인사 (Accost)

욕심 (GREED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Accost - approach and speak to someone aggressively or insistently. 

---

"What was that all about, Jessica?" Yoona's voice carried a stern authority, her glare directed firmly at the woman before her, who seemed surprisingly unfazed by it.

 

Jessica winced at the tone in Yoona's voice. She had forgotten how rare it was for Yoona to address her with such an assertive stance. It was as if Yoona had lost the genuine concern she once held for her. Jessica missed that care. She missed it deeply. But it was Yoona's own insatiable ambitions that had driven a wedge between them.

 

"I just want you to remain the CEO of our company, Yoong. I don't want him to replace you," Jessica's voice took on a tone of desperation. She stood up and positioned herself in front of Yoona, the close proximity failing to perturb her. "Why, Yoong? What will you do if he takes your place? Where will you go? You have nowhere else to go."

 

A subtle tilt of Yoona's head accompanied the darkening of her eyes. She could feel her blood beginning to boil, the last sentence echoing in her mind: You have nowhere else to go. The words churned within her, each repetition stoking her anger and frustration. Her jaw clenched, her fists tightened, the tension radiating off her figure, while Jessica watched on, visibly apprehensive. Yoona had never expressed such anger towards her, never dared to challenge her like this. The Yoona she knew would have defused such a situation, but now, anger and resentment seemed to define her.

 

"Listen here, Sooyeon. The company needs me; it doesn't work the other way around," Yoona hissed, her gaze locked onto Jessica, who had begun to tear up. "Why are you so stubborn?" The edge in her tone sliced into Jessica's heart like a thousand knives. She despised the way Yoona was speaking to her, a stark contrast to how things used to be. Jessica bit her lip, holding back her tears, but she found herself unable to contain the flood of emotion, and her tears fell in front of Yoona – the woman she loved above all else.

 

Yoona could only watch and sigh as the woman who once held her heart broke down in front of her. Instinctively, she pulled Jessica into a comforting embrace, allowing her to cry against her neck. Her hands gently patted Jessica's back, soothingly. "I... I... just want you to stay. Can't you see that?"

 

"You shouldn't interfere in my business, Jessica. Didn't we discuss this before?" The room fell into a temporary silence, Yoona relieved that Jessica's sobbing had subsided, replaced by the steadiness of her breaths. She knew that, in a matter of minutes, Jessica would slip into slumber. "I'm sorry, Yoong, for making you angry. I just want you to stay," Jessica mumbled, her words reaching Yoona's ears with a mix of sincerity and vulnerability.

 

A few minutes Yoona heard Jessica's cute little snores and that's her cue to put Jessica in their bed. She gently lay Jessica putting the blanket all over the latter's  body and was about to go to the bathroom when she felt the woman's hand on her wrist. "Stay with me Yoong...please." Yoona sighed giving in before she lay beside the woman who immediately snuggled against her.  

 

"I love you, Yoong..."

---

"You keep surprising me, Yoona. Everything is perfect. The board members are all impressed by your skills," Mr. Kim praised, and Yoona graciously thanked him for his kind words. This was the second time she had impressed him with a business proposal, and now he had another task in mind for her. "The wedding will be on Saturday, right?"

 

Yoona nodded in affirmation. "Yes, Mr. Kim. Jennie and I have planned to get married this Saturday."

 

Mr. Kim nodded, his gaze momentarily shifting from the proposal to Yoona as he beamed with pride. "I find it quite amusing that you still address my wife and me as 'Mr.' and 'Mrs.' You're going to marry my daughter, Yoona, and soon she'll be using your surname. Start calling us 'Mom' and 'Dad.' Once you and my daughter are married, you'll be our daughter too, so you'd better get used to it."

 

Yoona blushed, flashing a shy smile. I don't even know what to feel about calling Jennie's parents 'Dad' and 'Mom.' I never even addressed Jessica's parents like that. How oddly amusing.

 

Bowing her head once again, Yoona left his office after concluding their conversation. Jennie was running errands for their upcoming wedding. She noticed Jennie's mother gesturing for her to come over. "Mrs... Hi, Mom," Yoona stuttered slightly, caught off guard by the unexpected encounter.

 

Jennie's mother couldn't help but giggle at Yoona's sudden shyness. "If my husband hadn't spoken to you about this, I'm sure you'd still be addressing me as 'Mrs.,'" she teased. Their laughter echoed in the air. "Anyway, are you leaving now?"

 

Yoona flashed a polite smile. "Yes, Mom. I still have some tasks to attend to."

 

"In that case, you're free to go. Drive safely, okay?"

 

Yoona nodded, waving a gentle goodbye to Jennie's mother before departing.

 

Yuri opened the car door for her, and she slid into the back seat. "Ms. Lim, I have some news for you." Yoona raised an eyebrow, her attention focused on the road outside, awaiting Yuri's revelation. "The next meeting is scheduled for this Saturday. You'll need to return to the company. It's about your position as the President of Jung's Company."

 

Yoona's mind began to churn as she contemplated this new development. A mental dilemma seemed to be forming, and she found herself grappling with her thoughts.

 

I have to make a decision now.

 

It's a choice between the Kims and the Jungs.

 

What will I choose?

---

 

The cat-eyed girl wandered around the luxurious flower shop, engrossed in her quest for suitable flowers that would fit her and Yoona's wedding theme. Amidst her perusal, she remained oblivious to the arrival of a familiar figure.

 

"Welcome to the shop, Ms. Jessica Jung!" the shopkeeper's greeting caught her attention, and Jennie spun around in search of the familiar presence.

 

"Looking for me?" Her eyes widened as she turned to meet the gaze of none other than Jessica Jung – renowned actress and fashion icon – standing before her, sporting her signature resting face. "Fancy seeing you here, Jennie Kim," Jessica's tone dripped with bitterness and disdain, to which Jennie felt herself reciprocating.

 

"Pleasure is all mine, Jessica Jung," Jennie's response came with an expression as devoid of emotion as Jessica's own.

 

With fake smiles gracing their lips, the two locked gazes, an intense tension filling the air around them. Any onlooker would be forgiven for fleeing the scene, as the palpable animosity seemed ready to ignite.

 

Jessica averted her gaze first, turning her attention to the roses displayed behind her. Jennie shrugged, mirroring her actions and focusing on her favorite flowers, daisies.

 

"I recall the times when Yoong and I used to sneak out of class just to go on dates," Jessica began, her voice carrying enough volume for Jennie to hear.

 

Jennie scoffed inwardly at the actress's attempt to provoke her. She was well aware that Jessica's intention was to impress her by reminding her of her history with Yoona. Yet, Jennie wouldn't let that faze her. If it concerned Yoona, she wouldn't back down, not even to someone as formidable as Jessica.

 

"Too bad those days are behind us, because Yoona and I don't need to sneak around. We can be openly affectionate in front of the world," Jennie retorted cheekily. She shot a grin at Jessica, who stood several meters away, barely containing her irritation.

 

"Oh, really? Do you believe that's the best counter you've got? I know Yoong's entire existence, while you've only glimpsed the tip of her iceberg. Don't flatter yourself – you don't truly know her," Jessica's words carried a sassy undertone, attempting to intimidate the girl before her. But it was clear her efforts were falling flat.

 

"You think you've intimidated me? You're sorely mistaken. Just because you know her history doesn't mean you're superior to me. By the way, if you were so much better, she wouldn't have chosen me," Jennie's retort was delivered with a fierce determination, undaunted by Jessica's attempt to rattle her.

 

Jessica detested any hint of disrespect from those younger than her. It was as if they were trampling on her ego, a notion she couldn't tolerate. Determined to teach Jennie a lesson in respect for her elders, she decided to strike back. "When Yoong and I have , it always leads to cuddling afterward. It's a pity you haven't had the chance to experience that daily cuddling," she taunted, a mocking tone coloring her words.

 

Unfazed, Jennie's smirk widened as she retorted, "I'm better than you. I've taken your place, and I do it with her every day and everywhere." She relished the sight of Jessica approaching her, eager to engage in a verbal showdown. Jennie was fully aware that revealing the upcoming marriage to Jessica wouldn't bring the desired thrill, as she relished the challenge of facing off against the formidable actress first.

 

"You believe that puts you above me? Look at the facts, Jennie Kim. She's using your body for her needs. Don't deceive yourself – she'll never love you like she loves me," Jessica declared firmly. Her tone emphasized the last part, hinting that Yoona was not Jennie's and would never be.

 

"Oh, really? Because she's already confessed those three words to me. You're the one who needs to stop deluding herself, thinking that Yoona is still yours. She was mine from the start – she took my ity," Jennie shot back.

 

A pang shot through Jessica's chest at the revelation. Yoong said those three words? I... I can't...

 

"That was just a lie, Ms. Jennie Kim, also known as 'The Delusional.' Stop comparing yourself to me. I'm the best when it comes to Yoong," Jessica clenched her teeth, stepping closer to Jennie. "At the end of the day, she always comes back home. You know where her home is? Me," she pointed an accusing finger at Jennie, who met her glare with an equally intense one, resisting the urge to slap the arrogance out of her opponent.

 

The room seemed to shrink as the two women exchanged heated glares, the tension almost palpable. Even the cashier observed the scene in a hushed fear. Jennie commended her own confidence for standing up to Jessica, acknowledging that she'd pretend even if she didn't have it for Yoona's sake.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica reflected on her patience in dealing with Jennie. She had a variety of methods to deal with nuisances like Jennie, as she had with those who had flirted with Yoona before. However, Jessica recognized the precarious position of her company. The Kim's were a powerful and wealthy entity in South Korea, and tangling with Jennie could put her own company at risk – a situation she wanted to avoid at all costs. And then...

 

"I can't wait to marry Yoona," Jennie's retort sparked Jessica's anger anew.

 

Jennie's gaze met Jessica's fiery eyes, which seemed to be set ablaze by her retort. She couldn't quite fathom why those words had triggered such a strong reaction in the actress. The intensity of Jessica's anger was palpable, but Jennie stood her ground, her own eyes blazing with defiance.

 

However, no amount of deep breathing could quell Jessica's rage. The anger radiated from her like an inferno, and when her eyes met Jennie's, they communicated a fierce determination: You can't have her anymore; she's mine.

 

With an abrupt movement, Jessica's hand lashed out, striking Jennie's left cheek. The unexpected slap left Jennie stunned, her eyes wide in shock. The force behind the blow resonated through her cheek, stinging with both pain and disbelief.

 

Jennie's own anger surged in response, overriding the shock of the slap. Her eyes narrowed into a glare as she locked onto Jessica, feeling a burning need to assert herself. Her fingers tightened into fists as she took a step forward, her resolve unshaken.

 

Then, without a second thought, she lunged at Jessica, her fingers gripping the actress's hair at the back of her head. Jessica winced in pain as Jennie's pull tugged at her scalp, and her reflexes kicked in, her hands grabbing onto Jennie's hair in retaliation.

 

"You ing !" Jessica screamed, her voice filled with venom and rage. She delivered a swift kick to Jennie's body, causing the younger girl to cry out in pain. "How dare you go against me? You thought you could challenge me, but you're so damn wrong, you !"

 

"Crazy who can't accept that she's no longer loved by her lover! Delusional to the core!" Jennie shouted back, her words dripping with scorn and defiance.

 

The two women continued to wrestle, their grip on each other's hair and clothes the only thing preventing them from launching full-scale attacks. Their clothes were crumpled, and their disheveled appearance mirrored the tumultuous emotions raging between them.

 

Had it not been for the cashier's intervention, the confrontation could have escalated into a full-blown physical altercation, leaving both women battered and bruised on the floor. The cashier's voice cut through the tension like a lifeline, offering a momentary reprieve from the turmoil that had erupted between Jennie and Jessica.

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter