today and that you missed me that’s why~”

“Okay, just go take a cab.” Diana tried to take the keys from him, but Lucas laughed and pulled her back.

“But, I can drive if you’re feeling tired from the flight.”

“It’s okay,” Lucas opened the passenger door for her; the girl slid in and fastened her seatbelt.

“Did you meet up with the guys? Hendery mentioned he was in town.”

Lucas nodded and started the engine; Diana leaned back and puffed her cheeks. He glanced at her before stepping on the gas.

“Work’s been tough on you, huh?” He reached out to cup the back of her neck, the girl nodded back.

“Kind of, I’ve had to check on all ongoing projects and that take over my brother wanted me to do, it was..time consuming and brain frying.” She replied, Lucas smiled and dropped his hand to her lap.

“What do you feel like eating? You choose.” Diana said, not minding his hand on her thigh, Lucas pursed his lips.

“How about some Western food? Are you good with that?”

“Yes, eyes on the road, Wong.”

He giggled before stepping on the gas; he paused when Diana put her hand over his and laced their fingers together.

 

 

Haerin looked around the dining room as she walked in, Kris followed her.

“Diana’s not joining us today,”

“Why? She doesn’t enjoy eating out.” Haerin mused, sometimes, her sister-in-law’s pickiness would go overboard and it amused her.

“Lucas just got back from China, she said she might not be able to join me at the meeting this afternoon too, which, is good for her.” Kris mused as he pulled the chair for her, Haerin sat down and she tilted her head at him.

“Why?”

“Well, with what she did…back then, the board’s been very cautious around her, some think that she’s not mature enough for the position given to her.”

“Total bull.” His wife said, Kris smiled, agreeing.

“In my opinion, she did what needed to be done, if it weren’t for her, our father and his mistress would have caused permanent damage to the company. However, some of the directors disagree, they think she handled it badly and she was rash in making decisions.”

“And yet, they can’t confront her to her face, huh?” Haerin chuckled, Kris nodded back.

“Yes, they just talk amongst themselves, but none of them dared to challenge her yet. I think they’re scared of her.” Kris mused as he started to eat, Haerin laughed.

“But, she solved the issue with KM Group in a matter of weeks, while the board couldn’t even reach out to that company for two months.”

“I heard about that, how did Diana manage to make them give up?”

Kris took a small sip of his orange juice before continuing.

“KM Group was in the process of applying for a loan to Guan Banking. They needed the money or else, bankruptcy would have been their only option left. So, Diana called up Guanheng.”

“Hendery’s family owns Guan Banking.” Haerin laughed, Kris nodded along.

“That’s how KM Group had no choice but to pay up and keep the contract with us, Diana fixed what they couldn’t.”

 

 

“So, he’s based in Korea now?”

The male seated across her nodded back, the young lady smiled and closed her laptop.

“He was in Shanghai briefly to attend to some company matters, he was invited to our party, but he reportedly declined.”

“Right, I tried calling him but, he never responded.” The lady frowned and leaned back on her chair, the male looked at her.

“Well, I don’t know if you’ve heard about this, but,”

“But, what?” She crossed her legs, her lips pursed.

“The young master Wong was supposed to be stationed here, that was his parents’ plans. But, he did not want to stay in Beijing after school.”

“Why is that? All their main offices are in Beijing and Shanghai.”

“Yes, but the young master is back together with that girl. The Wu heiress and she’s currently staying in Seoul.”

“What? Her again?” She scoffed, her secretary nodded back.

“So, she’s the reason why he won’t come home?”

“Yes, miss Wu from what I’ve heard, she has no plans on moving back to Hong Kong, even.”

“Diana Wu. Wu Yinghua..that young troublemaker.” The girl murmured softly, his assistant nodded in hiss eat.

“Maybe it’s time to say hi to her, it’s been a while since I last met our business partners.” She spoke.

“Should I invite them over, ma’am?”

“No, but I do think Lucas should realize that he deserves someone better. Someone who suits him.”

 

 

“I thought your parents would be joining you.” Diana spoke as they walked towards the mall’s entrance.

“They had other plans, pa was needed in Chengdu, ma wanted to stay at home and rest for a bit.” Lucas said, Diana nodded and hooked arms with him.

“How’s Haerin jie? And the baby?”

“Well, Aiden’s been a bundle of joy, and the cause of ma’s broken China vases, not that she ever complained.”

“It’s his birthday next week.” Lucas said, Diana nodded back, her eyes went to a stationery shop and she pulled him with her.

“Should I get him like a toy car he can ride on? Or, one of those little bicycles?” He asked as they entered the shop, Diana glanced at him.

“Get him one of those rechargeable toy cars and Haerin unnie will come after you.” She chuckled, ever since Aiden, the house had been a mess, even the help could not keep up with her nephew.

Lucas smirked and walked towards her, Diana was browsing through a bunch of paper bookmarks and sticky notes.

“What are those for?” He asked as he leaned his chin on her head, Diana didn’t mind him.

“Are you suddenly into crafts?” He mused, Diana shook shrugged.

“I got you that Chanel wallet you mentioned.”

“That’s very nice of you, thank you, Wong.”

“You have to pay me.” Lucas said again, she nodded.

“My checkbook’s in the car, I can~”

Lucas held onto her waist and spun her around. Diana’s eyes narrowed at him, and then he leaned down to press his lips against hers.

“Payment received.” He whispered before running away from her, Diana sighed and shook her head before picking up the items she wanted to buy.

“A child.” She murmured as she took out her wallet.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++