004

Cross My Heart

 

 

“If it’s really that bad, just get rid of them.” Ming said from the other line, her words made Diana pause. The Wu child was busy packing for their trip.

“Are you a gangster? Get rid of them?” She shot back, she saw Ming roll on her eyes on the screen.

“That’s the only solution I can come up with, let’s ask Lina.”

“I just…they make me feel like I forced myself into the company, you know. Heck, I even saved them from my father’s mistress years back. Ungrateful sons of~” She heard the doors open and Aiden strolled in, Diana shut . Ming laughed at her reaction but she waved at the boy.

“Pa says he needs you downstairs, auntie. And uncle Lucas just arrived.” The boy said in accented Mandarin, Ming cooed at him.

“I’ll be right down, thank you, darling.” Diana kissed the top of his head and he ran out of the room.

“Need some help with that? Oh, Ming.” Lucas stepped in the room, he picked up Diana’s phone and grinned at their friend.

“I’m glad you two are coming over, it really has been a while, Wong.” Ming pointed out, the male chuckled.

“Can you put this down?” Diana murmured as she zipped her luggage, Lucas handed her phone back.

“I’ll call you again tonight. See you.” Diana blew the girl a kiss, Lucas put the bags down and looked around the room.

“I already called the elders about us coming, they’re expecting us to be there. Good luck.” Diana shrugged at him, he laughed before cupping both of her cheeks.

“I love your grandparents.”

“Yeah, weird.” She muttered back, before leaning upwards to kiss his cheek.

“Gege wants me in his office, do you mind..” She jutted her lips towards the shoes she set aside.

“I’ll have those packed up. Go.” He patted her waist before letting go of her, Diana made her way to her brother’s office and found him speaking on the phone.

“What is it, unnie?” She spoke to her sister-in-law.

“He mentioned about a family friend, they want to meet with us for dinner.” Haerin said, Diana paused.

“Which friend?”

“The Lais, do you remember them?”

 

 

“You’re in Beijing?”

The girl smiled as she held her phone to her ear, her father was on the other line.

“Yes, pa. I was invited to a party. It’s the HuangXi Group’s son’s birthday.”

“I didn’t know you were acquainted with him. But, that’s good.”

“I’ll be back in Shanghai a few days after, don’t worry. And about the tie up with PanLi Associates, it’s already been approved, you no longer have to worry about it.” She spoket as she got inside the waiting car and her assistant followed.

“Now, we only have to get the Wongs behind us on this. Things will be in place.”

“Don’t worry, I know how to approach WongShen. It won’t be difficult to make them agree on this one.”

“Why? Is Lucas also in town?”

The girl leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“Yes, he is good friends with the HuangXi son.”

“Correct, I remember. Didn’t Lucas choose to settle down in Korea? That must have bothered his family.”

“I think, he chose to be with that Wu daughter that’s why he’s stuck there, pa. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure we wont have a problem with the Wongs.”

Gong Moli, the eldest daughter of Phoenix Group smiled as she put her phone down. Her eyes went to the window as the view of downtown Beijing welcomed her.

“So, it is true, ma’am? About the young master Wong and Wu Holdings’ daughter? Those two caused a stir even from back then.”

“It is. and I don’t understand why Lucas would still choose to get back with that girl. She’s..disgusting.” Moli snorted and shook her head.

“The Wongs love her, ma’am. That’s what I heard.”

“They don’t have a choice, Lucas doesn’t think he has a choice as well. He’s stuck with her and he doesn’t know that.”

 

 

“I really…can’t remember his name.” Diana murmured as Kris poured himself a drink, Haerin chuckled.

Both siblings could not remember the name of their childhood friend, it was amusing to watch them mull over one person.

“You played with him almost everyday, mei.” Kris sighed.

“You should be the one able to remember better, you’ve been meeting with uncle Lai for years for work. As an actual adult, ge.”

“But you two are in the same age group!”

“Is it also my fault that you also cannot remember his name?” Diana made a face at him and Haerin started to laugh.

“Whatever, I’m sure it’ll come back to me later.” She waved him off before leaving the room, Kris rolled his eyes at her.

“Heihei?” Diana called out as she stepped out the front door, Lucas was standing by his Mercedes G Class Wagon while checking his phone.

“Family meeting’s done?”

“I can’t remember one of my old friend’s name. A headache’s coming my way.” She mumbled as Lucas opened the door for her, the girl paused.

“Wait, where are we going again?” She asked, and then she saw Aiden already strapped on the car seat at the back.

“You promised to take Aiden out today, but you also said you’d go out with me so,”

Diana’s eyes widened and she started to grin.

“I didn’t know our plans overlapped. Sorry, boys.” She mumbled, Lucas chuckled and gesture for her to sit down.

“Uncle Lucas said he’d take us to the amusement park!” Aiden announced, Diana looked at her boyfriend questioningly.

“The Wu young master gets what he wants.” He winked at Diana before closing the door.

“Right, we have dinner with some friends tonight. I’ll swing by to help you pack.” Diana said as Lucas started the car, he nodded.

“I got you something to wear to the party too.” She hummed excitedly, Aiden grinned from his child safety seat.

“Just please don’t make me wear red and I’ll be good to you.” Lucas mused before driving them out of the property.

 

 

Kris glanced over his shoulder as they entered the hotel’s lobby, Haerin was beside him, holding onto his hand while Diana and Aiden were behind them.

“Diana, stop looking at your phone.” He murmured, Diana looked up from the screen.

“I was checking my emails, ge.” She said.

“You can do that~”

“You two keep on bickering like children.” Haerin chuckled as she lifted Aiden in her arms, Kris rolled his eyes at his sister.

“I think pa and auntie Diana are like children too, ma.” Aiden said happily as they got inside the elevator, Haerin laughed.

“We let you get away with too many things.” Diana nodded to herself as she checked her reflection on the elevator walls. She was wearing a Chanel two-piece skirt suit and a pair of heels.

She had to get used to wearing heels a lot, it was part of the whole having Lucas around so much. She smiled to herself, he had just messaged her.

He wasn’t having much success with packing.

The doors pinged open and the Wus stepped out, and then Diana paused.

“Wait, I think I got it!” She blurted out, Kris turned to her.

“What?”

“Uncle Lai’s son. I think I remember his name.” Diana was actually very excited, it was like she won a competition.

“Good for you, Diana. Oppa will buy you something sweet later.” Kris hummed as they made their way towards the restaurant’s entrance.

“What’s the playmate’s name?” Haerin mused, they didn’t notice how the other elevator opened beside them.

“Lin Lin! Lai Guanlin!” Diana said happily before taking a small step back while grinning and then she gasped when she realized she had stepped on someone’s foot.

“Oh my god, I’m~”

“Were you calling for me, Yinghua jie?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++